[Review] Sony Walkman NWZ B-152-F

jamesbond008

Broken In
Today, I am going to review my gadget, Sony Walkman NWZ- B152F, having 2GB memory.
Price- Rs 2890/-

Review

Looks

The player's design is marvellous but some people may find it little bulky, but still, it got its looks. The player is 90.9 mm long, 23.3 mm wide and 15.2mm deep.It is available in 4 colours - Black, Pink, Red and Gold. It has a retractable cap in one side and the headphone connector in the opposite side. Opening the retractable cap you can see the USB connector. Almost at the centre the Ring for navigation is placed beautifully. There are 3 LEDs which will be activated by activating the BASS mode.
*img511.imageshack.us/img511/7070/dsc001341i.jpg
Boxed
*img148.imageshack.us/img148/9803/dsc001361.jpg
Out of the box
*img19.imageshack.us/img19/7773/dsc001731.jpg
2 out of 3 Led blinking

Features

Since this is a B-series player, don't expect many things from this tiny friend. It can play both MP3 and WMA without any problems. It also got FM playback and voice and FM recording. It took almost 67 minutes to fully charge the device and the QUICK charge made it to run for almost 85 minutes with just 3 minutes charging. Zappin feature is provided in this player but I can't understand the use of Zappin in a device which got a display.
ZAPPIN™ enables you to “ZAP-in” to preview the chorus of the next track with a choice of either 4 or 15 seconds, making it easy to browse and find the track you want. Found your tune? Simply press the button again to “ZAP-out” to start playback from the beginning
*img600.imageshack.us/img600/2439/dsc001701.jpg
Relative size with a Kingston Pendrive

Navigation and Buttons
navigation is done by moving the ring and selecting is done by the ...... button. Near the ring two buttons ZAP and BACK (HOME)are placed. REC, Volume controller and PLAY Mode selector are placed on one side where HOLD is on the other side. The screen is a good one with good interface (not cluttered) and good contrast.
*img211.imageshack.us/img211/4519/dsc001711.jpg
Navigational buttons
*img842.imageshack.us/img842/4485/dsc001681.jpg
REC, VOLUME, PLAY MODE

Sound-Quality
The sound quality is just brilliant and gets awesome with the BASS mode enabled. The bundled earphones are of good quality but switching to a Philips canal earphone the quality got increased, but still there is no need to buy another headphone if you aren’t an audiophile.

Pros
-Nice design
-Good sound quality
-Easy menu interface
-Presence of good features
-Light weight
-Cheap

Cons
-Somewhat bulky
-bundled earphones could be of better quality
-The retractable cap is easy to misplace
-Enabling Bass mode, battery drained quickly

Final result
Features- 4/5
Looks- 4/5
Value for money- 5/5
Sound Quality- 4.5/5
Price- Rs 2890/-

Product reviewed by Navaneeth Ashok a.k.a jamesbond008

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Re: Review : Sony Walkman NWZ B-152-F

^^ Nice review. I am also in search for a MP3 Player and currently zeroed at Transcend T sonic 330. :)

Rahim

Married!

Nice review jamesbond008.
Can you elaborate a little of how bulky it is?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^ By guessing with the picture, it's just a little bit bulky than Kingston pendrive.

OP
jamesbond008

jamesbond008

Broken In

Can you elaborate a little of how bulky it is?

yep, its just a little bulky, when compared with pendrive sized player, and the player is 90.9 mm long, 23.3 mm wide and 15.2mm deep

Top Bottom