Powerbank

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
^some things you need to look. OP.
mostly all powerbank use 18650 batteries.
List of battery sizes - Wikipedia

Comparing all these, LG's 18650 batteries is best in all. (in my opinion) and it's available on amazon..
(You will never know which powerbank uses which battery unless you open it..)
The Best 18650 Batteries Of 2017
Review: The Best Cheap 18650 Batteries and Chargers for Flashlights
The Best Rechargeable Batteries and Chargers Of 2017 - MetaEfficient
Top 10 High Drain Batteries for Sub-Ohm Vaping 2017
Best 18650 Battery – Best 26650 Battery – Reviews 2017

Just search 18650 on amazon..
*www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/260-0929048-6724315?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=18650

Other options for powerbank can be "Li-ion Battery Charger"
*www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=18650+Battery+Charger&rh=i:aps,k:18650+Battery+Charger
Battery Holders, Clips, Contacts | DigiKey

More about battery..
Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University

Just saw a xiaomi 10400 powerbank selling for 749 + delivery charges at paytm. Does anybody know whether it could be original?. If it's original, that's definitely worth buying.

How is this one?
Buy Intex IT-PB12.5K 12500 mAh Power Bank (Red & Black) Online at Low Prices in India - Paytm.com

18650 is not mentioned anywhere. How is the return process of paytm? Xiaomi out of stock.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
How is this one?
Buy Intex IT-PB12.5K 12500 mAh Power Bank (Red & Black) Online at Low Prices in India - Paytm.com

18650 is not mentioned anywhere. How is the return process of paytm? Xiaomi out of stock.

Xiaomi make excellent power banks. I would highly recommend that. check their official website. I have bought bluetooth speaker, screen guard from them and had no issues.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
check new powerbank version 2.0 from Xiaomi
I liked it.. but don't know improvement over previous version.
10000mAh Mi Power Bank 2 Mi India
20000mAh Mi Power Bank 2 Mi India

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
check new powerbank version 2.0 from Xiaomi
I liked it.. but don't know improvement over previous version.
10000mAh Mi Power Bank 2 Mi India
20000mAh Mi Power Bank 2 Mi India

Nope, no carrots here.Mi Bunny Friendly Reminder:please ensure that the web address you entered is correct.Back to Mi.com

Tapatalk's internal browser sucks. Will try from a PC later.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wow.. I didn't know Mi Powerbank Version 2 are here. They looks sleek.
I recently bought Mi Powerbank 10,000 mAh at full price Rs 1299 since I knew their quality is great and I had a hard time finding new one.

I will surely have an eye for the new 10000 mAh powerbank, for any discounts.

sohan_92

In the zone
+1 for Mi Power Bank. I bought 10000mAh during Last year Holi Festival offer with 1100 INR. Still charging my Moto X Play more than two times.

And they also have provided a power bank cover as complimentary gift. :D

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@TigerKing
I have finalized Mi 10000 powerbank. Just two questions-
1. Does it have the 18650 battery?
2. Say I charge a phone with turbo/fast charging with Mi powerbank, then will it slow charge or fast/turbo charge the phone? It depends on the adapter and the usb cable I guess.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@Vyom @sohan_92
Since you have Mi's powerbanks so could you please answer the above two questions?
And from where to get this fan-
*m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media/sota/15a639ff-8804-435c-a4b9-6bcadcadd47e.jpg
Also the cover of this powerbank?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@Vyom @sohan_92
Since you have Mi's powerbanks so could you please answer the above two questions?
*m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media/sota/15a639ff-8804-435c-a4b9-6bcadcadd47e.jpg
The fan is of Mi. So it should be available on Mi store. And why would you want a cover for the Powerbank! I am not among those people who care about power banks enough to buy a cover for it.

About the previous two questions:
1. Not sure from where you got the 18650 figure. What does it represent?
2. Fast charging depends on the ampere which is being provided by the charger. My Mi powerbank provides 5.1 volts or 2.1 ampere of output. Charges my 1st gen phone fast. Don't think fast charging means it will drain battery faster. The rate by which your phone drains battery depends on other factors like phone battery capacity and load.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The fan is of Mi. So it should be available on Mi store. And why would you want a cover for the Powerbank! I am not among those people who care about power banks enough to buy a cover for it.

About the previous two questions:
1. Not sure from where you got the 18650 figure. What does it represent?
2. Fast charging depends on the ampere which is being provided by the charger. My Mi powerbank provides 5.1 volts or 2.1 ampere of output. Charges my 1st gen phone fast. Don't think fast charging means it will drain battery faster. The rate by which your phone drains battery depends on other factors like phone battery capacity and load.

1. Powerbank
2. What I meant was you cannot fast charge a S7 until and unless you have the special adapter by Samsung. Now my question is since I will be charging the phone via the usb cable connected to the powerbank, then will it fast charge or slow charge the phone?

Not able to find that fan on their site. Well I read the reviews on Amazon+from the built it looks like a scratch magnet. So, considering how I will be handling it, I asked for a cover.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
1. No Idea about MI powerbank using 18650 battery.
2. As I already said, fast charging depends on the Ampere which your charger is providing. It's just a marketing term. Since powerbank provides 2.1A output, it should be able to charge your Samsung phone fast. (I don't know what Ampere your Samsung phone's "special" adapter is rated). As for scratches, after a year of using my powerbank with no cover, and handling it roughly, I am pretty satisfied that it doesn't look like that from the pic attached. :p

Attachments

• photo5987625903653497163.jpg
    photo5987625903653497163.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 176

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
billubakra said:
Hi dear,

Howdy?

Regarding that MI power bank, last query can we charge the same by connecting it to a phone's charger directly from the adapter instead of a PC or laptop?

Thanks

No need to PM me pal. You can ask here too.
You can charge the power bank through a phone's charger or via USB cable connecting it to PC or laptop. Both is possible.

sohan_92

In the zone
@Vyom @sohan_92
Okay, I see Vyom has already covered most of your doubts. Still I will try to clear your confusion.
1. The cover for the powerbank, I got as complimentary during festive season. I am not sure if they provide during off seasons.
2. What do you mean by 18650 battery? If you are talking about capacity, then you already mentioned that it is 10,000mAh battery, right?
3. Regarding Turbo/Fast charge (there is no official turbo charging option for MI Power Bank), the best way to know is to compare with your output value of your phone charger with power bank's output value. More the value, faster the charging. And again, don't get confused with faster charge is for 100% battery capacity. It is only for certain point of battery capacity, after that it will be charged by as normal charger.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
@TigerKing
I have finalized Mi 10000 powerbank. Just two questions-
1. Does it have the 18650 battery?
2. Say I charge a phone with turbo/fast charging with Mi powerbank, then will it slow charge or fast/turbo charge the phone? It depends on the adapter and the usb cable I guess.

Mi 10000 powerbank??
why not mi powerbank 2? why old?
1. for 18650 battery, you need to open powerbank, and tell us which brand's 18650 battery does Mi uses.
max battery used on most powerbanks of 10000 mah is "2500mAh x 4".
Unless you open it or someone open it (google search about teardown)
like this.. mi powerbank 2 using 18650 battery - Google Search
I found some useful stuffs go through it.
Xiaomi Power Bank 2 10,000mAh Review | BudgetLightForum.com
[MIUI DEVICE TEAM] Xiaomi MI Powerbank 20000Mah: Juicing up the King - Mi Gadgets - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum
[DEVICE TEAM] A Deep Review on Mi Power Bank 2 20000mAh - Unboxing and Teardown! - Mi Gadgets - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum
Comparison of Mi Power Bank, Mi Power Bank Pro and Power Bank 2! - Mi Gadgets - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum
Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2 20000mAh Photo Review
The Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2 comes with a two-way charging technology that is a great step forward in comparison to the older version. Moreover, it supports several fast charging technologies including Quick Charge 3.0 and Huawei FCP. The only shortcoming is the lack of the USB Type-C, but I guess the manufacturer didn’t pack it with this port not to affect the pricing.

I found one link with 18650 replacements..
How To Convert Fake Xiaomi MI Power Bank to Original | DIY. | I'M FROSTY

2. You should use charger came with powerbank. QC 3.0 is supported by Mi poerbank 2

Someone need to create thread for understanding different "fast" charging techs in detailed.
Connector - USB, USB-C, Lightning
Technology - QuickCharge, TurboPower, DashCharging, Adaptive Fast Charging, USB-C 18W charger, Wireless Charging, Regular Charging.. etc etc.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
1. No Idea about MI powerbank using 18650 battery.
2. As I already said, fast charging depends on the Ampere which your charger is providing. It's just a marketing term. Since powerbank provides 2.1A output, it should be able to charge your Samsung phone fast. (I don't know what Ampere your Samsung phone's "special" adapter is rated). As for scratches, after a year of using my powerbank with no cover, and handling it roughly, I am pretty satisfied that it doesn't look like that from the pic attached. :p

mi powerbank used 18650 batteries (4 seperate batteries), but new powerbanks 2, are one single unit. You don't want to mess with it.
If you have it, please confirm it by opening powerbank (old).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Okay, I see Vyom has already covered most of your doubts. Still I will try to clear your confusion.
1. The cover for the powerbank, I got as complimentary during festive season. I am not sure if they provide during off seasons.
2. What do you mean by 18650 battery? If you are talking about capacity, then you already mentioned that it is 10,000mAh battery, right?
3. Regarding Turbo/Fast charge (there is no official turbo charging option for MI Power Bank), the best way to know is to compare with your output value of your phone charger with power bank's output value. More the value, faster the charging. And again, don't get confused with faster charge is for 100% battery capacity. It is only for certain point of battery capacity, after that it will be charged by as normal charger.

Thanks. Last query, can we charge the powerbank directly via a charger/adapter & not with the usb cable connected to a pc or a laptop?

Mi 10000 powerbank??
why not mi powerbank 2? why old?
1. for 18650 battery, you need to open powerbank, and tell us which brand's 18650 battery does Mi uses.
max battery used on most powerbanks of 10000 mah is "2500mAh x 4".
Unless you open it or someone open it (google search about teardown)
like this.. mi powerbank 2 using 18650 battery - Google Search
I found some useful stuffs go through it.
Xiaomi Power Bank 2 10,000mAh Review | BudgetLightForum.com
[MIUI DEVICE TEAM] Xiaomi MI Powerbank 20000Mah: Juicing up the King - Mi Gadgets - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum
[DEVICE TEAM] A Deep Review on Mi Power Bank 2 20000mAh - Unboxing and Teardown! - Mi Gadgets - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum
Comparison of Mi Power Bank, Mi Power Bank Pro and Power Bank 2! - Mi Gadgets - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum
Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2 20000mAh Photo Review

I found one link with 18650 replacements..
How To Convert Fake Xiaomi MI Power Bank to Original | DIY. | I'M FROSTY

2. You should use charger came with powerbank. QC 3.0 is supported by Mi poerbank 2

Someone need to create thread for understanding different "fast" charging techs in detailed.
Connector - USB, USB-C, Lightning
Technology - QuickCharge, TurboPower, DashCharging, Adaptive Fast Charging, USB-C 18W charger, Wireless Charging, Regular Charging.. etc etc.

Whoa. Calm down bro. I am not a hardware expert neither does I have the time for this so I am not opening it whenever it reaches my place and yes I meant the Powerbank version 2 only.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@sohan_92 @Vyom @TigerKing
All powerbanks are OOS now :(
Mi India
Mi India
I think they might increase the prices. Is this the same product-
Mi 10000mAH Power Bank 2 (Black): Amazon.in: Electronics
I am skeptical shopping from Amazon due to my recent experience with a computer accessory.
And where the hell is that fan from Mi? *m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media/sota/15a639ff-8804-435c-a4b9-6bcadcadd47e.jpg
Not able to find it anywhere All accessories - Mi India

Top Bottom