Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

Krow

Crowman
Win-win situation: I keep using words like "Batsuichi", and put a legend at the bottom explaining what it means and what I'm using it for.

I'm only saying that based on what we know, the PS4 isn't a "must buy" yet. Maybe thanks to E3 that will change.

I have problem calling x1 whatever is the convention right now because it reminds me too much of Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam. And my opinion on the Batsuichi is that as of now it is a "don't buy" unless E3 can change it.

I'm only stating my opinion here and nobody has been forced to agree with it :) I think I have that much freedom in this forum.

Don't rely on IGN. Look at some other reviewers like Polygon and Eurogamer. You should also check out Youtube reviewers like Angry Joe.

Now I'm not saying that The Last of Us is a bad game. I haven't played it so I can't comment on that. But I can comment on what reviewers can or can't be trusted. Check Metacritic too for a comprehensive list of reviewers.

Usually it is the smaller unpaid ones that are not biased.

*www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1fuez8/so_i_have_been_watching_my_cousin_play_the_last/

If this thread is to be believed, then Naughty Dog has misled consumers on at least one count.

Batsuichi refers to the act of divorce, not the divorcee. Batsuichi is apt here because:

1. The new xbox is called Xbox one.
2. Batsu is represented by a cross in the Japanese language and so can subsitute the box's X. And ichi means "one"
3. The new xbox, based on the information available, figuratively divorces itself "once" from the gamer. No longer is it a gaming console- it's a home entertainment device that also fails to live up to it's name.

If Japanese or other foreign language words get banned here, some of the off-topic community threads will be badly affected. And surely you realize that a very large number of English words are actually loaned or derived from other languages (including but not limited to French, Latin, Greek, and even Japanese). You would not be able to use terms like de facto, de jure etc because they're not English.

Besides, many games from Japan don't have English names in their English releases (Ni No Kuni, Tekken etc). You sure you want to live with that?

You'll go to any lengths to justify your annoying habits. Things will be much better here if you try to be accommodating. Don't be thick just for the sake of being thick. Such behavior is common with stubborn kids, kindly keep your eccentricities out of your posts.

I do not care what your reasons are, and I do not have the patience to keep reading the legend (which I've never seen) that you claim is at the end of your posts. Go to Japanese forums should you choose to continue posting in Japanese. Don't annoy everyone for no reason, learn to cooperate. Thanks.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
If Japanese or other foreign language words get banned here, some of the off-topic community threads will be badly affected. And surely you realize that a very large number of English words are actually loaned or derived from other languages (including but not limited to French, Latin, Greek, and even Japanese). You would not be able to use terms like de facto, de jure etc because they're not English.

Besides, many games from Japan don't have English names in their English releases (Ni No Kuni, Tekken etc). You sure you want to live with that?

@offtopic:

Those words have not been loaned, but have now been accepted into the language of english as english. i have never heard the term batsuichi being used in an english sentence.

proper nouns like tekken will always be pronounced as tekken. Batsuichi is not a proper noun. Have you heard of antrix? its spelt the same way everywhere, because it is a proper noun and not an english word.

unusual as it is, i agree with krow... you go to extreme lengths to defend your statements.. even to the point of stupidity.

日本語で入力していけ ( dont type in japanese )

*dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/de-facto_1

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@offtopic:

Those words have not been loaned, but have now been accepted into the language of english as english. i have never heard the term batsuichi being used in an english sentence.

proper nouns like tekken will always be pronounced as tekken. Batsuichi is not a proper noun. Have you heard of antrix? its spelt the same way everywhere, because it is a proper noun and not an english word.

unusual as it is, i agree with krow... you go to extreme lengths to defend your statements.. even to the point of stupidity.

日本語で入力していけ ( dont type in japanese )

de facto adjectiveadverb - definition in British English Dictionary & Thesaurus - Cambridge Dictionary Online

Erm loan words are those words that have been accepted from one language into another language. They're not "temporary" until suitable words are found :|

You'll go to any lengths to justify your annoying habits. Things will be much better here if you try to be accommodating. Don't be thick just for the sake of being thick. Such behavior is common with stubborn kids, kindly keep your eccentricities out of your posts.

I do not care what your reasons are, and I do not have the patience to keep reading the legend (which I've never seen) that you claim is at the end of your posts. Go to Japanese forums should you choose to continue posting in Japanese. Don't annoy everyone for no reason, learn to cooperate. Thanks.

Look, I never claimed that I put a legend at the end of my post. I said I was willing to do that :|

@Both of you: I'm not going to extreme lengths to defend my point. I only stated what is true for me. Just because you both (and everyone else) finds it fine doesn't necessarily mean I also find it fine.

I won't call it batsuichi if you don't want me to, but that doesn't make my reason for calling it batsuichi invalid. I've already switched to X1 since then in case you didn't notice.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I hope they announce a new Jak & Daxter game for PS4
For all the PS noob kids who bought their ps3's in late 2011,Jak & Daxter is what made ND famous before "Cinematic Male-Lara Croft game" which is known as Uncharted

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Official countdown for Playstation 4 design reveal at E3

Here's the countdown guys.........:))

"The PS4 has GDDR5 advantages": Developer statements on the power of PS4 and Xbox One

The PlayStation 4 could be as restricted as the Xbox One

Sony showcasing 40+ games at E3

Wowwwww.....now that's a number. Sony is pretty serious and confident with their decisions.
They weren't bluffing when they said their consoles are developers best friends. The sheer number of games speaks this in more volumes than mere words.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Sony showcasing 40+ games at E3

Wowwwww.....now that's a number. Sony is pretty serious and confident with their decisions.
They weren't bluffing when they said their consoles are developers best friends. The sheer number of games speaks this in more volumes than mere words.

Last article is multiplatform, multipublisher and some games are also cross-platform, not playstation exclusive. What would be interesting is the count of the unannounced PS4 and Vita titles that get revealed in E3. A significant surge in this number is what will show whether the PS4 and Vita are indeed the best friends of developers.

Sony's count is not necessarily that impressive. Nintendo is showing around 30-40 games across 2 platforms against sony showing ~40 games across 3 platforms.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I'm a vista bi-tch, totally love the grand landscapes, even more if its sci fi (Prometheus :D ). And Shadowfall has nailed them.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I'm a vista bi-tch, totally love the grand landscapes, even more if its sci fi (Prometheus :D ). And Shadowfall has nailed them.

I loved Prometheus' environment. I love it, but not the heavily civilized cities, I hate them.

Lonely, dark, gloomy, creepy and scary is my mug of tea. (STALKER, Metro)

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
New warning from santa monica

Could it be a new GOW???? Or a new IP!!!!!

Rumor: New info about Destiny of Spirits – PS4 exclusive by From Software

Hah, another new IP from Sony. They surely have planned some good exclusives. Hopefully, this game will turn out to be good. :)

PlayStation Employee 'Blown Away By Something Being Shown at E3'

Now this is exciting. It has to be seen if Sony is successful in pulling off its promised feats and really live up to all the hype.

PS4 Has 48 Announced Games So Far With Tons Of Third-Party Launch Titles

Its a long list......

Gollum

Collector
Namco Bandai are to launch their free to play Tekken on PSN for PS3 on the 11th June. Same day as E3.
I'm so downloading this on my PS3.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Brace up for E3

Official PlayStation website - PlayStation at E3 2013

11th June 6:30 am IST

You're late mate. :)) [post #25]

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consoles/...iscussion-trolls-will-banned.html#post1920503

Btw, all eyes will be on the physical avatar of PS4. Question is will it look like a boring box like Xbox -one or will sport curves.:wub: :))

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
*contentz.mkt3456.com/ra/2013/39028/06/41685271/html_images_c_2.gif

*contentz.mkt3456.com/ra/2013/39028/06/41685271/html_images_c_3.gif

*contentz.mkt3456.com/ra/2013/39028/06/41685271/html_images_chrome_logo-ps4.gif

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I guess PC gamers are here in PS4 exclusive thread to feel jealous about everything that's discussed here :p

BTW, I am a hardcore pc gamer, but joined the league of console a month ago :p

We are Dwarves of Erebor. "A once mighty people brought low". Nice reference, eh? :p

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Sony’s Biggest E3 Announcements Ever

Chronicles of Sony's biggest past E3 announcements. According to Sony, E3 2013 is going to surpass all of that.

Jonathon Blow: The Witness Uses 5GB RAM,

This one comes from the creator of the critically acclaimed game, "Braid". Looks like indie titles are also going to raise some bars starting with this.

Top Bottom