The Official HTC Desire Thread

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Anddddddd THAT's why I stopped posting on this thread. Thanks for reminding me!

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

And just so that Neeraj would stop slinging dirt at me, a quote from sam9s's PM to me:

haha. nice find Kalpik. Some never stop! :)

@neerajvohra: taking english essay writing lessons? Seriously speaking, if you think that TDF is better than TE, I don't blame you because I understand! That's why I generally and mostly ignore your useless posts. Anyways, why should I listen to a guy who copies stuff from other blogs and showoff as if it's his writings?

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

mmm Damm I was sold out with desire ..... Is GS the only option left under highend smartphones ..... (dont even start with Nokia) .. already boared with E75 ........ so if I wait what according to experts can I expect in next say 3,4 months....is it worth waiting ?????

Sam9S, It definitely would be worth waiting. The phones lined up for next few months are good. And they all will be given priority over current gen handsets for Android 3.0 upgrade (if I am right). Also, by that time the issues with GS and the production issues with Desire should be over and you will have a better way to compare these two and it might make you go for GS or wait for better phones.

1) Desire HD
2) Milestone 2
3) Droid X's GSM variant (not exactly sure)
4) Desire with SLCD

Also not to forget WinPho 7 based phones (already looking yummy). MS is working hard to get as many apps possible into the winpho market by the time phones roll out.

Last edited:

webwizzy

Broken In
Alright..

GS owners are quite likely to make people here bend towards GS. Quite natural, no? If I would have already bought the GS, I might be doing that too. :D

There's no way I personally am going above a 3.7 inch display. All phones sized 4" above are looking freakin' big on me. So no Desire HD or anything like. I would have bought the HD2 (Android ROMS are in the works) way back if this was not the case. And yes, I don't want a physical qwerty either. I kinda liked the Milestone XT720 but less RAM and CPU for the same price is a deal breaker for me.

Currently, looking at my situation, there's no better solution than HTC Desire. If there is, please let me know with display not above 3.7".

I just wish iPhone 3GS (the factory unlocked UK version) would have gone a little cheaper around 25k. I would have bought it with my eyes closed. We all know deep somewhere inside, that there's something really sexy about an iPhone. It owns the market for a reason.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Currently, looking at my situation, there's no better solution than HTC Desire. If there is, please let me know with display not above 3.7".
So that is ur main issue...not Samsung or its issues (?)

And, the time has come when we ask Sam why is he buying this phone?
in clear text, what is the purpose of this purchase and the expectation from the new mobile phone...

Sam, there might be some good alternatives than GS or Desire depending on ur requirements.

But, if this new purchase of urs is for Desire and Desire only...then its useless of us to argue over which is better or not...

Wait till Desire launches and buy :)
Period.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
We all know deep somewhere inside, that there's something really sexy about an iPhone. It owns the market for a reason.

^^Thats your opinion smartboy :rolleyes:. We don't necessarily agree. I don't want it turn this thread into another iPhone vs. Android thread.

If you think it is sexy, then save or stretch your budget. Don't buy an Android phone just because it fits your budget.

Last edited:

webwizzy

Broken In
So that is ur main issue...not Samsung or its issues (?)

yep, no way my next phone is going to be a 4" display. But again, if GS would have been available for 20-22k, I would have grabbed that. And I did said that already, no? Although I am ready to pay 26-28k for the Desire, but not for the GS. Looks like I'll be waiting for more options in the coming couple of months.

^^Thats your opinion smartboy :rolleyes:. We don't necessarily agree.

haha and thats your opinion. :grin:
See how simple is that.

I don't want it turn this thread into another iPhone vs. Android thread.

yes, don't. That was an opinion, if it didn't help you, it would help someone else. :)

Don't buy an Android phone just because it fits your budget.

umm why?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@webwhatever. really don't understand. First you talk about GS not a worthy buy due to tiny issues and then you pick the most overrated phone as "The One". Care to explain? And the earlier suggestions I made are not for you.

webwizzy

Broken In
@webwhatever. really don't understand. First you talk about GS not a worthy buy due to tiny issues and then you pick the most overrated phone as "The One". Care to explain? And the earlier suggestions I made are not for you.

@desiiwhatever. haha its the people who make something overrated, and when something gets overrated, it has a reason.

At my office, one of my colleagues own an iphone and after playing with it almost on a daily basis, I now really know why its so "overrated" (according to you) and officially one of the most selling phones on the planet. The feel is outstanding, can seriously feel it.

