Problem with the front inputs

I got a PC built recently but I noticed that my front audio jacks are not working.
I opened the cabinet and checked the required wires and the setup was right.
My MB is BIOSTAR H110MD PRO and my PC has two audio port in front(green and pink)
When I connect my headphones to the pink port nothing happens no audio out no audio in.
When I connect my headphones to the green port there is very low volume audio output with a lot of noise.
I cant figure out what could be the problem
PS
The audio out is fine with the back ports

(I hope this is the right section of the forum to post this query)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Which audio chipset do you have? If it's realtek, I think you can enable it explicitly using the utility they provide. Either that or you have to enable it in the BIOS.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes, I think OP needs to install the required audio drivers and then when you insert any audio device through front port, a notification should pop up where you can select which device you have inserted, and it should work. On my PC, the notification is something like this:

Attachments

• Audio Jack Notification.JPG
    Audio Jack Notification.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 167
OP
PulkitSingh18793

PulkitSingh18793

Broken In
Which audio chipset do you have? If it's realtek, I think you can enable it explicitly using the utility they provide. Either that or you have to enable it in the BIOS.
I have Realtek and it shows my front ports as already under use always even though there is nothing connected on em. I'm not sure what you mean when you say enable it in the BIOS. I have opened the BIOS a few times but i dont think there is a audio setting thing there.

Yes, I think OP needs to install the required audio drivers and then when you insert any audio device through front port, a notification should pop up where you can select which device you have inserted, and it should work. On my PC, the notification is something like this:
As I mentioned above it is always under use so no popup is there. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Can you post what audio devices can you see under Playback and Recording tabs after opening Sound from the control panel?

masterkd

Padawan
There was a very old problem similar to this. AC97 or HD audio pin configuration. Probably it is not this issue as all current cabinet and motherboard comes with HD audio pin configuration. Just re check your cabinet's front audio pin configuration are the same as your motherboard's supported front audio.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom