The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Re: Mobile Reference Guide: February 2012

One question, why isn't the original Motorola Defy listed? It's a good phone with superb dev support.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Changelog:
29-1-2012:
Added GPRS column to sub 2k mobile
Added weight column to all sections section
Added Nokia 100 to upto 2k section
Added Nokia X2-02 to 2-5k section
Added Samsung Ch@t 222 to 2-5k section
Added Xperia Active to 10-15k section
Added LG Optimus Sol to 15-20k section
Added BlackBerry Curve 9380 to 15-20k section
Added HTC Desire HD to 20-25k section
Transferred Nokia 500 from 10-15k to 5-10k
Transferred Nokia N8 from 20-25k section to 15-20k section
Removed Samsung Guru Dual 26
Removed Champ Duos
Removed C3011
Removed LG Optimus One
Removed Dell XCD35
Removed Motorola Defy
Removed BlackBerry Bold 9650
Removed Sony Ericsson Xperia arc

Reason: other than Ebay, out of stock everywhere. its a discontinued mobile now. so removed. more mobiles will get farewell in next month's edition and a new list might be added.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

A lot of new mobiles are being launched (some are already up & selling) in this month but as i am really busy with some work so will update the front chart next month.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent

can you please add one more column for price and update the price from Phonecurry or other indian site.. that will be very helpful

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

if there will be a pricelist (maybe by me or if someone else is interested) then it'll be a separate thread. adding pricelist will make this thread like some 100 page lost within a single day and i know the pain of updating prices so excluded them. price was there when i first made but before posting removed. this thread should be used just to quickly find the appropriate mobiles under a certain price and then hunt down the lowest price at online shops.

also prices fluctuate so much that i'll have to keep checking for prices every single day. for prices i suggest 91mobiles.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

UPDATED :grin: a few new entries, a bit of cleanup & finally camera section (for now just 3 mobiles).

time to work on March Special Edition ;-)

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent

Hey sam i m going to buy a new phone i m thinking samsung e2230 or nokia c1_02... Which one will be good and are you going to add any more phone for under 2k category.... and what option for upto 2.5k budget

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Htc explorer is 9.5k everywhere. That's a terrific price imo. Its my target now.:)

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Hey sam i m going to buy a new phone i m thinking samsung e2230 or nokia c1_02... Which one will be good and are you going to add any more phone for under 2k category.... and what option for upto 2.5k budget

i have already added the missing phones to under 2k category. Nokia C1-02 is discontinued so removed it. I doubt there will be any new sub 2k mobiles.

so go for 2230 (or 2232 dual sim).

Htc explorer is 9.5k everywhere. That's a terrific price imo. Its my target now.:)

yup. 9.5k is a terrific price for that little powerhouse. so when are you going to have it?

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent

come on i am waiting for March special thread... include more android phone please

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

working on something else (read a second guide). So March edition won't be anything new. What i have planned will take a lot of time to implement but i'll surely do it soon :)

aroraanant

Explorer
re: Mobile Reference Guide: May 2012

I was wondering where to post this news, so instead of creating a new thread I am posting it here only.
Desire HD available for 19k.
And Blackberry Playbook 16GB for 13.5k at saholic

aroraanant

Explorer

Oh I knew that but I forgot....he he he...
Anyways I m posting the same over there. :)

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent

hey how is that Huwaei, Beetel, HCL and ZTE phone, are they good in build quality and performance..

pramudit

Gaming hardcore

hcl- afaik ulit got no mobbile, only tablet...
zte- rebranded by spice micromax and idea.....
huawei- hard to find and almost nil service centre....

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

hey how is that Huwaei, Beetel, HCL and ZTE phone, are they good in build quality and performance..

Huawei has good presence in India so you can buy. Beetel = rebranded chinese crap. avoid. ZTE & HCL can't be found here.

if you are thinking of getting an Android mobile from any of these, i'll suggest better invest in some known brand as service center is pretty scare for both the Chinese giants.

Top Bottom