Railwire Broadband

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like great service.

Even I was once user of BSNL but happily left it for the same old cable issue.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Railwire uses fibre technology (FTTH) and uses an Optical fiber based modem. My local cable operator handles the operations. Talking to him solves most issues.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Railwire is also proving wifi at railway station in alliance with google - we can get it on pretty much most of the major stations - the speed is good enough and at-least better than jio 4g which is degrading in quality day by day.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
For Kerala as well, better FUP limits and post FUP speed to 512 Kbps is happening. Almost same as TN.

chris

In the zone
I am on 20 mbps plan, 100 GB BW per month. 1 Mbps after FUP.

Here is the latest rate i see on the web site

Imgur

It is same as before, i can't see any change.

FUP speed to 512 Kbps is happening

As think FUP speed was 1 mbps when i started using railwire like 1 year ago. 512 Kbps ? Are they going to reduce FUP speed ?

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
For 949 they were offering 75 Mbps with 300 GB. Looks like something is going on with their website.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Something happened in between. I even confirmed about the changes with the LCO. Only think I can think of is an ongoing website update.

In TN, post FUP speed is 1 Mbps now in BSNL.

When you have 300 GB for less than ₹ 1,000 , you wouldn't care about post FUP speed :)

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
*speedtest.net.in/test/17804828

Got railwire connection.

350GB 100mbps 999 without tax.

Not sure about after fup speed. LCO said it was currently less than 1mbps. But will improve from April onwards.

chris

In the zone
*speedtest.net.in/test/17804828

Got railwire connection.

350GB 100mbps 999 without tax.

Not sure about after fup speed. LCO said it was currently less than 1mbps. But will improve from April onwards.

Nice speed, where you from ? Your plan is listed in railwire web site ?

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
From what was posted on the Railwire website previously, all FUP plans have post FUP speed of 512 Kbps. The plans are being allotted even though they are not listed anymore on the website

chris

In the zone
My plan got upgraded to FUP 75Mbps_300GB

Speed test = Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Imgur

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I didn't go with the 75 Mbps plan. Though router and adapter was capable of supporting it. Wifi link speed on mobile was at 65 Mbps. I guess that's the limit there.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Is it an ulterior plan by the government to restrict piracy or something? Otherwise how to explain the ridiculous 512 Kbps speed?

Last edited:
Top Bottom