The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

anwarabir

Right off the assembly line
4 hot budget smartphones coming to India in 2016
1. Xiaomi Redmi 3
Xiaomi has officially launched the Redmi 3 smartphone in China, but this budget smartphone is expected to make its way to India soon. The device features a 5-inch 720P HD display and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 chipset and 2GB RAM.

The smartphone offers 16GB internal memory to users and packs a large 4,100mAh battery. Xiaomi Redmi 3 sports 13MP primary camera and 5MP front facing camera.
2.OnePlus Mini 2
OnePlus is reportedly set to release a new smartphone named 'OnePlus 2 Mini,' which has already cleared TENAA. As it has been reported, the smartphone sports a 4.99-inch AMOLED (1920x1080p) display and is powered by a 2.0GHz octa-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 810) chipset along with 3GB RAM. OnePlus will offer users 16GB of internal storage. Additionally, the device can support microSD cards of up to 128GB.

Speaking of the camera, the smartphone sports a 13MP primary camera and an 8MP selfie camera. The Android-based OxygenOS device is 6.9mm thick and weighs 138g. OnePlus 2 Mini is expected to launch in the first quarter of 2016.
Samsung Galaxy J3
Samsung's new smartphone was announced in November 2015 and is expected to be released in January 2016. Samsung Galaxy J3 is an optional dual SIM phone that features a 5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display and is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core processor and 1.5GB RAM. The phone offers 8GB of internal storage and can hold microSD cards of up to 128GB.

Galaxy J3 runs Android Lollipop 5.1.1 and packs a 2,600mAh battery and is available in three colours: White, Black and Gold. The phone features 8MP primary camera along with LED flash and a 5MP secondary camera.
4.Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
This Xiaomi phablet is yet to launch in India, but once it does it is sure to give phones with high-end specs run for their money. Featuring a 5.5-inch 1080p display, Redmi Note 3 is powered by 2GHz MediaTek Helio X10 64-bit octa-core chipset.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is a dual SIM phone that comes in two variants: One with 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, and the other with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 also comes with a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP selfie camera. It also packs a 4,000mAh battery. The phone runs Android Lollipop-based MIUI 7.

satinder

DELHIITE
Any predictions for Moto G4 ?

Actually I am looking for AMOLED display as all my previous phones are IPS.
Amazon.in is going to announce about Moto G 4th generation now !
They are creating suspense on website.
9June is releasing date by Motorola !

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
No suspense now.
Moto G4 Plus: Motorola Moto G4 Plus Specifications, Features at Amazon.i

*g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/31/img15/Mobiles/ProjectGoodwood/LP/PC/Moto-G4-Plus_LandingPage_Final_05.jpg

2GB/16 GB variant: 13499 INR
3GB/32 GB variant: 14999 INR

on sale from today zero hour onwards.

Flash

Lost in speed
4 hot budget smartphones coming to India in 2016
1. Xiaomi Redmi 3
Xiaomi has officially launched the Redmi 3 smartphone in China, but this budget smartphone is expected to make its way to India soon. The device features a 5-inch 720P HD display and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 chipset and 2GB RAM.

The smartphone offers 16GB internal memory to users and packs a large 4,100mAh battery. Xiaomi Redmi 3 sports 13MP primary camera and 5MP front facing camera.
2.OnePlus Mini 2
OnePlus is reportedly set to release a new smartphone named 'OnePlus 2 Mini,' which has already cleared TENAA. As it has been reported, the smartphone sports a 4.99-inch AMOLED (1920x1080p) display and is powered by a 2.0GHz octa-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 810) chipset along with 3GB RAM. OnePlus will offer users 16GB of internal storage. Additionally, the device can support microSD cards of up to 128GB.

Speaking of the camera, the smartphone sports a 13MP primary camera and an 8MP selfie camera. The Android-based OxygenOS device is 6.9mm thick and weighs 138g. OnePlus 2 Mini is expected to launch in the first quarter of 2016.
Samsung Galaxy J3
Samsung's new smartphone was announced in November 2015 and is expected to be released in January 2016. Samsung Galaxy J3 is an optional dual SIM phone that features a 5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display and is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core processor and 1.5GB RAM. The phone offers 8GB of internal storage and can hold microSD cards of up to 128GB.

