Team Fortress 2

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
guys which is best soldier primary weapon acc to you?
I've always used Direct Hit. But it has considerably less damage radius. However, fast projectile speed is good for owning scouts.

"Best Primary Weapon" for any class in TF2 = nothing. Every weapon has some or the other tradeoff. The game is very well balanced. Something works for some people and something doesn't work for some people.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
doomgiver ok.

nipun nice. BTW enjoying santre ka dabba? :D

A lot! :D

Are there any indian TF2 servers ?

Mine.. But it can only handle upto 10-12 players :p
Add me on steam if you wanna play: nipunarora.

"Best Primary Weapon" for any class in TF2 = nothing. Every weapon has some or the other tradeoff. The game is very well balanced. Something works for some people and something doesn't work for some people.

:iagree:

I don't play much as soldier. Sniper, Spy, Engineer and Scout are my favorites :DBut when I play, I use blackbox or Cow Mangler

How is this spray? :D

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Pics/TF2/2012-03-18_00001.jpg

Piyush

Lanaya
every weapon has some pros and cons
making the basic weapons somewhat better
but after a particular time, when a player is accustomed to TF2 maps and techniques, he can own everyone with any weapon ;)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for reply guys.

I've always used Direct Hit. But it has considerably less damage radius. However, fast projectile speed is good for owning scouts.

i am trying out black box (its 25% off during try period) and i have The S something, forgot name (it is held at bottom centre of screen).
After that i will try Liberty Launcher.

Well i have to agree now with ur second statement.
Like my brass beast. It makes me slow and takes time to spin up. But when it spins up, others dont get time to run away :D
Fires four rounds at a time.

doomgiver

Warframe
^^
blackbox
-only 3 rockets
+gives some health
use when no medis on team, or you getting owned a lot

liberty launcher
-only 3 rockets
+fast rockets
use when you feel ur rockets dont hit ur opponent coz they are too slow, compromise between direct hit and default

direct hit
+very fast rockets
+minicrits on enemies who were blasted by your rocket
-very small blast radius
use when you know that you are 100% sure that you can hit your target. useless for spamming. can destroy a sentry gun in 3 shots and a heavy in 4 shots.

cowmangler
+5 shots
+can disable buildings
-slightly reduced damage vs players
-almost useless againt buildings
a very odd gun. use when there are no engis on the other team, or when you wont encounter any sentries. good as support soldier. i hardly use it

i prefer the stock by far.

and jas, a tomislav hvy can spin-up his gun and kill a brass beast hvy before the BB hvy has a chance to fire more than a few shots (assuming both had thier guns not spinning, and both started shooting at the same time)
thats why its so overpowered.

try using the tomislav, sandvich and the GRU. crazy effective.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I prefered using only Minigun with Heavy. yea, Tomislav makes no sound, but it fires slow.

doomgiver

Warframe
tomi is good for hit n run heavies.
try to get behind the enemy lines (like the sewer in 2fort) and ambush targets
if you get low on health, eat the sandvich.

harshatiyya

Broken In
minigun is best at most of the times. when a heavy vs heavy showdown takes place.. tomislav looses cuz of its slow spin time.

harshatiyya

Broken In
brass beast is good weapon when ur moving the cart(if u stand infront of the cart, it pushes u) otherwise for the slow movement speed when the gun is spinning, its not worth the +25% damage.

doomgiver

Warframe
also, i almost always use stock weps, unless the advantage is too great not to use a different wep.

scout : milkman set
shortstop/FAN (the default scatter is too damn slow, i prefer hit n run)
milk/bonk
fish/atomizer (atomizer is brilliant, your agility goes thru the roof!)

soldier
original(fun)/default/dh(for sentries)
shotty/buff banner for charges/gunboats when im feeling pro
equaliser

pyro
anything goes, depends on situation, but the manmelter is almost useless

demo
GL/loch n load (when im feeling pro :) )
scottish (im a fan of scottish, coz i usually cant use the default sticky)
custom painted objector or scottish handshake

hvy
tomigruvich or full stock

engi
depends

medic
overdose
medigun/kritz
ubersaw

sniper
depends

spy
revolver/enforcer (only with dead ringer)
default/kunai
default/DR

special cases :
pain train when capturing of a point is vital
i still go demoknight for fun, and ppl are like, wha.. thats so old, then i chop their heads off :twisted:
gunslinger + short circuit for pushing the kart
use sticky jumper to cross 2 fort bridge to snper balcony, and wreck them up.
only if we could equip sticky jumper+scottish resistance at once, it'd be awesome

items never to use
if you are the only medic on your team, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DONT USE THE QUICKFIX
wrangler+gunslinger=fail
frontier justice+wrangler+gunslinger=even bigger fail
shorcircuit+widowmaker=fail
sharpened volcano fragment, coz if you can get close enough to melee, you are close enough to puff n sting

minigun is best at most of the times. when a heavy vs heavy showdown takes place.. tomislav looses cuz of its slow spin time.

tomislav has the fastest spin speed, near instantaneous.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i was talking of The Original in previous post. its level 5 launcher and positioned at bottom center instead of corner.

and jas, a tomislav hvy can spin-up his gun and kill a brass beast hvy before the BB hvy has a chance to fire more than a few shots (assuming both had thier guns not spinning, and both started shooting at the same time)
thats why its so overpowered.

try using the tomislav, sandvich and the GRU. crazy effective.

problem is i dont have tomislav and dont want to buy one. brass beast is doing fine. in case of tomislav heavy i look for situation when someone else engages him first or i spin up my barrel first.

with brass beast i have killed numerous minigun heavies, face to face. barrel starting spinning at same time.

problem with brass beast is heavy becomes a snail if i keep it spun up and walk. so i try to spin it just behind wall or corner so as to show myself ready to shoot. :D
during pushing cart i stand in front of it with barrel spinning and let the cart push me :D

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
yesterday had lot of fun with harshatiyya. there was a practice server and match between 2 people only :))

i reached soldier milestone 2 and got Direct Hit :))

Top Bottom