the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
That is okay, because of optimus switchable graphics. You have installed nVIDIA drivers right. Congrats on your laptop..:smile:

Arnab_rc

Right off the assembly line
hei all........i have a question for all you guys ....i want to buy a laptop and shortlisted this one.....i occasionally play games.. but love to play more if got that much gear under the lapy..... i love photography and so that i need that graphics card...( heard amd has problem with opengl thats why hp cuts out of my list.) now i am confused over sx 521v and Asus N55SF-S1209V...i know they are not in the same league.. but do you guys think for a fhd screen,7200rpm nd gt555 card i should spend 18000 rs(nearly 360$) more ..??... and 1 more question how is the build quality of this 521v lapy.... got some negative comment on net...thnx in advance guys....

sathya

@Alien - thanks for reply. yes, I have installed nVIDIA drivers.

@s18000rpm - yes I can see gt540 under device drivers.

I have installed win7-64bit - When I move tabs using cursor.. The tab edges getting blurred and all inside in it... Is this pixel issue - Is anything I need to do..

Boot time is little lagging(3-4 min) - when compared to this configuration.. - is there anything to optimize the performance.

kisame

King of Heroes
That is okay, because of optimus switchable graphics. You have installed nVIDIA drivers right. Congrats on your laptop..:smile:

Hello ALien.Your lappy has which touchpad synaptics or elantech?
I have asus k53sv-sx520d which has elantech touchpad but its driver software has no option for edge scrolling.Are u facing this problem?

prasathlr

Broken In
Whoa ALien!!

Even am from Mangalore! I also wanted to buy a laptop. Will most probably setlle for this one.
Where did you buy this and what is best deal you got??

DO reply Buddy :)

kisame

King of Heroes
@kisame
Elantech, and do as s18000rpm said...:smile:

Thanks for the reply but I was querying about single finger edge scrolling found in synaptics touchpad.Have u tried it?Two finger scrolling is allright but I miss Edge scrolling found on synaptics.

@Arnab dude the 18000 extra is totally justified by the FHD, 7200 HDD and Gt555, and the great speakers u get on N55SF....but u wont need any of these for graphics and photo editing work, nor for casual gaming....For hardcore gamers n55sf is definitely better, but the k53sv will get the job done, gt540 is capable enough...
On a personal note, I have a k53sv, and my friend has a n55sf, and after playing games on both laptops, I would say I think I got the better deal...

Prongs298

In the zone
yeah knight rider is right if you are not a really hardcore gamer who'd even appreciate the small (but nevertheless significant) increase in overall quality, you should go with k53sv.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
MY new Laptop Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D

Bought this laptop at kolkata chandni chowk from vedant computers for Rs 44000 got back pack free with it.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
Re: MY new Laptop Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D

ASUS has great build quality superb battery life more than 3 hours and u can play all latest games without any heat issues but they have poor after sales service but it is onsite service, so if any one is interested can go with asus laptops, i would say asus build quality is better that hp and dell and i mean it as i have used both the brands and the laptops are true value for money.

surya2141

How would you rate the keyboard, buddy?
On par with HP Pavilion ?

Bianca

I bought two Asus laptops in Oct/Dec 2010 and I absolutely LOVE them so far. Maybe I'll buy a new one in 2012 depending on what they release this year.

I love this brand.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER

I bought two Asus laptops in Oct/Dec 2010 and I absolutely LOVE them so far. Maybe I'll buy a new one in 2012 depending on what they release this year.

I love this brand.

YEAH you are right dude these laptops have great VFM and the best thing i like about asus is that these laptops do not have any heating issues plus asus great build quality even you can compare it with sony vio and dell xps at reasonable price.

How would you rate the keyboard, buddy?
On par with HP Pavilion ?

its on par with HP DV^ laptop and the best part about asus unlike HP that they dont have any heating issues, i have used both HP and Asus and i can tell you asus is a winner all the way. And Hp supplies all Chinese stuff i had dv6 laptop the hard disk is of fujitsoo i have never heard of that company had issues with motherboard heating up and all those stuff so that way i thik asus is a much better brand.

red dragon

Master troll
You have not heard of Fujitsu?
It is not a Chineese company.
Fujitsu is making laptops for a long time now.
It is one of the largest selling laptop brand in Japan and Korea.

Top Bottom