the Asus K53SV - SX521V and SX521D thread

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
@ onlytanmoy

Thanks...:smile:

@ Cyanide

No, i haven't tried playing new games, but will do that soon. I'm a bit busy this month. Will post the results as soon as possible. When will you get your laptop??

bot9011

Broken In
@alien congratulations mate :)

mate could you please tell me from where you bought this laptop in Mangalore? is there an exclusive asus store in Mangalore? :)

kammu

Right off the assembly line
Hi Alien,
Congratulations for this laptop.I am also planning to buy this one.Please tell me few things regarding this laptop.

1 Audio quality.
2 Display.
3. Touchpad.

Also please tell any other issues you have faced, if any.

Cyanide

Broken In
Hey Alien

I've purchased i5 version of this model while other config is same (Graphic card etc).

How much memory is it showing under Screen Resolution - advance settings

also is the adapter name Intel HD 3000 or nvidia.

Please post the screenshot if possible

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
@All

Thanks..:smile:

@rider
It is a cooling pad(unbranded), got it for free.

@bot9011
Thanks. I bought it from Aditya Enterprises, near PVS. AFAIK there is no Asus exclusive store in Mangalore.

@kammu
Thanks. Audio and display are at par with the segment. Touchpad is nice, but the buttons are hard to click and make some noise.

@rahul2002
By sample, do you mean if i can record video playback using a camera and upload it?

@Cyanide
Congrats..:smile: How much did it cost and what all did you get?
Mine shows the same result. Here is the screenshot.

*i41.tinypic.com/o7q61h.jpg

I think it is due to nVIDIA Optimus, graphics card is used only when needed, not sure though. Anyone knows about this?

Cyanide

Broken In
38.5 k . not much goodies , a bag and a mouse :|

In my windows experience index it shows 4.7 for desktop performance on aero , its quite low.. :(

tried installing driver from the driver CD they provided. (win 7 ultimate - 64 bit )

Did you get 64bit version drivers or 86 bit version drivers in ur CD ?

did you update BIOS too ?

Also from where did you find the drivers ? Asus website ? Did you install all the drivers shown on asus download page ?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I'm buying an ASUS too, show us the bottom side of this laptop :D

want to see where the cpu hsf exhaust sits, hdd, ram...

btw, congrats to you both.

cyanide, i'm purchasing the same model as you, 37k at flipkart.:))

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
@Cyanide
My laptop didn't come with any discs. I created recovery discs using the AI recovery burner software provided. Then i downloaded windows 7 Home Premium iso from digital river and installed a clean copy of windows. Downloaded all drivers from Asus Support. I also did a windows update and installed nVIDIA drivers from here.

@s18000rpm
Sorry i don't want to unscrew the bottom lid of my laptop now, but here are some pics of the underside..:|

*i42.tinypic.com/1hqbdi.jpg

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
:D I meant these pictures only.
If you open the screws, you're laptop warranty will be void.

Thanks for the pics

Btw, remove and re edit the last two pictures. They are showing too much info.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Alien, I'm sorry to say it, but you've been robbed by the shop keeper. This laptop is available in far less price; both in street shops as well as in Online shops. My friend has purchased it at 46K all just before durga puja and it is available in Online stores @ Rs 47,638. Check here: Buy Asus K53SV-SX562D LAPTOP India, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Delhi @ Best Price

OP
Alien

Alien

Journeyman
@s18000rpm
Thanks for pointing that out. I thought you wanted to see the inside since you mentioned cpu, hdd and ram...:smile:

@Cilus
I checked the link you mentioned. There are some differences. My model is sx521v and not sx562d, the processor in mine is 2670qm and not 2630qm. Also the one you mentioned just has DOS. Mine came with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium.

Cyanide

Broken In
I've purchased the DOS model , so installed Ultimate 64bit. I've currently installed drivers from the driver disc asus provided.

What does it show in "ccleaner" , Intel HD graphics or nvidia ??

One more thing I noticed on screen i.e pixels. When I played BDRip , I saw that the video was pixelated .It appears fine my desktop.

Will call the Asus engineer tomorrow abt this and the aero rating issue.

Cilus

laborare est orare
@s18000rpm
Thanks for pointing that out. I thought you wanted to see the inside since you mentioned cpu, hdd and ram...:smile:

@Cilus
I checked the link you mentioned. There are some differences. My model is sx521v and not sx562d, the processor in mine is 2670qm and not 2630qm. Also the one you mentioned just has DOS. Mine came with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium. Although i feel i could have got it for cheaper, about 50,000 all inclusive. I was in a hurry and bought it in one go, to be frank i was going to buy another brand and ended up with Asus. But still i'm happy. No point in regretting about not bargaining, right?

You are right buddy, in fact it is my mistake that I didn't notice that your's one is having higher version of i7 CPU and OS installed. So really sorry for my annoying post in the 1st place.
Congrats and enjoy gaming, high end processing with your laptop.
Also Asus laptops do have very good build quality and high battery life and IMO they are better than laptops from other brand at the same price range.
A lot of my friends're using Asus laptop after my suggestion.

Top Bottom