The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ welcome to TDF but please please please use the normal fonts & black colour. that colour hurts the eye man. please edit the post.

mail2abhi81

Broken In
^^ welcome to TDF but please please please use the normal fonts & black colour. that colour hurts the eye man. please edit the post.

Done Sam Sahab :)

B'lore folks.. please give some pointers to shops offering the best price. The best I've got yet is 12,500. But am sure, there are shops selling this piece for less than that.
Puleeez

Thanks,
Abhishek

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
hey guys can anyone tell me is there any other app apart from PowerAmp which has sound settings e.g. equalizers etc . ??????

spearhead121

Right off the assembly line
hi guys.. this is my first post here :D

im planing to buy an android phone in one or two days and iv shortlisted O1 and X8.iv done my home work and iv decided upon O1 but im still not able to rule out the SE X8 completely. the only con i can clearly see is 256mb of ram. can someone please tell me more cons on x8 over O1 so i can walk into the shop n become an optimus one user by tonight..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Small screen, Android 1.6, costlier, no multitouch, no camera autofocus, only 168 mb ram

to make it easier for spearhead:

small screen: 3" only. a bit too small to properly.
Android 1.6: slow + apps have to installed in the phone memory.
costly: 14-15k whereas Optimus One cost 12k or less.
no multitouch: Android 1.6 doesn't have multitouch. i think Froyo is needed for it.
no camera autofocus: maybe the official X8 update to Eclair (wait 365 days more) that many are waiting will bring it, provided the camera is capable.
168Mb ram: 512Mb ram on LG Optimus One :grin:

i not know how can he say he done his homework :lol:

allenmobis

Broken In
hi guys.. this is my first post here :D

im planing to buy an android phone in one or two days and iv shortlisted O1 and X8.iv done my home work and iv decided upon O1 but im still not able to rule out the SE X8 completely. the only con i can clearly see is 256mb of ram. can someone please tell me more cons on x8 over O1 so i can walk into the shop n become an optimus one user by tonight..

I still do not like to use Optimum T due to low memory unlike a smarphone has.

utkarsh009

In the zone
hey guys can someone tell me if we can turn off bollywoodji or somehow prevent it from connecting to internet without rooting?

pauldmps

Banned
OK so I was reading the reviews of O1 at various sites & also discussions related to it on other forums.

Now the most important negative point I found about the phone is the lack of Flash in browser. Even it is not possible to install Flash as the processor of the phone does not support Flash instructions.

Now the XDA forums had a thread in which users were complaining about being cheated by LG. They posted snapshots of the package of O1 clearly mentioning Flash 10.1 inbuilt while the phone was not flash capable.

Some users form other countries reported that only the "Indian" version of O1 has Flash inbuilt. The responses of various Indian users were more contradictory. Some state that Flash works on their browser while some say that it doesn't work.

Also the new O1 packages have a black tape pasted on the place where Flash support is written.

I would like to know what the O1 users have to say all about this issue.

[Q] Install Flash player on optimus one - xda-developers

*i56.tinypic.com/wv4uw3.jpg

niraj87

Broken In
@Prateek

I had posted a link to PowerAmp full version (recently cracked), but the forum moderator didnt approve the post n warned me of not spreading piracy on the forum !

Its available on 4shared.com or simple googling...just search for "PowerAmp full"..I hope the moderator has no problem with this post. If yes, dont show me the red card, a yellow card will do, since I aint aware if only linking is unallowed, or even talking abt pirated stuff, too.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@utkarsh
It can't be remove without rooting, if you don't have a data plan activated use the Data Package unable/disable toggle button present on the notification bar. Other than that I don't think it can be cut off from being able to connect to internet.

@pauldmps
Indian Optimus One being flash enabled is a myth. Even my box got flash lite support printed on it. It's LG fault.

Now the box comes with a black tape covered on the printed flash lite part :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ no idea mate. but once read (in XDA forum) that one have to download it. & also Flash lite can't be compared to the full flash. in short, this mobile doesn't have or support flash.

pauldmps

Banned
& will never support due to limitations of the processor.

Also point to note is that it doesn't even support Flash lite as the users are complaining. That's a shame considering that even old Symbian phones have flash lite.

I am getting Class 10 - 8 GB SDHC CARD for 900rs, heard some problem with sandisk card. It is ok to go with this 8gb memory card ?

Top Bottom