Price of blank DVD media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyan

Journeyman
Could anyone post the price of dual layer dvds? last time I checked they were 150/- each(Melody). before that, they used to be 200/-. Please post also the prices of dual layer dvds.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I buy 8x LaserTras DVDs (4.7 single layer) for Rs. 9 from Kolkata Streets !!! :) works gr8....

only to make sure, not burning more tha 4.1 GB DATA in it :lol:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
writex / national - Rs 15 a piece
moser baer - rs. 20 a peice

these ar costs if i buy individual pieces. in packs its cheaper

at nehru place, new delhi mitsubishi dual layer dvds are avaialeble for rs.175. very expensive...

abhra

Broken In
Originally posted by Choto Cheeta

I buy 8x LaserTras DVDs (4.7 single layer) for Rs. 9 from Kolkata Streets !!!
What do you mean - Streets???:D And BTW, isn't 8x a little low for normal standards?

pushkaraj

In the zone
Hey guys, i just bought a 50 piece pack of National dvd-r 16X from Lamington road, mumbai. Got it for 400rs. Isn't dat gr8;)

abhishek_del

Journeyman
Well looking at what u ppl are saying, I condider myself lucky to be staying in Delhi where in Nehru place I got 25 DVD's for 325 and if I bought 50 DVD's then per dvd cost would have been aroound 11...And I am talking about MMORE (ie MOserbaer). Dual layer reatils for R. 200 at nehru place....

I forgot to mention that these are 16x DVD's and if u want cheaper, go for cheaper brands.

Last edited:

cynosure

UbuntuUser
pushkaraj said:
Which place :confused: :confused: :confused:

Shiva Tower in Ghaziabad.
The brand (oh yeah!) is rainbow and the dealer has taken full guarantee that none of the DvDs will be "bekaar".

Now I think my friend will buy around 80 more for 9 per piece (40 for me ofcourse). Lets see if he can make the deal.

palito

Broken In
dont know why u guys Play around with Cheap Media,Invest 5 or 6 bucks more get good quality ones like Sony or Taiyo Yuden,they will burn well & Last Long

Keeping ur Data safe for years to come

my 2 Cents

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ Those 5-6 bucks matter a lot when you have 200GBs to burn. (I know this coz I got 292 movies to burn :D Yo! babe)
These are my 2 cents.

palito

Broken In
cynosure said:
^^ Those 5-6 bucks matter a lot when you have 200GBs to burn. (I know this coz I got 292 movies to burn :D Yo! babe)
These are my 2 cents.
it will matter a lot more when u loose ur movies due to those cheap dvd's :p

hours of work will go waste when u find some that Ur Cheap Disc Becom Unreadble & starts Giving CRC's Errors...

Choice is ur Finally Mate,i have no Probs if u want to risk ur Data @ the cost of saving money :D

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^:D. You dont have to give me that advice. I already knew that.
But now I will sleep with a heavy heart.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
@cynosure

Nothing to advice ya, but i've recently lost almost about 8 to 10 movies on different diffrent DVDs which i wrote about an year to two years back !! :(

Although i recovered them but they now stutter and skip now, my fine prints, so ruined now !!

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^Holy cow. I know how it feels.
I formatted my HDD and unknowingly deleted 8 DVD movies. I wasted so much of time downloading them and all the time down the drain.
Waise which brand were you using?

dabster

In the zone
ashu_dps said:
@cynosure

Nothing to advice ya, but i've recently lost almost about 8 to 10 movies on different diffrent DVDs which i wrote about an year to two years back !! :(

Although i recovered them but they now stutter and skip now, my fine prints, so ruined now !!
that's why...
Stick with Sony DVD+R media 15/- here.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
adithyagenius said:
^^
is DVD+R superior to DVD-R?

DVD-R format developed in 1997 and so older players/drives may support only this one.
DVD+R format developed in 2002 is said to be technologically superior.

Recent players/drives support both in addition to DVD-RAM.
Source
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-R

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
janitha said:
DVD-R format developed in 1997 and so older players/drives may support only this one.
DVD+R format developed in 2002 is said to be technologically superior.

Recent players/drives support both in addition to DVD-RAM.
Source
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-R

I know about the superior burning in DVD+R. I wanted to know if DVD+R discs are superior to DVD-R discs in durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom