Problem configuring TP-LINK modem router

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
C

connoisseur

Broken In
if net is working fine on mobile via wifi then problem is with your pc lan settings.in your lan adapter tcp/ip v4 settings set option to get ip address/dns address automatically.
Its already set on that.
That means, your PC is trolling you. :p
1. As already stated make the PC automatically detect the IP & DNS. If it is already like that, make it like :
IP address: 192.168.1.10~192.168.1.100
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS: 8.8.8.8
8.8.4.4(Google DNS)
or 208.67.222.222
208.67.220.220(Open DNS)

2. Try alloting your PC a static IP in the modem.
Here's the status page:
status.png
1. Tried that. Didn't help.
2. I didn't exactly understand how to do that. Do you mean from Interface > Internet I should select Static IP instead of PPPoE?

Vignesh B

Youngling
2. I didn't exactly understand how to do that. Do you mean from Interface > Internet I should select Static IP instead of PPPoE?
Open the modem page>Go to interface setup>LAN>Under DHCP table >assign an IP address, enter your network card's mac address>save
Untitled.png

Last edited:
OP
C

connoisseur

Broken In
I don't know how, but now its working.
I turned the device on without connecting the LAN cable. Only telephone line was connected (I was using net via wifi on mobile)
then I connected the LAN cable and suddenly it started working on the PC too.
Hope it works in future also now.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
probably some ip conflict.run ipconfig again & note down the ip address of your pc when net is working fine for future use.in your previous ipconfig result your pc was getting ip 192.168.1.100 which is unusual unless you specifically set in the dhcp settings the ip pool start ip address as something like 192.168.1.90(or 100).

rythm007

Right off the assembly line
Hey Guys,

Need some help here. I have the same router, the problem i am facing is different though.

I have configured the router as its mentioned with all PVC disabled apart from PVC0 and i am able to access the internet just fine with my PC via LAN Wire connection but i am not able to use my wifi.

I have tried everything.The status page shows 2 wireless devices connected but still i am not able to use internet on those devices.

Please tell me on what is supposed to be done.Really appreciate if you guys could help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom