RIG Setup i7 3770K - help reqd

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
in bios audio says enabled
cant hear any audio in bios as well btw..
diagdx says no audio decive
device manager doesnt show realtek audio..under sound..just shows some audio codec etc etc.. but without any red/yellow exclamations..

had bought mobo online.. shud i contact for replacement? how does it work.. :(

or is there anything tht i have missed in the connections and setup..

Well one last thing, check if you plugged speakers in correct port.
Let other Members suggest some more ideas

no local shops????:-(

Why local if cheaper on9 ??

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Any 32 bit OS cannot support more than ~2.5 GB ram or so...

32bit OS supports upto 3.5+GB (less than 3.75GB) of RAM.
it will share some memory if there is no graphics card installed...

D6bmg, the price of the Ram OP has selected is perfectly fine, in fact lower than most of the places. It is a 2133 MHz Module, not the common 1600 MHz one.

@Cilus can you please explain me one thing, if I've a processor of 1066 MHz FSB only, then what's the benefit of higher bandwidth RAM (i.e. 1600 MHz).
It will downclock automatically..!!
Please hit the spoiler below.
Thanks.

Cilus

laborare est orare
FSB is a wrong term to use, Ram Speed or Data Rate is the correct one. FSB used to be the interface between the CPU and Motherboard Northbirdge Chipset where all controllers (PCI-E, Memory Controller etc) used to be located. Currently no Intel use FSB concept.

Regarding the higher speed Ram, tell me one thing, you have a unlocked processor of 3.4 GHz, then how will run it at 4 GHz? Simple by overclocking it. Just like that, for running higher speed Ram, you need to overclock the Memory Controller present inside the CPU. You will find those options inside the BIOS. In fact EFI BIOS comes with all the possible Ram speed listed in a DropDown Menu. All you need to select the value from the DropDown and the CPU controller will be adjusted automatically.

OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
Ok guys everything resolved.. Upgraded to win 8 overnight and sound seems to work now.. Had to be some driver issue but despite installing all versions it just didn't work in win xp. Never mind.

Two last glitches - ram in windows shows 8 gb but in brackets shows - 3.19gb usable. Please help

Also win 8 upgrade that I downloaded is also a 32-bit... Is it because xp was 32 bit. Looks like 2k down the drain... Can I contact Microsoft to give me 64bit win 8?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
you should have asked the forum before buying/installing OS. 32Bit OS does not support more than 3.5GB ram.

If you have a legit DVD of Win8, than both 32 and 64bit OS should be there. you have reinstall OS, go for a clean install.
if not, then download the 64bit OS from microsoft servers and use the serial you have.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
ya u should contact them and mention ur purchase details and ur problem....

(also try to install 64 bit one with the key u have)

OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
you should have asked the forum before buying/installing OS. 32Bit OS does not support more than 3.5GB ram.

If you have a legit DVD of Win8, than both 32 and 64bit OS should be there. you have reinstall OS, go for a clean install.
if not, then download the 64bit OS from microsoft servers and use the serial you have.

Don't have a DVD. downloaded last night over internet..
any microsoft url from where i can download 64-bit os. i have a legit key..

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
well we can't post link to download the windows from other sites except Microsoft (they are considered piracy...)

so your best bet would be to google ur 64 bit win8 untouched dvd download...

OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
ok.. i seem to have resolved the issue...the usb flash drive getting created.. will install and confirm if it worked..

now - help me with this - the inbuilt audio controller is not tht great :(
i thought initially that i may live with it for my requirement.. however doesnt seem so..

please suggest a decent vfm sound card compatible with my config..

i7-3770K, 8GB RAM, intel 240GB 520 series ssd, Windows 8 Pro

thanks..

PS: my requirements are videos - youtube, DVD movies.. little bit of video editing thts it

OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
ok.. i seem to have resolved the issue...the usb flash drive getting created.. will install and confirm if it worked..

now - help me with this - the inbuilt audio controller is not tht great :(
i thought initially that i may live with it for my requirement.. however doesnt seem so..

please suggest a decent vfm sound card compatible with my config..

i7-3770K, 8GB RAM, intel 240GB 520 series ssd, Windows 8 Pro

thanks..

PS: my requirements are videos - youtube, DVD movies.. little bit of video editing thts it

ok...guys it worked.. i am on Win 8 64-bit now. RAM shows fine in OS, audio is working.. though not impressed with it..
thanks for the option hitman4! any others?

also i bought cooler master hyper 212 evo. havnt installed tht yet.. and don't think i would be needing it..
anybody needs it in blr? sealed pack...PM me

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
with a i7 3770K you are better off with installing the Hyper Evo. Just incase you decide to tinker with the multiplier. and even if you dont OC, which would be a dumb move after buying a unlocked proccy, it helps shave off a few degrees and is good for the health of the proccy in the long run.

btw, you mentioned video editing.. it means full load on proc and high temps. the Hyper Evo will be a great help there. ;)

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Yeah better install Hyper 212 because this is winter & temps may vary from 5-10 degrees (as comp. to summer) hence the system that seems ice cool now may be running unhapily hot.

And there is all overclocking available u

OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
Ok guys...so after 4 years of successful running, my GS600 conked off despite being connected through Belkin adapter which warranties connected devices too for lifetime.. should I write to Belkin??

Nevertheless what suggestions for a new power supply...need to revive the desktop.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Ok guys...so after 4 years of successful running, my GS600 conked off despite being connected through Belkin adapter which warranties connected devices too for lifetime.. should I write to Belkin??

Nevertheless what suggestions for a new power supply...need to revive the desktop.
I got my GS 600 replaced for a CS650m

quicky008

Technomancer

did your gs600 sustain any electrical damages despite being connected to the belkin adapter?

OP
S

samuelgomes

Broken In
did your gs600 sustain any electrical damages despite being connected to the belkin adapter?

No visible electrical damages but yes one fine day there was a loud sound from the machine and post that system stopped working. Have connected another power supply to chk that it is the issue..

Top Bottom