SO.. the reason is simple. I have got hold of all the three phones in the last one week. And iphone does feel like a flagship product of a billionaire company, Desire does feel like a tough competitor, and GS does feel like GS. It ALL comes from my very own personal experience. :)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
If you're interested in knowing how much posts I have on the internet, then believe me, you'll trust me more than gsmarena lol.
Ok, I just saw the site in your signature, and I now trust you more than GSMarena.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

@desiiwhatever. haha its the people who make something overrated, and when something gets overrated, it has a reason.
And sorry to say this, but I really think you *do not* know the meaning of "overrated" :|

webwizzy

Broken In
And sorry to say this, but I really think you *do not* know the meaning of "overrated" :|

umm sure I do. In that case, you really do not know that "Apple" is not just a fruit.

Know a fact,

"Majority of the people who call something "overrated" have probably never even seen that something."

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

At my office, one of my colleagues own an iphone and after playing with it almost on a daily basis, I now really know why its so "overrated" (according to you) and officially one of the most selling phones on the planet. The feel is outstanding, can seriously feel it.

SO.. the reason is simple. I have got hold of all the three phones in the last one week. And iphone does feel like a flagship product of a billionaire company, Desire does feel like a tough competitor, and GS does feel like GS. It ALL comes from my very own personal experience. :)

aaaaah. okay. Try to get an iphone or else go for Desire. Else wait for iphone or wait for Desire. Else go to USA and get iphone or go to USA and get Desire. :)

PS: your website is really really LOL worthy, especially the Intro video!

webwizzy

Broken In
I loled.................

And now I loled..

haha man I am seriously loving this place. :)

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

aaaaah. okay. Try to get an iphone or else go for Desire. Else wait for iphone or wait for Desire. Else go to USA and get iphone or go to USA and get Desire. :)

Ummm.. good idea. :D

PS: your website is really really LOL worthy, especially the Intro video!

haha thanks man. I'll take it as a compliment. Do check out my other sites as well.

Its better than blogspot I hope. :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
haha thanks man. I'll take it as a compliment. Do check out my other sites as well.

Its better than blogspot I hope. :p

yeah. in Steve Job's words, those sites are revolutionary, magical, amazing, engineering marvel, colorful. I can seriously feel the colors. I can seriously feel it. :) And what blogspot blah blah blah. They are nothing before vinayaks.com :)

Last edited:

webwizzy

Broken In
yeah. in Steve Job's words, those sites are revolutionary, magical, amazing, engineering marvel, colorful. I can seriously feel the colors. I can seriously feel it. :) And what blogspot blah blah blah. They are nothing before vinayaks.com :)

Your post was better before you edited it, after thinking for 8 minutes. Abhi over ho gaya. :p

But i am glad you liked a four year old homepage that hasn't been updated since then. That was my BCA 1st year project. :lol:

Back to the topic.. HTC Desire ... Waiting waiting n waiting

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Your post was better before you edited it, after thinking for 8 minutes. Abhi over ho gaya. :p

But i am glad you liked a four year old homepage that hasn't been updated since then. That was my BCA 1st year project. :lol:

Back to the topic.. HTC Desire ... Waiting waiting n waiting

why not get AMOLED one from ebay? out of stock?

darkrider114

Broken In
Hi guys!!

I would like to says a few points why the desire is better than Galaxy S...

1. Desire has better build quality than GS- It all comes down to how we feel when we hold our phone in hands..solid or plasticky??
2. Desire has a better UI... I never liked the idea of samsung's Touchwiz. Its crap...HTC's sense UI is way better..
3. Desire has Trackpad which is very useful for navigation... You can rest your thumb at someplace and navigate ur phone if u feel like tired after swaying your thumb all over the screen...
4. Desire has led flash, which can atleast be used as flashlight in the dark, even though it may not be much useful to take pictures..
5. Every one is boasting of GS out of the box Divx support.. How many of us really watch videos on our phones nowadays??
6. HTC did a very good job of integrating facebook and twitter into phone's sense UI. It automatically imports photos from such sites for contacts. Is int it very useful?
7. Last but nt the least desire is better supported at xda developers than Galaxy and HTC give better software support than any other manufacturer in my view...

BTW desire looks solid and sturdy, while the galaxy looks cheap and glossy like a Chinese phone..is int it??

The choice is between a professional smart phone maker and a part time smart phone maker....

Tnx....

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
The choice is between a professional smart phone maker and a part time smart phone maker..

Liked all the points just not this one..

If samsung is part time smartphone maker(with dozens of smartphones) what will u call Apple..Apple have only 3 phones in market:mrgreen:...

U just cant compare any company like this:thumbs:

Just felt the lighter side:mrgreen:

darkrider114

Broken In
What i meant was HTC mostly makes only smart phones except for 1 or 2 phones compared to others..so it would definitely have edge over others in making smart phones....tnx..

Top Bottom