Steam

Darth Vader

In the zone
Yes, but newer game prices, post March 2017 may be affected.

Right now Nier Automa and Ghost Recon Wildlands, both reflect the new pricing.

If you look at every Ubisoft game released before March 2017, those prices remained the same, but the March release, Ghost Recon Wildlands has seen a pretty substantial increase.

This is just the beginning.

LOL....Ghost Recon Wildlands & For Honor are outrageously priced to reflect their greedy minds not 15% VAT and this is only going to encourage Grey market sales. :)

Kaltrops

In the zone
LOL....Ghost Recon Wildlands & For Honor are outrageously priced to reflect their greedy minds not 15% VAT and this is only going to encourage Grey market sales. :)
Well, that's obvious because the difference between Rs 1799 and Rs 3499 is clearly more than 15%...

The point is - like you say - greedy publishers will look to this as an excuse to raise their pricing to bring it closer to other countries.

Don't even get me started on Rockstar's greed; GTA V is still going for the full $59.99, after all this time.

gameranand

Living to Play
Do you even know how to have a mature discussion, child?

India may have introduced these laws in Dec, but Steam's tax did not come into effect until March 1st 2017 along with 9 other countries.

Steam are paying more tax in ten countries, but it will be up to publishers to increase prices | PCGames
would you please for the love of God stop your BS. I repeated many times that these Taxes were implemented long before now and that someone was soaking up these taxes. And now you are saying that Steam's tax didn't come to effect before 1 March. Isn't that obvious, because they announced that ? What I said before is that taxes were implemented and someone was soaking it. Please read the post you are replying to before writing anything. Its a good habit actually, certainly you have a bad one of just ramming the keyboard whenever you get the chance. :)

mod edit:no use of racist words(even if it is not Indian)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaltrops

In the zone
would you please for the love of God stop your BS. I repeated many times that these Taxes were implemented long before now and that someone was soaking up these taxes. And now you are saying that Steam's tax didn't come to effect before 1 March. Isn't that obvious, because they announced that ? What I said before is that taxes were implemented and someone was soaking it. Please read the post you are replying to before writing anything. Its a god habit actually, certainly you have a bad one of just ramming the keyboard whenever you get the chance. :)
Jeez, calm down. Why are you being so rude? I don't understand. There's a better, dignified, more mature and respectful way of getting your points across. There's always a better way.

All you've proved is that you are incapable of holding a civil tongue. You are incapable of having a mature discussion. And by using a racial slur, you've proved you are also a racist.

You have serious issues. Get help. You are not worth my time anymore.

P.S - Your post is extremely ironic.

Last edited by a moderator:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^ I guess you have the power to reverse the process. Do it if you like. I don't have any problems with that. :D
Maybe even I have the power to reverse, still might have been struck out for a reason.

So need confirmation from others as well.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Kaltrops

In the zone
So I contacted Steam about the VAT issue for my peace of mind, and they started charging VAT at the end of February and have not been absorbing it before then.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170325/ffcb8b3054a5d173f3a013352b4da054.jpg

So essentially, as per all of the articles online, March 1st was accurate.

gameranand

Living to Play
That was not VAT per se. So yeah Steam support is right. :D
And its possible that Publishers were absorbing it, many still are as we have not seen games change prices after 28 Feb per se.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
India has about 1 million Steam accounts now according to SteamSpy.
India - Country Stats - SteamSpy - All the data and stats about Steam game

Pasapa

Live to die another day
India has about 1 million Steam accounts now according to SteamSpy.
India - Country Stats - SteamSpy - All the data and stats about Steam game
Believable, rainbow six siege is very popular among Indian gamers for some reason.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Which Borderlands 2 dlc packs to get in next steam sale? GOTY pack or vault hunter packs or any other.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Which Borderlands 2 dlc packs to get in next steam sale? GOTY pack or vault hunter packs or any other.

All skins are useless, cosmetic items. Vault hunter packs increase your maximum level I think. That's about it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Killing Machine

You can buy Borderlands 2 GOTY + UVHUP2 + Headhunter DLCs 1-5.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom