TATA Sky to PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I am thinking of buying this
*www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/tv_tuner/overview.asp?lineid=6&pronameid=399
I am not sure if its available in Delhi or not but it has most features which I need & its vista compilable but i still need x64 driver to work else its no use to me.

am not sure what s18000rpm referring to...anyway i will better attach a scnshot later
edit:
..may be am wrong..is that composite video out???:confused:
Whats the difference between 2 of them??

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle
I want good quality recording as I am sound critical person same goes for video , do these card stretch the normal TV 4:3 ratio to fit or keep it as it is. My lcd 20 inch runs at 1680x1050 & last time I demoed 2 cards the guys could not stop the image from stretching.
How about CPU usage, since these are all software based recording, does it go too high?

I use compro video mate card..while doing mpeg-2 recording i notice 50-60% cpu usage..also have setting in compro software to set the display mode 16:9...although am on crt.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*img111.imageshack.us/img111/6344/dsc06543ng8.th.jpg *img356.imageshack.us/img356/7558/dsc06544pc2.th.jpg
see, no s-video :D

axxo

99.9% Idle
Whats the difference between 2 of them??

composite out/in is yellow in color, s-video in black (again not sure)
qualitywise i still have no idea to what extent the difference will be.

actually my software assumes composite as s-video so as this confusion

*img111.imageshack.us/img111/6344/dsc06543ng8.th.jpg *img356.imageshack.us/img356/7558/dsc06544pc2.th.jpg

so quick huh...sorry its composite then.my correction.

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I use compro video mate card..while doing mpeg-2 recording i notice 50-60% cpu usage..also have setting in compro software to set the display mode 16:9...although am on crt.
50-60% is quite high, what about the hdd activity, does that light up as long as its recording or does it have some kind of buffer space. The system wuld generate lot of heat though I have a good airflow cabinet, but just want to be sure before I go this route.

I have a good spec of my system & over that I would be on x64 bit OS that might help to reduce CPU effectively provided the driver /software supports x64bit.

Life is becoming too busy & I miss my programs badly.

I love this forum, your quick replies make me addictive of this forum.
Thanks for posting the images.

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle
50-60% is quite high, what about the hdd activity, does that light up as long as its recording or does it have some kind of buffer space. The system wuld generate lot of heat though I have a good airflow cabinet, but just want to be sure before I go this route.

I have a good spec of my system & over that I would be on x64 bit OS that might help to reduce CPU effectively provided the driver /software supports x64bit.

Life is becoming too busy & I miss my programs badly.

hdd activity is not much but noticable if you have hard look into it...afterall mpeg02 consumes 30mb per minute(approx)
cpu usage also depends upon the encoder you use, mpeg2 or divx or any other..

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
hdd activity is not much but noticable if you have hard look into it...afterall mpeg02 consumes 30mb per minute(approx)
cpu usage also depends upon the encoder you use, mpeg2 or divx or any other..
In that case I should look for divX capable card so it eats up less space on hdd & less cpu.

axxo

99.9% Idle
In that case I should look for divX capable card so it eats up less space on hdd & less cpu.

divx encoding is best if you not gonna edit afterwards,i.e once the capture process gets done. I meant if you want to edit and process the captured video(for removing ads, add your own logos,etc) then mpeg-2 would be the better option.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Oh is that the case?
Cant we edit divX, is there too much loss of quality?
I surely would edit those programs which I want to keep achieved.
IN my case at leasat 70-80% of programs will be edited rest will be just seen once & discarded.

2 good threads which I have been reading on TV tuner card, hope other members may need this info too.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81410&highlight=tv+tuner+card

another one
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52339&highlight=tv+tuner+kworld

Last edited:

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Hey Friends I Read All The Things

I Have DishTV. So Can I Record TV Programs From DishTV Through TV Tuner Card?

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I guess so, if you have the same pins in ur STB as posted in the images then it should work with dishTV also.
Best to ask your dealer & tell that if it doesn't work then he is going to take it back, else ask for pre-sales support from the company which u r buying the tuner card.

axxo

99.9% Idle
Oh is that the case?
Cant we edit divX, is there too much loss of quality?
I surely would edit those programs which I want to keep achieved.
IN my case at leasat 70-80% of programs will be edited rest will be just seen once & discarded.

yes indeed you can edit divx vids but not recommended...the advantage of mpeg editing is that you can remove portions of captured video without re-encoding, bcoz mpeg editiors allow copy of frames(smart rendering) whereas avi don't (atleast as of now) try this software to know what I meant. very useful if you want to remove only ads. The software retains the same video quality as it was when captured, after ad removal. The resultant video can then be compressed to divx or any format using virtualdub or software of your choice.
I guess so, if you have the same pins in ur STB as posted in the images then it should work with dishTV also.
Best to ask your dealer & tell that if it doesn't work then he is going to take it back, else ask for pre-sales support from the company which u r buying the tuner card.
The person who comes for installation would not accept PC for installation. He knows only to configure the setup for TV. Not sure about the dealer. In my case the technical person who came for installation denied my offer to install tatasky on pc.

Can I view Tatasky on my Media Center PC with hauppuage Tv tuner card
MCE requires TV tuner card support..nothing to do with tatasky/dishtv digicomp. check with MCE supported tv tuner cards-list.

saurabhpatel

Journeyman
I have MCE supported TV Tuner card and used to view TV on the MCE PC when I had the local cable connection but I am not able to connect TATA SKY to my PC. Can anyone guide me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom