Tab Effects - A COOL NEW 3D TABS TRANSITION EFFECT ON FIREFOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

shankar_ganesh

Journeyman
Tab Effect is a Firefox extension that provides transitional effect (similar to Xgl) when switching the tabs (Check the screenshot below). It’s a cool idea and could open the door for the development of more 3D effects in the browser. This is version 1.0 and it was released yesterday. It’s a work in progress and It still has some bugs to be fixed. The comments left so far in the extension page will give you an idea of what to face when you install it. I hope the extension developer will fix those bugs soon.
*arun-prabha.com/wdpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/WindowsLiveWriter/TabEffectsXglkindaeffectforFirefoxtabs_7E76/image%7B0%7D_thumb1.png
(The cube effect shown above is within the Firefox browser, not any OS transitional effects).

rajasekharan

Youngling
Super cool :). . How on the earth did they do it ???. All these comes at the cost of resource . . So not complaining there :).

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
I didnt like it coz its makes browsing slower...also its nt as efficient and eye catching as the flip 3D of vista...

kumarmohit

Technomancer
It makes switching between tabs a very bit slower considerin that cube rotates and new page takes position is a bit more time than conventional switching. But its not a resource hog @ all.

goobimama

 Macboy
wtf. No cube effects for me. Using firefox 2.0.0.2 (the latest version). Screw it, I can live without it I guess...

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ I guess its some kind of graphic instruction built into DirectX 8. Something like how MIDIs are of such small sizes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom