Surge Protector

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

Which is the best vfm surge protector? If it comes with a single socket for a single appliance at a time then cool, I will buy multiple of them. In my area, especially in summers the voltage keeps on increasing and decreasing. Last night also it increased at once, almost all electrical items got fried.

Thanks

hotshot05

I luv Digit
I think you need a voltage stabilizer. Surge protectors protect from spikes that come during thunderstorms.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

hotshot05

I luv Digit
Can you please share a link for the same? Also will I be able to use it with one device at a time?

@bssunilreddy Brother need your advice here.
Just google Voltage stabilizer vs Surge Protector. I got the below link from search result.

Difference b/w Monster Surge Protector & V-Guard Voltage Stabilizer for LCD TVs

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Belkin Essential Series 6-Socket Surge Protector from amazon.in @ 1.3k

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks. Will check the same. Is it helpful during low voltage too?

Get a VGuard voltage stabilizer for whatever instruments you need to protect.
Just google Voltage stabilizer vs Surge Protector. I got the below link from search result.

Difference b/w Monster Surge Protector & V-Guard Voltage Stabilizer for LCD TVs

We live in a rented place. Voltage stabilizer will need wiring done with the mains I guess+new wires might be needed to be installed which we cannot do as the owner might not agree with this. So, I was planning of something like a surge protector which we can use to protect our devices.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Voltage stabilizers are of different types.What you are talking about(mains wiring & such) are those that are heavy duty models for AC etc or for entire house supply.There are also simple standalone ones like those for TV,Fridge etc that are simple plug & connect.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
We use vguard. It is just like a computer UPS. No separate wiring required. Plug in the stabilizer into the socket, and then use the sockets in stablizer to connect your TV, Fridge etc

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Voltage stabilizers are of different types.What you are talking about(mains wiring & such) are those that are heavy duty models for AC etc or for entire house supply.There are also simple standalone ones like those for TV,Fridge etc that are simple plug & connect.
We use vguard. It is just like a computer UPS. No separate wiring required. Plug in the stabilizer into the socket, and then use the sockets in stablizer to connect your TV, Fridge etc

Any link for the specific model to which you are referring to? My fridge, tv etc. are in separate rooms. Also there is way too much distance between appliances if they are in a same room. Can we use an extension cable also? Do they come in smaller sizes? I mean 1 small VS for one product.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
you don't need surge protector , but voltage stabilizer for whole house .. first check how much minimum and maximum voltage you are getting , .. and then decide what range stabiliser your house will need.. call an electrician or this

AFAIK installing volatage stabilizer will not require installing heavy wiring seperately .. it will be fitted between mains line coming from your meter and starting point of your house wiring..

voltage stabilizer will maintain your voltage between 200-230 volts always or whatever range it has.. whether you get high voltage or low voltage as long as it is within input range

this is much better long term choice , will cover your whole house .. otherwise you can install separate small stabilisers for tv , fridge , PC etc ..

Last edited:

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Vguard is the brand name. I don't think they sell it online. As for model no. talk your offline store guy. They will recommend which model to use, for which appliance.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
you don't need surge protector , but voltage stabilizer for whole house .. first check how much minimum and maximum voltage you are getting , .. and then decide what range stabiliser your house will need.. call an electrician or this

AFAIK installing volatage stabilizer will not require installing heavy wiring seperately .. it will be fitted between mains line coming from your meter and starting point of your house wiring..

voltage stabilizer will maintain your voltage between 200-230 volts always or whatever range it has.. whether you get high voltage or low voltage as long as it is within input range

this is much better long term choice , will cover your whole house .. otherwise you can install separate small stabilisers for tv , fridge , PC etc ..

Can't do that dear. We live on rent so not my decision. Any make or model of the small stabilizers?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Vguard is the brand name. I don't think they sell it online. As for model no. talk your offline store guy. They will recommend which model to use, for which appliance.
I am not looking to buy online, will buy offline after deciding the make here as the shopkeeper will sell the one in which he has more margin not the one which is beneficial for me. But here you guys will recommend the one which is vfm.
Voltage Stabilizers for home appliances

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was talking about standalone voltage stabilizers used in homes a few years back but now-a-days most people with their own homes prefer inverters/mains connected voltage stabilizers for entire house.I still see such standalone stabilizers on some shops(but usually local brands).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I was talking about standalone voltage stabilizers used in homes a few years back but now-a-days most people with their own homes prefer inverters/mains connected voltage stabilizers for entire house.I still see such standalone stabilizers on some shops(but usually local brands).

Any model for the bold part?

Top Bottom