The Official HTC Desire Thread

Discussion in 'Mobiles and Tablets' started by sam9s, Aug 2, 2010.

1. OP
    sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

^^ Yep you are right .... seems like we are about to get there ....... I was reading the same thread and decided to share it here when I saw you already have ......good to see people with the same interest .... :)

[ROOT] unrEVOked 3.2: one-click root for GSM & CDMA Desire - xda-developers

PS :: Also the card I have 8GB SDHC, class is not written on it ...... so I will assume its Class 2, or maybe there is some other way of finding that out ..... I will anyhow buy an 8GB Kingston Class 6 card soon ...... 720p videos seems to run much smoother off a class 6 card than a class 2 ....

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. kalpik

kalpik In Pursuit of "Happyness"

3. OP
    sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

4. kalpik

kalpik In Pursuit of "Happyness"

5. OP
    sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

I tried that pull method to extract the application from phone mem, but it seems we need super user access to PULL the application.

EDIT :: The good new is the latest rooting by revoke will not only root bootloader 0.93 but also provide us with superuser access ......

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  6. drumster

drumster New Member

Okay, so I bought the screen protector from Ebay and I spent nearly one hour trying to put it on and must have tried atleast 100 times. It is IMPOSSIBLE to apply without a thousand air bubbles in between. In the end I got so frustrated that I threw away the screen protector. I ended up wasting 200 Rs. [​IMG]

7. sujoyp

sujoyp Well-Known Member

tell the shopkeeper to apply the screen protector...it is a safe bet...they apply correctly:)

8. OP
    sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

Guys ..... tell me something ..... I dont know if its a problem is with me or its a generic ......

The problem is I can not keep different wallpapers along different "Home replacement" application, I have tried like 4,5 home replacement apps like aHome, Launcher Pro, GDE, Open Home, AWD etc. Everything works great, except I CANNOT keep different wallpapers across two home replacement apps. If I change a wallpaper in one HR app it changes in all, which is frustrating ........I mean HR apps are suppose to give you an entirely new desktop to work with, and with the wall paper same it does not give you that feel ........has anybody else tried home replacement and faced similar deal .....

@Sujoyp ...... you should have gone to some local phone shop, they know how to fit the screen protector ......

Guys ...... if anyone has noticed, taking screenshot of your phone, without rooting is impossible, well atleast untill I stunbled upon this article ...... as you must be knowing I am not rooted yet, as I am still waiting for 2.2 OTA to be rooted so my screenshot application stopped working and I was looking to find a way to capture screen shots for my phone, when I got this article .....

Taking screenshots on an Android-based phone

it uses same technique of using the Android SDK which I shared with you, couple of pages back (for getting apps installed on SD). You just have to plug in the phone with USB debugging mode enabled (assuming you already have installed the drives if you had tried the previous tut) go to tools folder, double click DDMS file, which would open a window (you might need to do this twice it you receive some error in the first go), select the phone from the left widow (starts with H) . Press CTRL-S, that would bring the Device Screen Capture inter-phase showing you the screen that is currently displaying on your device ......thats it you just need to click in save and save the file ..........NEAT!!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  9. anonymusneo

anonymusneo New Member

what are the benifits of opendesire rom?

10. akshat1301

akshat1301 New Member

he guys .. thanks for posting the latest stuff about andriod and desire.. though not vry active get a lot of info :)

I upgraded my desire to froyo.. and after that i realised that the fm radio is not working anymore.. any solution to this problem ?
    Also i dont c any battery improvemnt even after the froyo update

I also wanted to buy a case and screen gaurd.. anyone has ne options where to buy in bangalore.. havent found newhere and dont want to buy online as it is difficult to put the guard without bubbles

11. OP
    sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

GUYS!!!!! OTA 2.2 is finally rooted, and I am back with my titanium backup and market access ....yuuuhoooooo :) ....... Unrevoked released their final version Unrevoked 3 and its for all HBOOT versions and for all screens, meaning you can run on your 2.2 with HBOOT 0.93 with SLCD safely. I did it and it was a piece of cake ........

You can get Unrevoked 3 here .... unrevoked3 recovery reflash tool, v3.21

12. OP
    sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

GUYS!!!!! OTA 2.2 is finaly rooted ............. Unrevoked released the final version Unrevoked 3.21 that works on all HBOOTS and all screens, meaning if you have 2.2 OTA with HBOOT 0.93 with SLCD you can use this tool to root your phone safely ............. I have done it and its a piece of cake ....

You can get Unrevoked 3.21 from here .......... unrevoked3 recovery reflash tool, v3.21

Cheers
    Sammy

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  13. pid 0

pid 0 New Member

That's great news!! :razz:
    I'm on the verge of getting the desire, and htc throws up a teaser with the new htc sense and no word if it will be available for Desire. Mean fellas... :-x

Now i'm left wondering whether I shld get it or wait for more time :|:|

14. OP
    sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

Waiting game would never end, in this ever changing world of technology and gaming. There would be something "better" and "new" always around the corner .....

As for the new HTC Sense, officially its not announced for current Desire but XDA developers have wasted no time porting Desire HD ROM on other hardware ......... The ROM got dumped few days ago courtesy XDA member dealer75 ... though its for development currently but we can soon expect the public release....... :D .......waiting might not be a good option ...:D

15. Kvishal

Kvishal New Member

Can anyone please help me with where can I see a Demo, like a working piece of HTC-Desire in Mumbai. None of the Cromas have it So please dont tell me Croma I have already checked it.

16. OP
    sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

^^ You wont get a working piece of Desire on demo for sure, heck even GS has only its working replica on stand ..... the only way is if any of your friend has it, or rip youtube, by watching almost every video for Desire (atleast thats what I did)

17. Hrithan2020

Hrithan2020 New Member

So, the GS'es available in Samsung official stores aren't genuine?

18. gagan007

gagan007 Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!

hehehe dude you are so funny...what sam9s was trying to say that u won't get an original GS handset as demo piece...for you to play around before buying an original one.. :D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  19. drumster

drumster New Member

Okay so any views on which are the best custom ROMs for Desire and what additional/ better features they provide over the current HTC Sense? I think I am ready to Root and Customize :)

Would appreciate inputs from sam9s who has used the custom ROMs earlier on 2,1

20. OP
    sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

Friends ..... The new HCT Sense for Desire HD has been successfully ported to EVO .... and it looks cool, with number of new awsome features, It should not take much before its successfully ported on other HTC devices as well including Desire ......

Check out the a comprehensive review of the new Sense UI with a Youtube video of how the ROM looks on EVO ...

New HTC Desire HD ROM looks Incredible on EVO [ROM Reviews] | andrew | Androinica)

There is no Best ROM as such. atleast thats what I have experienced. Different ROMs have different advantages, some offer better speed and battery with less features while other offer loads of extra features. Some might not be truly stable with your phone. So its advisable to try out couple of ROMs (after backing up your current one ofcourse) and see which one suits your needs and requirements ....... Head on to Android Forums for more details or XDA Developers.com for reviews on different ROMs .......

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010