Suggestions on Washing powder/liquid detergent for Top Loading Washing Machine LG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I guys I have been using my LG Washing machine for almost two years now. I read somewhere that liquid detergent work good for washing machine so I used Genteel Liquid for washing my clothes and I was quite happy with the results. However the company has discontinued the product. In between I had tried washing powders meant for Top Loading Washing Machines like Surf etc but wasn't happy with the results.

I'm sure there are many folks out here who use washing machine can you kindly suggest me a good brand of Washing powder or preferably Liquid that can be used with top loading washing machine.

Some of the powder varieties which I have heard of are
1. Ariel
2. Surf Excel
3. Rin Matic

Liquid versions
1. Tide(Imported)
2. Genteel

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Come on guys I'm sure there are many folks on this forum who use Washing Machine for their wash. Sure some of you can share your experiences.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
@Raccoon Where did you buy this from?
Ordered Online or bought it from local supermarket? If so which one? Can you provide me the details?

Upgrade the machine with a quad-core processor. The machine then will be able to handle all of the data in any detergent.

A better alternative to this would be getting a girl to do all of this.

WoW That was a great suggestion! But is that practical Sir!

I'm not interested in getting the work done by others to save on time etc my main intention is to have the clothes washed clean and effective manner.

Not sure how getting it washed from a girl will serve my purpose.

Raccoon

Journeyman
^^^Well, I got it from a friend's friend who deals in Amway products. Got some discount too. You won't find Amway products in shops/supermarkets. Since it seems you do not know anyone who deals in Amway products, you could try ordering from Amway.in (no personal experience in buying from there).

Raccoon

Journeyman
Its quite good and keeps clothes soft. However cleaning power is prolly not as good as Ariel. Worst amongst those tried is Genteel Washmatic (liquid). Not worth using even for free.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Its quite good and keeps clothes soft. However cleaning power is prolly not as good as Ariel. Worst amongst those tried is Genteel Washmatic (liquid). Not worth using even for free.

Surprisingly I found Genteel really good. What are the other things you tried?
I have not tried ariel powder yet.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
i have an lg direct drive front loading machine, LG F1256NDP to be precise

one thing about front loading machines i have learnt is that never use any ordinary wash powder or a powder meant for a top loading machine

initially i did use normal surf excel and while washing curtains/or cloth with high polyester mix the foam began to come out from door and wet the whole damn floor
front loader spin the clothes more hence producing more foam which can damage the machine in the long run.
powers meant for front loader are specially formulated to avoid the generation of excessive foam.

since then have been using surf excel matic (for front loading machines) and have been happy with it
havent used liquid ones so no idea about that but what i have read is that liquid ones should be used as fabric softners and added in the middle compartment.

Last edited:
OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Actually in India the liquid detergents used in Washing Machines are not so popular. The only brands I can remember are Genteel and Amway. But I read somewhere that liquid detergent are better than the powder ones.

I have an LG Top Loading Washing Machine which has slots to put washing powder and softener. It would have been great if they had made a slot in such a way that apart from powder even liquid detergent could be used. I guess the makers mainly took into factor that mostly in India people use washing powder than liquid for washing machine as well.

havent used liquid ones so no idea about that but what i have read is that liquid ones should be used as fabric softners and added in the middle compartment.

There is no hard and fast rule that liquid one's should be used as softener and needs to be put in the separate compartment.

As mentioned here most of the washing machines that I have seen are designed to have a compartment to put Washing powder and another for Softener. Most of the Softeners come in liquid form hence they are supposed to be put in the separate compartment.

However there are some liquid detergents which work both as softener and for washing. In these cases we can put them in the compartment in which we put the powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom