Price of blank DVD media

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
cynosure said:
^^Holy cow. I know how it feels.
I formatted my HDD and unknowingly deleted 8 DVD movies. I wasted so much of time downloading them and all the time down the drain.
Waise which brand were you using?

I was using Writex-R brand forRs 11/piece.

Now i use Sony+R media code D21 @18/ piece. Very good writing on it

@adithya : yes in my case they proved so but quality of the discs matter too, like m usin Sony now. BTW check both formats to see with which ur writer is most compatible. That'll give u best burns

@dabster : Hey where u get it at 15/piece ???

Last edited:

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
^^
My DVD writer doesnt support testing for errors unfortunately. I tried k-probe and nero's check tool and they are incompatible. I always verify written data. I am not bothered about failure of burning process since DVD-R is doing fine. I asking if probability of getting CRC errors on two years old DVD+R is lesser than that of DVD-R assuming both are from SONY and both are stored in the same way.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ yes it is..

but seriouly, are they are they available for such a low price? how do u check for the genuineness of the product? any way?

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Indeed a very good deal, if REAL !! ;)

Fake Sony are quite popular too !

To ensure genuineness you can check the media code bt even that can easily be faked so the rest remains is to buy from a reputed shop and pay em around 18/pc.

BTW u can also burn test them, see if they burn nicely ! :lol:

wirelessraj

| Game Artist |
I got sony's 16X DVD +R 100 pack for Rs.1600 (DISC ID = SONY-D21-00)

Moserbaer 8X Dual layer DVD +R for Rs.130 each (DISC ID = RICOHJPN-D01-67)
Imation Dual layer DVD was available for Rs.120 each

Prices r in Bangalore

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Dual Layer DVD Media RW Where to get it ( 8 GB )
I want Dual Layer DVD Media RW - not R
Where to get it in bombay and what will be price

Like tell me price for sony , or good brand only

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
LaserTras DVD R Blank Rs. 9/- each... !!! :) Kolkata, Chandi Market !!! bought 50 Pack together, 100% reliability !!! (only when u write Data less than 4.1 GB per disk :p)

pannaguma

Turn The Page
Choto Cheeta said:
LaserTras DVD R Blank Rs. 9/- each... !!! :) Kolkata, Chandi Market !!! bought 50 Pack together, 100% reliability !!! (only when u write Data less than 4.1 GB per disk :p)
why only 4.1GB? I mean what has capacity to do with reliability?:confused:

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Want to know the prices of DVD Blank Media
Please do reply.

DVD RW 4 GB
DVD RW 8 GB

DVD R 4 GB
DVD R 8 GB

Also is the above 4 DVD comes in spindle also .

when i asked i got this reply

DVD RW 4 GB - 55
DVD RW 8 GB - 500

DVD R 4 GB - 17
DVD R 8 GB - 100
Is that correct price for sony brand , i asked only for sony brand.

A11B1ack

Right off the assembly line
I purchased 10 Sony DVD-R(4.7 GB/16x) for Rs. 190/- from Chandni kolkata last month :).
BTW..any idea where can I get 8.5 gb blank DVD R (not RW) in kolkata and what is the price

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Hey friends I purchased moserbaer pro(there were two varieties of pro version too and I purchased the better one) for rupees 18 a piece.They were selling in boxes of 20 DVDs each.The writex dvds were available at 13 rupees each.And mind you guys I am not a great bargainer they just told me the price and I just handed over the money to them.I think a good bargainer can easily get the best quality DVDs(moserbaer pro) at a price of Rs.15-16 if they purchase in bigger quantities like a 100 DVDs.

The DVDs are burning like charm in exactly 5min. 28 sec.(full) at 16x with no error whatso ever.The shopkepper said they will comfortably last for more than 5 years and that is very good considering other low quality media.

BTW the sale price written on the box is Rs.30 per piece.I am from Delhi and these prices are from Nehru place market.I think its the best computer market in India in terms of prices and quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom