the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

kammu

Right off the assembly line
hi 18000 rpm,
Just wanted to know the display and sound quality of the laptop.Also tell the wifi quality.
Thanks

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
1. Display is fantastic, I thought migrating from FULL HD DELL (desktop) to 1366x768 would be painful, but it wasnt. :D
Clarity is superb.
2. Audio, Its Altec Lansing with BASS effect, but you need a quiet room to experience it. ;)
3. Touch pad is very good & responsive, right/left click button make noise just like that of a logitech mouse.
Touchpad comes with gestures feature.
4. WiFi - it doesnt come with its own switch, its turned ON/OFF thru Fn (Function) key (Fn+F2), its instant, signal strength is good (yet to test long range)

Buy it from local shop, coz this laptop went out of stock @ Flipkart.com on monday :(

deejay

@alien Congrats for u r new purchase :smile:.... BTW i also own the same machine ... and am pretty happy with it great build quality & the ice-cool technology works grt... but when the lap is pluged in for charging i notice the
aluminum panel kind of vibrates when rubbed by fingers:| but when it runs on battery it dosent vibrate..... do you have the same experience or is there a
problem with ma machine??? confused pls help me with it
thnks in advance

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
That rubbing is EARTHING effect :p

Asus provides USA spec power cable, which doesn't have earthing pin.
you can buy a power cable with that pin, just take your charger to a PC shop, and tell the shop keeper.

Early2020

Hi 18000rpm,

I'm seeing lots of complaints on Asus K53SV SX521D, If you see the same model on flip-kart there are lots of negative reviews recently came.

I talked to one guy in Asus sales in Bangalore, he says they don't have any demo piece to check the performance.

I'm little confused now with performance of Asus laptops, could you shed some light to me about the performance of the Asus laptops.

I also recently bought the ASUS K53SV SX521V (i7 2670QM, 8GB ram, 750 GB, 2GB GT540M, Win 7 Home Premium) from Chandni market in Kolkata...
I think it was quite a steal considering I only paid 45.8k for it, and got original win 7 too...
also to answer some of your questions, I am currently playing Modern Warfare 3 and Crysis 2 at 1366x768 resolution at moderately high settings and getting excellent fps. Also the laptop stays amazingly cool after playing games for a long time. However I am thinking of buying a cooling pad just to be on the safe side. :mrgreen:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I had serious issue with Optimus tech.
but it was due to the nvidia driver :p

performance wise, there are only positives i can tell.
build quality wise, i put this next to HP.
dell inspiron range are really cheap on quality side.

bot9011

Broken In
guys I have bought Asus K53sv Sx520D for 39.5k from a local dealer and I have got an Asus Backpack+ a keyboard and a mouse with it :)
And Guys , I want to know how high can GPU temperature go ? Cos I have installed Call of Duty Modern warfare2 on it and whenever I play that game, the GPU gets heated up easily and it crosses 75 degree C mark ! and if I quit playing , within a few seconds temperature falls and becomes normal !..is this common ?
My room mate has the same laptop and he has been playing mafia2 on it..even he's experiencing the same thing ..it sometimes reaches 80 degree C mark on his computer !
All I want to know is whether it's normal for the GPU to get that hot while playing games ? and is there any software out there which could warn me when the GPU temp crosses certain limit ?

ArchiNitesh

shud i go for this?

heya ppl. . im thinking of buying this laptop too. . k53sv-sx520d to be specific. . .so i need suggestions. . . .should i go for this lappy. . and some reasons why i should not go for dell inspiron15r instead

and how do i install windows 7 64bit on a DOS based laptop?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: shud i go for this?

and how do i install windows 7 64bit on a DOS based laptop?
Insert Windows 7 64bit DVD. Boot from it. Proceed with the installation. Partition and format the hard disk. Files will be copied and installation will get completed. Remove the DVD.

ArchiNitesh

Insert Windows 7 64bit DVD. Boot from it. Proceed with the installation. Partition and format the hard disk. Files will be copied and installation will get completed. Remove the DVD.

okay. doesnt sound too complicated. . bt i read on previous posts abt the drivers and all. . .so should i download all the drivers available on asus support(earlier they were not, now they are)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

okay. doesnt sound too complicated. . bt i read on previous posts abt the drivers and all. . .so should i download all the drivers available on asus support(earlier they were not, now they are)
yup, drivers from the Asus' website. :)

Otherwise if you know specific hardware details you can download from anywhere.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

you dont need to d/l asus drivers IF YOU INSTALL WINDOWS 7 64 BIT. coz the laptop comes with Asus 64bit drivers CD.

Really?? I didnt get one!! I bought the home premium version and there was no driver cd!!
But if you need drivers you can always check out this

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Notebooks- ASUS K53SV

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Really?? I didnt get one!! I bought the home premium version and there was no driver cd!!
But if you need drivers you can always check out this

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Notebooks- ASUS K53SV

:-|
why would you get driver cd when you already have them installed by default.(pre instalked windows)
:p

sathya

I just bought Asus K53SV SX521D for 46.5k at local shop in coimbatore.
really thanks to you all for detailed review. IM very excited..

Hi friends .. I need your help guys.. I have installed Win7 64bit and latest graphics card driver from Nvidia site.

But still I cant see my graphics driver on my laptop. Can you confirm this...

Start > run > type "dxdiag" without quotes > select yes > select "Run 64bit dxdiag" at left bottom screen > select graphics option ....."

I can only see Intel driver.

*img705.imageshack.us/img705/1592/67983964.jpg

GUYS WHY THIS HAPPENING..

Also, I cant find graphics adapter "under display option" in the below menu as well...

*img52.imageshack.us/img52/2665/displayd.jpg

Why this happening.. Is here anything IM missing..

Can any one run the following graphics benchmark software.. and share the result... I ran it and the graphics card shows only 32 MB... check and let me know guys....

Check THIS >>> *3dmark.com/3dm06/16332604

You can software from :*www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark06/download/

Top Bottom