The Official HTC Desire Thread

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
There are other Android phones like HTC's Legend for 22k, Motorola's Milestone (28k) and Backflip (18k) if you dont want SE and Samsung phones...

Arun

Yes! Legend and Milestone are 2 excellent phones if you're not gonna play around with hacking etc..

Legend is good but again lags at times in its UI when loaded with too many widgets ...... which I do not like, Milestone is crappy looking phone with a poor UI ...... decided to wait ..... mean time checking if I can get iPhone 3GS from US for now .... before the mention phones are launched in the next quarter ...

Last edited:

drumster

Broken In
Well, I prefer the design of the new Milestone XT720, rather than the older one (which bombed badly in the US, as well). Its just too bulky... reminiscent of the shitty N-series devices that Nokia used to make..

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Well, I prefer the design of the new Milestone XT720, rather than the older one (which bombed badly in the US, as well). Its just too bulky... reminiscent of the shitty N-series devices that Nokia used to make..

Are you freaking KIDDING ME?! The Droid is probably the Android phone with maximum sales ever!

I really don't know, but my sense of design and your sense of design are completely opposite! I much prefer milestone/legend and even SGS's design over Desire/Nexus One! The camera at the back is plain UGLY on the Desire/N1.

drumster

Broken In
My bad! Milestone is actually the Droid in US :oops: Ah well, maybe it was because of lack of a better choice :p And also because US used to be a Motorola crazy nation at one point of time...

sujoyp

Grand Master
I too liked XT720 design...its very solid looking device..

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/motorola/motorola-XT720-milestone-2.jpg

webwizzy

Broken In
I too liked XT720 design...its very solid looking device..

True, it looks hell yeah! Specs are good too, I just wish it had a Ghz processor. Also, I am concerned about the battery life. Using the Xenon flash a couple of times might drain it even quicker.

Camera lovers might love it. And yes, 8GB card and HDMI Out cable in the box is definitely an attraction.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My bad! Milestone is actually the Droid in US :oops: Ah well, maybe it was because of lack of a better choice :p And also because US used to be a Motorola crazy nation at one point of time...

Dude. Milestone is bulky?

FYI:

Milestone : 115.8 x 60 x 13.7 mm, 165gms
XT720: 116 x 60.9 x 10.9 mm, 160gms
Desire : 119 x 60 x 11.9 mm

There isn't much of a difference between these three. Even with a full qwerty keypad, Milestone's thickness is under 14mm making it one of the thinnest qwerty phones ever produced.

N900 : 110.9 x 59.8 x 18 mm, 181 g

Now this is what I call bulky!

And FYI, Milesone is one of the best Android devices ever produced and one of the frontrunners in getting Android updates. This phone was a hit and is still selling really well. I have personally checked this phone and it's noway bulky!

drumster

Broken In
Damnit, I hate milestone. Now dont try to convince me otherwise :razz:

But seriously, I am so dying to get my hands on the Desire :cry: , If they would announce it today, I would leave office early to get it. I am that desperate. Cynics, please dont say that its not gonna launch :evil:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
^^^^hehehe drumster.....

the name of this thread shud be changed to "Calling All HTC Desire Lovers of the World"....no one wants to listen/learn about any phone other than Desire...

drumster

Broken In
No, but seriously, how many Android phones have a 1GHz processor, 576MB of RAM AND provide prompt upgrades (not like the Xperia). I dont think its any wonder that the snappy Desire has a large fan-base. If there is any iPhone killer then its the Desire.

N8 fanboys, please go and stand in a corner facing the wall. N8 is nearly a year late.

webwizzy

Broken In
the name of this thread shud be changed to "Calling All HTC Desire Lovers of the World"....no one wants to listen/learn about any phone other than Desire...

"HTC Desire Lovers vs HTC Desire Haters" suits better. :D

No, but seriously, how many Android phones have a 1GHz processor, 576MB of RAM AND provide prompt upgrades (not like the Xperia). I dont think its any wonder that the snappy Desire has a large fan-base. If there is any iPhone killer then its the Desire.

N8 fanboys, please go and stand in a corner facing the wall. N8 is nearly a year late.

I personally can't really call it an iPhone killer, coz iPhone is one of its kind. And that is the only reason why every new and upcoming phone on this planet is compared with the iPhone. Rest is true! :)

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Just to add,

Desire lovers (and haters/critics too) must watch these vids by HTC.

YouTube - Hands-on with HTC Desire part I
YouTube - Hands-on with HTC Desire part II

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
That's called industrial design. Regarding UI; its a personal choice. Shiny, candy looking icons don't necessarily mean a good UI.

Who said anything about shiny icons ..... Desire does not have shiny icons ..... and that industrial design .... sucks if you ask me .... yea right personal choice, you already said .... ... Anyway

@ ALL MEMBERS HERE ........

I am getting an unlocked iPhone 3GS from US with box, leather case and all accessories ...... for 14K ... and I am getting to sell my E75 for 9K, so effectively 3GS would cost me 5K !!! :D ..... how is this deal worth grabbing I guess ...... I am not a fan of iPhone as such but under the circumstances, this is the second best thing I can get I suppose ..... later I can sell 3GS say after 5,6 months (for which I would still get 15K) and get HTC HD or something with Andorid 3 ............

What do you people say .......

webwizzy

Broken In
I am getting an unlocked iPhone 3GS from US with box, leather case and all accessories ...... for 14K ... and I am getting to sell my E75 for 9K, so effectively 3GS would cost me 5K !!! :D ..... how is this deal worth grabbing I guess ...... I am not a fan of iPhone as such but under the circumstances, this is the second best thing I can get I suppose ..... later I can sell 3GS say after 5,6 months (for which I would still get 15K) and get HTC HD or something with Andorid 3 ............

All I can say is, I want it too.

Can you get me a 3GS, if possible? I'll pay 15k via instant online transfer to your bank a/c. Please dude, want it badly. No kidding!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Who said anything about shiny icons ..... Desire does not have shiny icons ..... and that industrial design .... sucks if you ask me .... yea right personal choice, you already said .... ... Anyway

@ ALL MEMBERS HERE ........

hmm. this does make sense. :)
get iphone 3GS for now and you will be able to sell it off for 15k atleast after few months. By the end of this year, there will be a truck load of high end android devices in India and you will have lot more options then

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yeah...getting a iPhone3GS for 15K is killer for a deal.... :)
Although I hate iPhone (Apple for that matter) from the bottom of my heart...but without a doubt iPhone is something which rest of today's smartphones are following...it was a revolution....

Top Bottom