SLI Motherboard for FX 8320

Status
Not open for further replies.

kartikoli

Busy!!
Plan changed after looking at different scenario's and considering the fact that its not worth spending too much money on old gen cards and motherboard (more power consumption/driver support for new games etc...) so finally decided to go with either 2 cards (2*1060) or buy single 1070 now and get another one when price settles down so please suggest a motherboard to pair FX 8320. I have seen few boards but have been away from hardware stuff for an year so its better to get advice from the Pros :)

Eagerly waiting for suggestions
P.S. Going to local market today so I can look at few boards and if price difference is minimal then I can buy them straight :)

Thanks everyone for there input, Much appreciated :)

--------------- Gave up Old Plan -----------------------------
I am using Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 with FX 8320 and now I am looking to pair another 780Ti with existing card so I have to part ways with this motherboard which have served me without any error. So please suggest any good model also I would prefer Gigabyte because they have been rock sold for me.

I won't OC but if things go as planned then I might buy total 3 cards (gtx 970)

I have 2 options - buy a motherboard with 2 pci express slot for crossfire or buy motherboard with 3 slots so if in near future I go for 3*970 cards.

Second option is not something I am highly motivated but if prize is right I would go for it :)

I will upgrade next year to Ryzen when RAM prices settle a bit so this motherboard is for max 1 year

Last edited:
OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Why are you looking to buy 3 970s?
A friend offered me an exchange for his 970 with my 780Ti but that might take time and I am planning to go for 2*970 and sell my 780Ti, but if my friend gives me good deal then I will grab his 970 as well which means I will have 3*970s so though why not try something I never tried lol 3 cards :D

but anyways thats not something I am really looking so most probably I will sell one 970 and stick with 2 cards I guess those cards will have performance of 480/580 which I was planning to purchase and its almost impossible to buy them now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
A friend offered me an exchange for his 970 with my 780Ti but that might take time and I am planning to go for 2*970 and sell my 780Ti, but if my friend gives me good deal then I will grab his 970 as well which means I will have 3*970s so though why not try something I never tried lol 3 cards :D

but anyways thats not something I am really looking so most probably I will sell one 970 and stick with 2 cards I guess those cards will have performance of 480/580 which I was planning to purchase and its almost impossible to buy them now.
Why not get a single GTX 1060 6GB or even 1070 instead? Multi GPU scaling doesn't works at all time.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Why not get a single GTX 1060 6GB or even 1070 instead? Multi GPU scaling doesn't works at all time.
The original plan was to get 2 RX480/580 in 50k range but since the price have gone up and they are hardly available so decided to wait for Vega and in the mean time spend say 15k more and get another 780/970 and upgrade later.

I'll have performance of 1070 by spending less money and in the mean time I'll keep looking at the prizes of AMD cards.

Lets hope for the Game sake these gpu prizes normalize :(

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Asus AMD M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Amazon.in: Buying Choices: Asus AMD M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Motherboard
Thanks bro but I just changed my mind and now going for lot simpler solution :) First post updated can you please suggest accordingly when you get time
Cheers

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are still planning for SLI and keep on using the FX 8350 then Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 motherboard is the one you should go for.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
If you are still planning for SLI and keep on using the FX 8350 then Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 motherboard is the one you should go for.
Yes but I will use only 2 cards now, this one is out of budget because I will surely upgrade to ryzen as soon as RAM prices go down. This is the only reason stopping me to upgrade at this time. I have 16gb ddr3 and same RAM will cost me 10k if I upgrade to ddr4 right now and I was planning 32gb that's a lot of money :(

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You can't use 1060s in SLI.

Using 1070s in sli is will cost you around 65-70k which is the same as buying a GTX 1080 Ti. Unless you are planning to play at 4k60 ultra settings, anything above a single GTX 1070 would be a waste of your money.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
You can't use 1060s in SLI.

Using 1070s in sli is will cost you around 65-70k which is the same as buying a GTX 1080 Ti. Unless you are planning to play at 4k60 ultra settings, anything above a single GTX 1070 would be a waste of your money.
Omg I didn't realize that we can't use 1060 in sli so it's better to stick with single 1070 and buy any decent sli board and wait for rx580's to come in stock at correct price.
Sorry getting impatient because I got only Sunday to enjoy some games and I just tested sniper elite 4 on my 780ti and this game looks awesome

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

EDIT: Closing this thread, I have decided to upgrade my full config AMD Ryzen build

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom