Review of Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton Eco-Inverter Air Conditioner

surya_sapui

In the zone
Between PHT ,PMT ,PET as you say PMT is best.ok i will buy it.

Can u pls share whats the difference between them ... why the PMT is good in above three model.

aru_saha

New to this forum
Dear Rishi
I am also in Kolkata And would like to buy one Sharp Inverter AC. Where from did you get such a good deal? Also please provide the details of the installer

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Pardon my ignorance,but never heard of this brand before.
Have finalised on Ogeneral 1 tonner but this sharp brand seems to have garnered quite a lot of faith of digitians....
Is this brand better than Ogeneral ?? What are the USP's of this brand?? Also suggest a 1 tonner from this Sharp Brand.

SHIBEN

New to this forum
Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton -Inverter+ plusmacluster Air Conditioner

I want to purchase Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton -Inverter + plusmacluster Air Conditioner please help me

shibendra nath mallick 92316 77908

surya_sapui

In the zone
Re: Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton -Inverter+ plusmacluster Air Conditioner

I want to purchase Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton -Inverter + plusmacluster Air Conditioner please help me

shibendra nath mallick 92316 77908

this model totally out of stock because sharp discontinued 2013 models.You can only buy AH-XP18PET.

AH-XP18PHT, AH-XP18PMT available in only some shop or dealer.both model already out os stock.God knows why...

OP
RishiGuru

RishiGuru

Broken In
Pardon my ignorance,but never heard of this brand before. Have finalised on Ogeneral 1 tonner but this sharp brand seems to have garnered quite a lot of faith of digitians.... Is this brand better than Ogeneral ?? What are the USP's of this brand??

I too didn't knew much about the existence of this brand in AC segment before I bought my Sharp Inverter ACs way back in 2012. Only when I did an extensive market/ technology research did I stumble upon this brand and found them to be the best VFM air conditioners all around in India. Back then they were slowly penetrating the Indian AC market with their Inverter ACs when people knew nothing about Inverter technology in ACs. Their Inverter ACs provided astounding value to me, as they were certainly providing equal or better quality imported Inverter ACs from Thailand having much advanced and superior technology than competitor's 5 star non-Inverters of Hitachi/ Daikin/ General at equal or less cost!!!

So I dumped these so called 'epic' brands in India and ventured into unknown with Sharp. Since then I have not looked back and am extremely satisfied with their performance, quality & durability of their products. Their Inverter AC drive since 2011 was a big success in India, today they command 45% market share of all Inverter ACs sold in India. With this success they have also opened air-conditioner manufacturing facility in Pune, put up at an investment of around Rs 250 crore, to manufacture inverter air-conditioners. This facility has an installed capacity of 5 lakh units a year.

To know further read the below quote from "The Hindu" newspaper:

*s26.postimg.org/4bph4psn9/Sunil_K_Sinha_with_Sharp_Inverter_ACs.jpg

Sunil K. Sinha, Chief Executive Officer and Regional Head of Sharp India. — Bijoy Ghosh

CHENNAI, JAN. 8:
Sharp India Ltd will phase out its ‘value-for-money’ range of products and focus only on high-end models across product categories.

“We will focus only on products such as inverter air-conditioners, LED TVs above 32 inches, and frost-free refrigerators, in order to rationalise our product portfolio,” said Sunil K. Sinha, Chief Executive Officer and Regional Head of Sharp India.

For Sharp India, TV and air-conditioner verticals contribute over 70 per cent of the top line. Sinha said the company wants to consolidate its presence in these two segments in the next couple of years.

The company recently launched its air-conditioner manufacturing facility in Pune, put up at an investment of around Rs 250 crore, to manufacture inverter air-conditioners. This facility has an installed capacity of 5 lakh units a year.

With less than 4 per cent share of the 3.4-million-unit room air-conditioner market, Sharp currently lags behind many other brands. However, “if you consider only the inverter air-conditioners market, which is around 6 per cent (a little over two lakh units) of the overall market, we command over 45 per cent share,” said Sinha. In the current year, it expects to garner at least 7-8 per cent share of the overall room air-conditioner market, which is expected to cross 4 million units.

In the 4.5-million-unit LED TV market, Sharp commands 3 per cent share. It hopes to cross 5 per cent in 2014.

Besides the listed entity of Sharp India, the parent company Sharp Corporation of Japan has two wholly-owned companies — Sharp Business System (sales and marketing company) and its captive research and development unit Sharp Software Development.

To prove the company’s commitment to after-sales service, Sinha has given his direct telephone number in the product guarantee cards and advertisements for customers. “It’s a good initiative for consumer connect,” he said.

ravikumar.r@thehindu.co.in

(This article was published on January 8, 2014)

Link: *www.thehindubusinessline.com/companies/sharp-to-focus-on-highend-models/article5554240.ece

Last edited:

Gupta

Right off the assembly line
Dear Rishi, I am in chandigarh.

The model AH-XP 18 MV is available with one of the dealers at a total price of Rs 50,000. This includes Installationcharges, the cost of 4KVA V-Guard Stabilzer and a Wall bracket for OD unit.

Another dealer says that this model is now outdated and offers 2 new models as detailed below.
AH-X18 PET: for Rs 48,500/- (all inclusive)
AH-X18 PMT: for Rs 52,500/- (All Inclusive).

I have found that PET model does not have 'Plasmacluster ion technology, while the PMT model has this feature as is available in MV.
Please guide as to which model should I purchase out of these three?

Gupta

Rishi dear, Should I go for
MV model available for Rs 49900/-
or
PMT available for Rs 52500/- ?
(Inclusive of installation charges, stabilizer modiguard 4 kva and Wall mounted bracket for OD Unit.)

OP
RishiGuru

RishiGuru

Broken In
The model AH-XP 18 MV is available with one of the dealers at a total price of Rs 50,000. This includes Installationcharges, the cost of 4KVA V-Guard Stabilzer and a Wall bracket for OD unit.

INR 50K is the MRP of AH-XP18MV. As a consumer you have the right to bargain (which you must) with the dealer and have them at around INR 44 ~ 45K.

The AH-XP18MV also comes with free installation kit. Read my review on the first post of this thread to know what was included in it. But as you say the dealer is including the stabilizer, installation charges and ODU bracket with his final quoted price, the deal seems good. Press the dealer for the free installation kit also.

Another dealer says that this model is now outdated and offers 2 new models as detailed below.
AH-X18 PET: for Rs 48,500/- (all inclusive)
AH-X18 PMT: for Rs 52,500/- (All Inclusive).
I have found that PET model does not have 'Plasmacluster ion technology, while the PMT model has this feature as is available in MV.

The AH-XP18MV is not outdated; on the contrary the AH-XP18PMT is derived from the same. 18MV is an international model where as 18PMT is India specific. The 18MVs were imported from Thailand before Sharp built their own manufacturing plant in India where the 18PMT/PET are now assembled.

Please guide as to which model should I purchase out of these three?
….. Should I go for
MV model available for Rs 49900/-
or
PMT available for Rs 52500/-

There are no performance benefits 18PMT rejoices over 18MV. Both have identical performance and consumes equal amount of energy to chill a room.

The 18PMT has one additional feature; it has automatic horizontal swing where as for 18MV it is manual. On the other hand 18MV being built in Thailand has better built quality than 18PMT. For me built quality and component quality are of primary importance, so I will definitely vouch for 18MV with one less feature (which I will rarely use).

subhasish202

New to this forum
I also want to buy sharp inverter ac 105 to 18PMT/ 18PHT. My question is what would be the perfect tonnage for my room.
Length - 16ft
width - 10 ft
Hight -12 ft .

I want to buy the ac by this week only .I am residing in kolkata only where there is lot of price difference.I have got 44 k +2.5k installation .

Need urgent reply .

adiemohan

Hello!
I needed some info. I have a 440sq ft room. Any idea if a 2 ton Inverter AC could do the job? This is on the ground floor in Chandigarh. I am not looking to freeze my bones, just something that will keep my room comfortable enough and not kill me with the bill.

adiemohan

I needed a bit of advice considering the discussion going on. I have a 450 Sq Ft room, ground floor in Chandigarh(its humid only for 2 months, hot for about the same) so I was thinking, would a 2TR inverter AC do the job? some dealers are recommending 2x 1.5TR acs, some say an inverter AC will be waste of money here, some say inverters are the bomb. Help! :)

nrk_jegan

New to this forum
Thanks for the extensive review. Had a dilemma between 1 Ton Carrier Superia Plus K+ and 1.1 Ton Sharp AH-XP13PHT. Finally ordered 1.1 Ton Sharp AH-XP13PHT for 38,700 K price at Girias,Chennai.

gibygeorge

Hi nrk_jegan,

Can you please let me know how is the performance of the unit.

I am in search for the a ~1 ton inverter AC and not able to decide between few brands including Sharp. I also had visited Girias, Chennai and the price they quoted me for the same model was ~40k with some freebees.

I am worried about the Sharp customer service at Chennai. How did they handled the installation?

Thank you,

gibygeorge

Now goes my complete question to everyone at this forum.

Hello everyone,

I am planning to buy 1 Ton Inverter AC with R410a refrigerant.

I heard R32 refrigerant is inflammable so can someone please comment about it's use.

I have zeroed in on few brands but not able to decide which one to go.

– Sharp 1.1 Ton with Plasmacluster.

Very Good online reviews but not sure of the after sales service.

– Panasonic with Econavi, with Bluefin condenser

– Bluestar, with Bluefin condenser

– Daikin but the local shops have R22 models only.

I live in Chennai.

Please help me out.

Thank you,

Top Bottom