Galaxy J3 runs Android Lollipop 5.1.1 and packs a 2,600mAh battery and is available in three colours: White, Black and Gold. The phone features 8MP primary camera along with LED flash and a 5MP secondary camera.
4.Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
This Xiaomi phablet is yet to launch in India, but once it does it is sure to give phones with high-end specs run for their money. Featuring a 5.5-inch 1080p display, Redmi Note 3 is powered by 2GHz MediaTek Helio X10 64-bit octa-core chipset.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is a dual SIM phone that comes in two variants: One with 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, and the other with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 also comes with a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP selfie camera. It also packs a 4,000mAh battery. The phone runs Android Lollipop-based MIUI 7.
Are you from the past? Except OP Mini 2, all others are already available.

deveshK

Right off the assembly line
hi guys,

i find this post very interesting and useful as it provide me all the necessary information to take care while buying any of the gadget, and i think it is important to take care of these things before buying can make it possible for you to get the best product.:)

Saaby

Broken In
i am going to buy new phone(previous owner of asus zenfone 2 4GB ram model), and looking at one+3(6GB 64GB).. the reviews are really good. Any possibility of price drops nearby?

abraham

Broken In
Hi Sam,

Writing this to seek your advice on buying a phone for my wife. She currently uses the LG Optimus L9 P765 ( which I bought based on your advice , some time back and which gave problem free service all this time ). Its been about 4 years now and time for an upgrade. So I come back to you for advice and suggestions.

What are your views on the Xiaomi Mi Max ? Consider the following facts:

1. A big screen is not a deterrent, but desirable, since she views a lot of xlsx and pptx files on her phone
2. She is not a one hand user
3. She parks her phone in her handbag

Would like to know whether I should buy a Mi Max for her, considering that it has Marshmallow.

I do not want Le2 since service is atrocious. Three ( yes, 3) of my friends bought the same based on the excellent reviews and all 3 of them had problems with the fingerprint scanner. One of them had the same corrected and received his phone only yesterday after 43 days. The other two are still waiting for the phones to be returned.

I do not want the Redmi Note 3 since it does not have Marshmallow out of the box and also because of the backside speakers.

So if not the Mi MAx , then the other alternative is Redmi Note 4, the launch time of which is not clear. Or is there any other alternative ? The budget is upto Rs. 15,000

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=135342]abraham[/MENTION] , create a new thread and fill these *forum.digit.in/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html
easier for other members to suggest you a good smartphone

abraham

Broken In
[MENTION=135342]abraham[/MENTION] , create a new thread and fill these *forum.digit.in/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html
easier for other members to suggest you a good smartphone

1. Budget? - Rs. 15,000
2. Display type and size? - IPS LED / AMOLED- Minimum 5.5 inches
3. Dual sim? - Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand?- No preferences. After Sales Service is the main concern
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? - With Flash. Decent front and back cameras ( though photography is not the main objective). Cameras should be decent enough
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).- Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).- 3G, 4G, VoLTE enabled. Wifi enabled
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? - Calls, reviewing spreadsheets/ powerpoint slides on the go. Browsing
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - Was considering the Mi Max for which am seeking advice from Sam
10. Any other info that you want to share - One handed operation NOT IMPORTANT. Phone would be carried in the hand bag

abraham

Broken In
[MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] - I have to concede to that point. Except for Samsung and LG I have heard horror stories about the After Sales Service of all other smartphone brands. In the case of Xiaomi the only saving grace ( on which I am counting on) is that the owner of their service center in Thane is a member of our housing society. He gives special consideration to members in our complex. So much so that if it takes a lot of time for a repair he gave out standby phones for the members to use. He even transferred all the data from the phone with complaint to the service phones and when the phone came after repair, he transferred back all the data.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
[MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] - I have to concede to that point. Except for Samsung and LG I have heard horror stories about the After Sales Service of all other smartphone brands. In the case of Xiaomi the only saving grace ( on which I am counting on) is that the owner of their service center in Thane is a member of our housing society. He gives special consideration to members in our complex. So much so that if it takes a lot of time for a repair he gave out standby phones for the members to use. He even transferred all the data from the phone with complaint to the service phones and when the phone came after repair, he transferred back all the data.

That's really a big favour.

Actually, I went to Xiaomi Service centre for getting my earphones exchanged. You can read my experience here - Xiaomi aftersale service woes - BinaryControl

abraham

Broken In
That's really a big favour.

Actually, I went to Xiaomi Service centre for getting my earphones exchanged. You can read my experience here - Xiaomi aftersale service woes - BinaryControl

Terrible !! And that too for a pair of headphones !! One could just imagine, what would have been the case if it was the handset. My friends who own different brands of smartphones, all of them talk about this sort of indifference...except for high end Samsung and LG owners. As mentioned in my initial post, Le 2 took 43 days to rectify a fingerprint scanner, leaving my friend high and dry without a phone.

Digit ( this forum) is a widely referred to forum comprising of many knowledgeable members. There's a lot of valuable advice and suggestions given on various smartphones available today, which makes it extremely useful and valuable, especially for members like me. (Sam's recommendations are too good and I have many times followed his advice and never had to regret). Am sure that most smartphone companies are monitoring this forum to gain market feedback on their products. Therefore my suggestion is that this forum should also collate and bring together users feedback ( good and bad) on their experience with various smartphone brands After Sales Service. In addition to being useful pointers for members and users who peruse the reviews herein, it would also name and shame smartphone manufactures and open their eyes to the existing reality. Just a suggestion !!!

Top Bottom