TATA Sky to PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
You can't do this by just recording using tv tuner card as the signals are encrypted. Don't know if possible using any software

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
It works. U'll just need to connect using the video out and the left/right channels from the STB to the tv tuner card and set the video source as 'composite' in ur tv tuner software.

Carnage13

Right off the assembly line
you can simply capture channels using tv tunner card by connecting av code or by rf code.only one channel at a time.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Can anyone confirm that they have done recording with tatasky, does it work, does it record stereo sound.
I want to buy tuner card to record music shows.

paraman

Journeyman
I have recorded numerous episodes of Friends using my Pinnacle Tv tuner and my TataSky connection. You just connect the STB to the tuner using the regular cable instead of the composite cable. Tune the tuner to channel 68 and record! Whats the big deal?

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the confirmation, is it the external box or the internal card, does it record stereo sound left /right channel?

axxo

99.9% Idle
yes you can capture live tv shows from tatasky. I have recorded many shows and still doing it. All you require is an analog TV tuner card..even a cheap intex card will do the job. Stereo sound? not sure. you may get a mixed output of left and right channel because of single line in socket.

praka123

left this forum longback
I have tried a pinnacle pctv 50i analog tuner with SUN DTH and Linux. you have to get a S-video cable and connect between STB and tuner card.get the left and right audio o/p from STB and give it to the tuner/onboard audio line-in .you may need a cable with single pinn in order to plug into onboard or tuner audio input.

next fire up the software which you use to record.select S-video i/p and line-in audio.thats it!.

PS: I dont know whether dishtv or tata sky got s-video and stereo audio o/p :D for SUN DTH only!

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
yes you can capture live tv shows from tatasky. I have recorded many shows and still doing it. All you require is an analog TV tuner card..even a cheap intex card will do the job. Stereo sound? not sure. you may get a mixed output of left and right channel because of single line in socket.

I want good quality recording as I am sound critical person same goes for video , do these card stretch the normal TV 4:3 ratio to fit or keep it as it is. My lcd 20 inch runs at 1680x1050 & last time I demoed 2 cards the guys could not stop the image from stretching.
How about CPU usage, since these are all software based recording, does it go too high?

axxo

99.9% Idle
I'm using a custom audio cable, a 2 pin out to 1 pin in cable for audio. If you use the audio cable that comes with tatasky you will be getting mono audio.
No source personal exp..:)

axxo

99.9% Idle
am not sure what s18000rpm referring to...anyway i will better attach a scnshot later

edit:
..may be am wrong..is that composite video out???:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom