Skylake based gaming rig

ssb1551

Technomancer
Hi Digitians,

This is my first Intel build with Zotac GTX 1060 AMP. I will upgrade to 1070 by the end of this year or start of the next. Also will upgrade to a better PSU - got the crappy CX series now. Didnt know it was worse than CS series :shocked:. Anyways here goes the pics (BTW not sure how to paste the imgur links so if it is not the correct way please do suggest ) :

i5 6500 Build - Album on Imgu

2 HyperX DDR4 16GB 2133MHz, Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB, 1 Seagate 2TB, 1 LG ODD.

Still confused about a better PSU. Still doing research. Hopefully I will come to a conclusion by the end of September.

- - - Updated - - -

Also using an APC BE800 UPS for back up. Also info about the case and cooler which might help someone who plan to buy. The cooler seems big for the Cabinet Cooler Master K380 but it will fit with almost 5mm distance between the Cabinet cover and the cooler. So one shouldn't worry about cooler pressing against the wall of the cabinet. But I would suggest not to use Cooler Master Hyper 212x. Installing the cooler was a friggin B***H. All thanks to Gollum I was able to install it properly. I would rather suggest to go for Hyper TX3 or Hyper 103 or better yet Noctua.

Last edited:
OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Thanks :). Oh Yeah I forgot about that. I will have to update my signature. I still have the old CPU in the other rig. I updated the previous rig. Will create another thread for that.

Hrishi

Congrats! Btw, [MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION] is your roommate, ? I have seen him posting the build pics earlier in whatsapp.. :chinscratch:

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

vikrant1982

Broken In
Still confused about a better PSU. Still doing research. Hopefully I will come to a conclusion by the end of September.

Get a Seasonic PSU from Overclockers Zone - High Performance....Overclocke. They are the official distributors in India. Get the S12II or M12II if you are on a strict budget. M12II is modular. If you can, it would be better to go with S12G. If you want strictly haswell ready PSU go with M12II 750 or above, 520 and 620 are not haswell ready. Or you can go with S12G, semi modular but all haswell ready.

Top Bottom