The 2017 Forum Improvement Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

Lost in speed
Forum is ultra fast now. Thanks IT-Digit. :)
But avatar upload, still not working :(

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes, site's performing like before now.

Now, I can waste my office hours on TDF. :p :rolleyes:

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Part of the problem was DNS not updating fast across the world. At one point there were 2 IPs listed for forum.digit.in and it was trying the wrong one for 2/3 minutes before forwarding to the right one. Even after deleting the entry it stayed for a long time on some dns servers :-(

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Part of the problem was DNS not updating fast across the world. At one point there were 2 IPs listed for forum.digit.in and it was trying the wrong one for 2/3 minutes before forwarding to the right one. Even after deleting the entry it stayed for a long time on some dns servers :-(

Why sad? Looks like the issue have been fixed now!!! :)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Screenshot from 2016-02-03 16:01:52.jpg

Please fix this "false notification".

It always returns an empty page, and sometimes gives a notification every page.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Its the forum notification which browser now supports. Atleast Firefox now supports it. From the screenshot looks like Chrome also does now.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Can you confirm if this is happening with anyone else? I also have notifications enabled but I don't see this.

Screenshot from 2016-02-05 21:00:33.jpg

See the attachment, I always get this "1 New Thread Tags" notification. And let's say if I open usercp.php 10 times continuously, then it displays for 10 times. Happening ever since forum started supporting push notification.

Its the forum notification which browser now supports. Atleast Firefox now supports it. From the screenshot looks like Chrome also does now.

As far as I know Chrome always supported push notifications. In fact, I've heard the opposite of what you said.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Lol in the first screen you posted there was a popup of some type in the centre in black. I thought that was the notification you were talking about.

Seeing it on phone so didn't see the ones on top. Do they not work when you click them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom