Suggestion needed for 32 inch and 24 Inch TV..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not sure about this but some shops might not even be running HD channels on demo TVs via HDMI.You can watch HD channels on a HD TV via STB even without connecting via HDMI but then the quality will not be HD but whatever the lower resolution connecting cable was capable of.To really test HD TV channels one must use HDMI set top box & connect using HDMI port.

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
I am not sure about this but some shops might not even be running HD channels on demo TVs via HDMI.You can watch HD channels on a HD TV via STB even without connecting via HDMI but then the quality will not be HD but whatever the lower resolution connecting cable was capable of.To really test HD TV channels one must use HDMI set top box & connect using HDMI port.

Yes. I'm aware of that.. Reliance digital used traditional input while TMC used HDMI .But there isn't much difference when seen from a certain distance. 24 inch TV's are so lame. Except for the power wattage,CRT seems much better than 24 inch LED.

Do we need stabilizer for this TV's or it comes with safety power protection?

Is 43 inch not enough for UHD ? I have noticed no difference between 43 inch Full HD and UHD ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
UHD TVs can not be fully utilized(at least not in India) unless you plan on downloading large size UHD video files which again are not that common compared to HD videos.Upscaling a 1080p HD video to UHD requires quite a bit of processing power so most cheap UHD TVs won't be any better than HD TVs while watching HD content anyway.It is better to go for a HD TV with good picture quality than a UHD TV with mediocre picture quality at HD resolutions(even if it has better picture quality at UHD resolutions).

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
UHD TVs can not be fully utilized(at least not in India) unless you plan on downloading large size UHD video files which again are not that common compared to HD videos.Upscaling a 1080p HD video to UHD requires quite a bit of processing power so most cheap UHD TVs won't be any better than HD TVs while watching HD content anyway.It is better to go for a HD TV with good picture quality than a UHD TV with mediocre picture quality at HD resolutions(even if it has better picture quality at UHD resolutions).

Alright !

Talking of full HD,there is one in Sony,which is W652E is same as R422E with having Full HD and Internet TV to watch videos via streaming(not fully smart,which i don't really need). TV channels picture quality is same in both TV's.
Samsung have better sharing features but it lacks in sound and screen panel...

W652E(MRP 38900) - 35 +4k extended warranty = 39k (Sony gives 2.5k for extended warranty but their TV pricing makes it even with stores )
R422E (MRP 30900) - 27 +4k Extended warranty = 31k

Hardly they can give discount of 1k more if bargain.So, the price difference is 8k. Is it worth to go for full HD considering playing Full HD movies via USB ? Do 720p TV play 1080p content?

How much do you think to have price to go for full HD ?

Sony R42E LED HDR TV with built-in Subwoofer

Sony W67E | LED | Full HD | High Dynamic Range (HDR) | Smart TV | Built-in subwoofer

Minion

Conversation Architect
Alright !

Talking of full HD,there is one in Sony,which is W652E is same as R422E with having Full HD and Internet TV to watch videos via streaming(not fully smart,which i don't really need). TV channels picture quality is same in both TV's.
Samsung have better sharing features but it lacks in sound and screen panel...

W652E(MRP 38900) - 35 +4k extended warranty = 39k (Sony gives 2.5k for extended warranty but their TV pricing makes it even with stores )
R422E (MRP 30900) - 27 +4k Extended warranty = 31k

Hardly they can give discount of 1k more if bargain.So, the price difference is 8k. Is it worth to go for full HD considering playing Full HD movies via USB ? Do 720p TV play 1080p content?

How much do you think to have price to go for full HD ?

Sony R42E LED HDR TV with built-in Subwoofer

Sony W67E | LED | Full HD | High Dynamic Range (HDR) | Smart TV | Built-in subwoofer

Don't buy extended warranty just use a good stabilizer you will be fine my suggestion get Sony W67E for 32 incher and Samsung 32K4000 for less budget

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I say it is better to get 720p with extended warranty than 1080p with 1 year warranty(assuming good stabilizer in both cases).720p TV can play 1080p content by downscaling instead of upscaling the 1080p content.Still I would say try to get 1080p as far as possible.Have you checked 32" 1080p monitors,they are priced lower & will work as TV simply by connecting them to a pair of speakers & set top box via hdmi?8k is not that much of a big amount if you are investing in a TV for 4-5 years.

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
Don't buy extended warranty just use a good stabilizer you will be fine my suggestion get Sony W67E for 32 incher and Samsung 32K4000 for less budget

Samsung 4 series have poor picture quality when seen from angled. And it also have single layer screen which seems to be very delicate. And also sound is not as good as Sony,its loud just like LG but it lacks sound clarity.. But Samsung do have some connectivity features that Sony don't have and it also 2-3k cheaper than Sony. In the End,all we need is TV Features more than mobile mobile features.. Samsung 5 series are good but have higher price than Sony.

If picture and sound matters no brand beats Sony, that's what i noticed after checking all TV's.

One of the Sony Demo TV i have seen gave low sound output than another size of same model. We don't actually know its always the power that causes the damage. It might also be the manufacturing issue . Its safe to get Extended warranty..

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
I say it is better to get 720p with extended warranty than 1080p with 1 year warranty(assuming good stabilizer in both cases).720p TV can play 1080p content by downscaling instead of upscaling the 1080p content.Still I would say try to get 1080p as far as possible.Have you checked 32" 1080p monitors,they are priced lower & will work as TV simply by connecting them to a pair of speakers & set top box via hdmi?8k is not that much of a big amount if you are investing in a TV for 4-5 years.

Alright ! I will go and visit the store again and will try to bargain. Can you mention some of the 32 inch Monitors ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amazon.in: Buy LG 32MN58H 80 cm (31.5-inch) Full-HD IPS Monitor Online at Low Prices in India | LG Reviews & Ratings
Check its reviews on amazon.Though it is IPS panel,still see for yourself if it can match the picture quality of Sony.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Samsung 4 series have poor picture quality when seen from angled. And it also have single layer screen which seems to be very delicate. And also sound is not as good as Sony,its loud just like LG but it lacks sound clarity.. But Samsung do have some connectivity features that Sony don't have and it also 2-3k cheaper than Sony. In the End,all we need is TV Features more than mobile mobile features.. Samsung 5 series are good but have higher price than Sony.

If picture and sound matters no brand beats Sony, that's what i noticed after checking all TV's.

One of the Sony Demo TV i have seen gave low sound output than another size of same model. We don't actually know its always the power that causes the damage. It might also be the manufacturing issue . Its safe to get Extended warranty..

I am using a Samsung 32EH4800 for 5 yrs didn't faced any issue till date also when installing tv install in level of your eye and no one watches tvs from sides

well its your wish to opt for extended warranty but it is waste most of the time
But read this before you spend on them
Should you shell out for an extended warranty? We ask an expert

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
extended warranty is super important when it comes to tv's .. just research a bit more .. TV's are being made slimmer and slimmer day by day and quality deteriorating , and they get real hot inside.. They are engineered in such a way not to last long ..

Average HDTV Today Made to Last Only a Few Years

the problem is why extended warranty super important for TV ? because of the repairing Costs .. if your Panel goes bad , which is what most of the times major problem.. your Tv is over ... Panels are not repairable , the panel replacement cost that can easily go upto 70- 80 % cost of whole TV .. so this is why there is no big repair market for TV's .. average life of Tv is only 3-5 years ... that means a lot of units will also die before 3 years , and you might easily be one of them..

if your laptop,mobile,computer goes bad .. you can get it repaired easily ,by changing the part etc .. and it will also not cost you such a big amount compared to total cost of laptop,mobile, ..( ofcourse not including official service centre repair charges )

Just read The reviews on mouthshut , hifivision forum etc and you will find even big brands like Sony , Samsung TV's dying in their second or third year ..
and not just cheap TV's , even expensive TV's costing 50k-60k+

Samsung TV dead in under 2 years-Beware

if you don't want to go extended warranty just buy imported TV's then you can get samsung , sony tv's for half the price ..

Last edited:
OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
I am using a Samsung 32EH4800 for 5 yrs didn't faced any issue till date also when installing tv install in level of your eye and no one watches tvs from sides

well its your wish to opt for extended warranty but it is waste most of the time
But read this before you spend on them
Should you shell out for an extended warranty? We ask an expert

There is a Thread which i saw while searching on google and what he says is,his TV screen gives vertical lines right after 1 year 1 month use and unfortunately warranty period is over i.e 1 year and the replacement cost is 15k + service charges for panel for 32inch TV. The risk is too high.. Never Trust Electronics.

The stores are having high ext warranty price which is 4k and some 4.2k for 32 inch.. But what Sony customer support says is we can opt for extended warranty at any Sony centres even after purchasing TV. So its best to buy the TV whereever is cheaper and get the extended warranty done at Sony Centre for 2.5k. That's what i'm planning to do.But Sony centres are far from my place but i had to..

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
extended warranty is super important when it comes to tv's .. just research a bit more .. TV's are being made slimmer and slimmer day by day and quality deteriorating , and they get real hot inside.. They are engineered in such a way not to last long ..

Average HDTV Today Made to Last Only a Few Years

the problem is why extended warranty super important for TV ? because of the repairing Costs .. if your Panel goes bad , which is what most of the times major problem.. your Tv is over ... Panels are not repairable , the panel replacement cost that can easily go upto 70- 80 % cost of whole TV .. so this is why there is no big repair market for TV's .. average life of Tv is only 3-5 years ... that means a lot of units will also die before 3 years , and you might easily be one of them..

if your laptop,mobile,computer goes bad .. you can get it repaired easily ,by changing the part etc .. and it will also not cost you such a big amount compared to total cost of laptop,mobile, ..( ofcourse not including official service centre repair charges )

Just read The reviews on mouthshut , hifivision forum etc and you will find even big brands like Sony , Samsung TV's dying in their second or third year ..
and not just cheap TV's , even expensive TV's costing 50k-60k+

Samsung TV dead in under 2 years-Beware

if you don't want to go extended warranty just buy imported TV's then you can get samsung , sony tv's for half the price ..

Yes ! Extended warranty is always the safe option..

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
The key being "most of the time". Nobody knows if you will be included in that "most of the time".

These TV's have Adaptors like monitors which indeed protect from power fluctuations.But a Stabilizer is a Stabilizer.

Anyway, I'm finally going for Sony R422E HD as the TV is only for watching channels and its stays in bedroom.. I have bigger plans for UHD later this year.

Thank you everyone for helping me out..

Peace !

Minion

Conversation Architect
The key being "most of the time". Nobody knows if you will be included in that "most of the time".

Read their TC too
This Extended Warranty shall not apply in cases of damages caused to the product by accident, lightning, ingress of water, fire or Acts of God, improper ventilation, accidental dropping or excessive shock or any external cause beyond Sony’s control. This Extended Warranty shall not affect consumer’s statutory rights under applicable Indian Laws.
link
BRAVIA Extended Warranty Packs

Read 10 and 9

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is a standard for almost all general insurance policies & if you see threads on hifivision,most of the issues developed on TVs simply mounted on the wall.Btw you also missed this:
This Extended Warranty shall not affect consumer’s statutory rights under applicable Indian Laws.
The above is the reason why Sony or any company can not simply deny warranty by citing frivolous reasons.It has to be something solid like visible physical external impact,very high extensive internal circuitry damage possible only by lightening strike & not just a malfunctioned single IC/circuit,visible damage by water to circuits etc.

Top Bottom