Samsung Kies to connect to the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
Has anyone tried connecting Samsung Kies to connect to the Internet using the Tethering option via data cable ?

pauldmps

Banned
For Windows dialup:

Open device manager -> expand modems -> Right-click Samsung Mobile USB Modem -> select properties -> click Advanced -> paste this in the Extra initialization commands box

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET"

(Replace TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET with the access point of your network in case it is not Tata Docomo)

Click-OK -> Create a dialup connection using control panel -> put phone number as *99# -> leave username & password blank & connect. In case this does not work, put your mobile no. in both username & password boxes.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Attached screenshot shows an error message.

Please help.

For Windows dialup:

Open device manager -> expand modems -> Right-click Samsung Mobile USB Modem -> select properties -> click Advanced -> paste this in the Extra initialization commands box

(Replace TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET with the access point of your network in case it is not Tata Docomo)

Click-OK -> Create a dialup connection using control panel -> put phone number as *99# -> leave username & password blank & connect. In case this does not work, put your mobile no. in both username & password boxes.

pauldmps

Banned
Are you using the right access point ? Which network are you on ? Also did you try putting your mobile no. in both username & password fields ?

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
1. I've entered this

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","BSNL.DATAONE.INTERNET"

2. I don't understand what you meant by network. If it's the internet connection, then BSNL Dataone Broadband

3. I tried it with *99# first, it didn't work and then entered mobile number in username and password. It shows that error.

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
You are totally confusing me. Internet from mobile is not called Broadband. It is called GPRS (or 3G).

And it seems that your access point is wrong.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, he can name it anything he wants. Only thing which matters is that he has the right device linked to the connection.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
You are totally confusing me. Internet from mobile is not called Broadband. It is called GPRS (or 3G).

And it seems that your access point is wrong.

Oh ok, I am connecting the broadband from Landline. Please tell me what the access point should be ?

pauldmps

Banned
Oh ok, I am connecting the broadband from Landline. Please tell me what the access point should be ?

OMFG!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Then what is the use of discussing about Samsung Kies ? It is meant for mobile phones & GPRS connection.

And Broadband connection does not require Access point.

Do you have a Broadband modem with you ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, please tell me how. :)
I haven't used my mobile as a modem ever in Windows.

Connect your fone and I hope the phone modem drivers are installed. Go to My Network places. Then create a new connection ---> Connect to Internet ---> Dial-up connection ---> choose the device i.e. the fone modem ---> Telephone number has been mentioned above.

I think this should do it.

pauldmps

Banned
@ico

Read his earlier posts. Once he says that he is connecting his phone & once he says that he is connecting his landline. What exactly is he doing ATM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom