Swans M10 vs Logitech Z623

Here are all the technical specifications of Swans M200A. I am also attaching a random pic. *www.hivi.us/UploadFiles/main/Images/2015/12/20151203224459.jpg

System Type: Two-way 4th order vented speaker system

Drivers Configuration: 5.25" woofer, 0.8" tweeter

Frequency Range: 56Hz-20kHz

Distortion: 80Hz-20kHz ≤1%(85dB/1m)

Filter: Passive crossover filter

Rated Power: 35W RMS/Channel, 70W RMS/ Dual Channel

Crossover frequency: 1.7kHz

Bass Adjust: ±3dB

Treble Adjust: ±3dB

Signal-to-Noise: >85dB

Input sensitivity: 650mV

Input impedance: 22kΩ

Bluetooth: Ver4.0+EDR

Dimension (W×H×D): 192×230×350mm

Net Weight: 13.5kg

Finish: wood/black matte finish

There's a pre-GST sale on ALL products listed at proaudiohome.com (official distributor for Swans, Hifiman). Good chance to grab M10 at 10% discounted price. Code: MONSOON10

Just received this email from them:

FLAT 10% Off At proaudiohome.com
Dear Music Lover,

Proaudiohome is happy to announce a flat 10% discount on all products.

We hope that this exclusive offer will make your Monsoon more Musical....:)

Use Code MONSOON10 at checkout and get 10% off on each and every audio product at Proaudiohome.com, be it headphones, speakers, home theaters, amplifiers and so on.

You can redeem the code as many times as you want, until 12 PM JUNE 30th.

This is the last chance to buy your favorite audio gear before GST takes effect and prices go up. Happy Listening! :)

----------------------------------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-------------------------------------------------------

I logged onto proaudiohome.com website and there is no banner notifying visitors about the sale. Looks like the offer was made available only through newsletter to subscribers.

However, I added a random earphone to the cart and applied coupon code and it worked.

So seems legit :)

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ok so I am very much interested in buying Z623 but I didn't find the 8K price range anywhere over internet. The cheapest is on Amazon which is 10K and on official site they have mentioned the price as 16.5K. Can we trust Amazon has the original product??
Could anyone provide a legit link? Also, I can get them locally in Chennai if I can get for cheaper rate.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

avanildutta

Journeyman
Ok so I am very much interested in buying Z623 but I didn't find the 8K price range anywhere over internet. The cheapest is on Amazon which is 10K and on official site they have mentioned the price as 16.5K. Can we trust Amazon has the original product??
Could anyone provide a legit link? Also, I can get them locally in Chennai if I can get for cheaper rate.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Dont know any other places but i got mine from amazon 6-7 months back for 6.4k lightening deal.. Those are genuine stuff mostly depends on seller. Mine was cloudtail i think.. Yes its box price is 16k.. Seems the price have jumped a lot.. Btw got my system rmaed last month & got a new piece..

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

madzeus

Broken In
Hello all, can a SWANS M10 user check the loudness of speakers since i am almost placing the order just a final query
From what i have read:- Typically, speakers range from 85-92 db measured at 1 meter with 1 watt applied.
Can any SWAN m10 owner get sound measurement in db using app like sound meter (link HERE)

for a point of reference for the volume:

10db = normal breathing
60db = normal conversation
110db = shouting in ear, power saw, car horn
120db = rock concert, jet plane at ramp, ambulance siren

Also if anyone would comment on how do these (SWANS M10) fare for movies?will be using them via HDMI and audio out i dont want Z263 level boom, but for a 100-120 sq feet room how is it?

shreeux

Movie Buff
Hello all, can a SWANS M10 user check the loudness of speakers since i am almost placing the order just a final query
From what i have read:- Typically, speakers range from 85-92 db measured at 1 meter with 1 watt applied.
Can any SWAN m10 owner get sound measurement in db using app like sound meter (link HERE)

for a point of reference for the volume:

10db = normal breathing
60db = normal conversation
110db = shouting in ear, power saw, car horn
120db = rock concert, jet plane at ramp, ambulance siren

Also if anyone would comment on how do these (SWANS M10) fare for movies?will be using them via HDMI and audio out i dont want Z263 level boom, but for a 100-120 sq feet room how is it?

Check this thread..................Swans D1010MKII vs Swans M10

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Recently bought Z623 for 10K from Amazon, couldn't wait for some sale or lightning deal. I was so restless after I returned my E10C headsets back. I can comfirm, bass is more. Definitely for the bass heads. But since I have very very very less experience in sounds and speakers, I find them very pleasing. Watching movies and playing games now feels better as I was using Laptop's speakers until now. I have turn down my Bass less than 50 to get it to my liking, thats all.

madzeus

Broken In
@TheSloth : hi, did you consider SWANS M10 or it was a straight choice for logitech? how's the set? Its windows shaking bass is quite popular, can you address a few questions?I know that the audio experience might vary from person to person.. but do you feel that the dialogues could be clearer? vocals need improvement? If at all, though am positive you must be rocking your sets for music movies and games all around. Congrats on the purchase.Keep us posted.

shreeux

Movie Buff
You may review and Demo of Harman Kardon Soundsticks III 2.1 also....More members referred this speaker.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@TheSloth : hi, did you consider SWANS M10 or it was a straight choice for logitech? how's the set? Its windows shaking bass is quite popular, can you address a few questions?I know that the audio experience might vary from person to person.. but do you feel that the dialogues could be clearer? vocals need improvement? If at all, though am positive you must be rocking your sets for music movies and games all around. Congrats on the purchase.Keep us posted.

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes I can confirm bass is more. With right tracks I am sure full bass power will come out.
Dialogues are clear to me. I am able to understand dialogues without subtitles. If by vocals you mean lyricssung in songs, then that is also clear. I cannot tell if it can be more clearer as I have not heard any other speakers in this range. So you might want to check other speakers out if possible , Swans and Harmann(if that's the right name, don't remember exactly) are the contenders, but latter is costly too.
And 10k for Z623 does shoot this over budget for me as I am not a bass head and expect more balanced sound. 10k for 2.1 speakers , I expected slightly more. I am 90% satisfied with my purchase though.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
One more reason of choosing Logitech was warranty paranoia. You see I am always worried about warranty, do not know how is the Swans ASS . Last reason, I had no time to research on this, so I just went ahead with the brand I was familiar with. I know it's sounds like I just went for Samsung smartphone cause I know about it, even though Samsung is has one of the worst mobile and pricing for their mid range segment . But I did read few threads here where Logitech was suggested for Movies and Games on TV/PC and Swans for PC as we sit near the setup, and has better sound quality at that distance.
Do post about your purchase experience too. Good luck.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes I can confirm bass is more. With right tracks I am sure full bass power will come out.
Dialogues are clear to me. I am able to understand dialogues without subtitles. If by vocals you mean lyricssung in songs, then that is also clear. I cannot tell if it can be more clearer as I have not heard any other speakers in this range. So you might want to check other speakers out if possible , Swans and Harmann(if that's the right name, don't remember exactly) are the contenders, but latter is costly too.
And 10k for Z623 does shoot this over budget for me as I am not a bass head and expect more balanced sound. 10k for 2.1 speakers , I expected slightly more. I am 90% satisfied with my purchase though.

You mean when Bass is a full volume...Will you hear the voice is clearly?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
You mean bass and volume both are turned to right extreme? If yes then I will post about it tomorrow night after listening carefully.
So far I am keeping the base around 40% , to my liking.

shreeux

Movie Buff
You mean bass and volume both are turned to right extreme? If yes then I will post about it tomorrow night after listening carefully.
So far I am keeping the base around 40% , to my liking.

You may test with clockwise like 3-6-9-12 all position...Let's see...

Me to chose before Z623 only later jumped to buy SwanM200KII for PC...Now like, buy for 2.1 setups for my TV.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
OK, So I would like to apologize first for replying so late, I was really busy all this time. Late nights were not the time test the speakers at full volume.

Finally, I tested the Logitech Z623, as suggested in above post by shreeux. This was done on Kygo Mix tracks only.

The voice was really clear at mid volume and bass, needless to say. Then I turned up the bass and volume on 3(pm). At this point I could feel the bass in my chest, on mattress (I keep mattress and speaker both on floor). The vocals were still clear, and I didn't feel like bass was too much or overlapping other kind of tunes or sounds of instruments.

At full volume and Bass, the songs were still good to hear. But we cannot watch movies at full bass as even a small thud might cover up the dialog, or talks while BGM is playing in that particular scene (but that depends in the room you are using these speakers, am I right??).

I do watch series and movies, though I didn't test high volumes during this, I can tell the speakers does sound really good , when tuned properly(not much needed), does give a mini theater feeling. Also, I would let you all know that I bought these speakers only for movies and games, not for songs. I have already mentioned that i keep bass below 50% and volume depending on the mood, I like watching movies and listening to songs now :D

At no point i felt the the speakers were producing distorted sounds. I played the tracks through MotoG5+ first and heard distorted sound and immediately switched to laptop for the source, so no problem there. Also, these all depends on the audio quality played on these speakers.

That's all. Thanks for reading :)

shreeux

Movie Buff
OK, So I would like to apologize first for replying so late, I was really busy all this time. Late nights were not the time test the speakers at full volume.

Finally, I tested the Logitech Z623, as suggested in above post by shreeux. This was done on Kygo Mix tracks only.

The voice was really clear at mid volume and bass, needless to say. Then I turned up the bass and volume on 3(pm). At this point I could feel the bass in my chest, on mattress (I keep mattress and speaker both on floor). The vocals were still clear, and I didn't feel like bass was too much or overlapping other kind of tunes or sounds of instruments.

At full volume and Bass, the songs were still good to hear. But we cannot watch movies at full bass as even a small thud might cover up the dialog, or talks while BGM is playing in that particular scene (but that depends in the room you are using these speakers, am I right??).

I do watch series and movies, though I didn't test high volumes during this, I can tell the speakers does sound really good , when tuned properly(not much needed), does give a mini theater feeling. Also, I would let you all know that I bought these speakers only for movies and games, not for songs. I have already mentioned that i keep bass below 50% and volume depending on the mood, I like watching movies and listening to songs now :D

At no point i felt the the speakers were producing distorted sounds. I played the tracks through MotoG5+ first and heard distorted sound and immediately switched to laptop for the source, so no problem there. Also, these all depends on the audio quality played on these speakers.

That's all. Thanks for reading :)

Thanks for the reply and spending valuable time ....:thumbs:

Your detailed review good...

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
I am use for my desktop only....My Motherboard was Intel Desktop Board DP45SG its outdated, that's why asking its fit for quality sound.
That's a socket 775 board and has intel HD audio iirc. You should be fine for the speaker budget that you're aiming for without the need for DAC.

shreeux

Movie Buff
That's a socket 775 board and has intel HD audio iirc. You should be fine for the speaker budget that you're aiming for without the need for DAC.

What is "iirc"?

Already bought 2.0 setup (SwanM200KII) for PC
Now looking for 2.1 setup for TV

Top Bottom