Post your latest Purchase

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Re: Post what you purchased.

i've got it confirmed in Corsair Forum, about the RAM Compatibilty.
they said, there's NO WAY that RAM will run on that mobo(dg965wh). :(

so guys can you tell me, what shall i do, i cant return these two (m/b+ram), i was thinkong about selling the mobo & get a m/b which supports this RAM.:D any suggestions for a mobo under 7.5k which also has a advanced (dx10 compatibility) Onboard gfx. (like gma x3000)

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

s18000rpm said:
Thanks for the link sam.
i did some searching today in local market, & couldn't find a Cabinet meeting my requirements.
all i want is a polished(elegant) looking cabinet with inbuilt Card Reader.
as i use Memory Stick very often for transfering images, so having a external card reader will just add to more clutter.
*img108.imageshack.us/img108/9109/dsc04071ct4.th.jpg *img183.imageshack.us/img183/8774/dsc04073qv7.th.jpg

if had known about this ATX form factor stuffs, i'd have bought a mobo which could fit in my present cabinet. :(

all i'm able to find is Bling-Bling cabinets :D, with colourful lights (which i hate :x)....

mmmmm decent looking cabinets with no bling bling....I see what you need. Actually bling bling cabinets are more of a gaming cabinets with all LED fans etc..... like mine:D. If you hate those you ganna dispise mine:). Neeway I dont know about card reader cabinets but ASUS and Coolermaster have some decent looking cabs. Have a look.

*in.asus.com/products2.aspx?l1=7&l2=37

*www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=...lace=product_class_include&files=chassis.html

Probably one would strike your apeal.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for giving the links sam, i really appriciate it. :)

i have my eyes locked on ASUS Vento 7700.

it has NO Bling-Bling thing in it.:D

i also looke@ Cooler Master Wave Master but i think its not available here in India.

i saw Asus models (6-7months back) in Chennai.

one thing's for sure, its gonna be wayyy tooo costly. :( but definetly worth it :D.

if i can get this one, my PC will be the Ultimate in Looks. :D
Asus Vento 3600
*img77.imageshack.us/img77/7313/379lcr2.th.jpg :D

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

s18000rpm said:
Thanks for giving the links sam, i really appriciate it

Anytime there to help.....

i also looke@ Cooler Master Wave Master but i think its not available here in India.

Coolermaster is available atleast in New Delhi, though you gonna look hard to find.

one thing's for sure, its gonna be wayyy tooo costly. :( but definetly worth it :D

Well.....I would say not way to expensive.......vento is around 5000. It was my first choise but I was more inclind towards the Bling Bling thing so I got a Zebronics and added some more bling bling of my own so there is lot of bling bling going around at my house :D.........other wise I was going for this one. The coolest part is....... its got a hydrolic front door which covers the ROM,FDD and all ports...neat na...

18000 I see your above post, what is it you are facing, may be I can be of some help.......

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

its that RAM thing. i had told my frnd to get me a Transcend RAM (@667MHz), but he wanted me to have the Best, so he bought Corsair 1GB Twin2X CM2X512A-6400 800MHz(512x2) which turned out to be Disastrous to me.:(

my problem-
this Intel DG965WH m/b supports RAM only upto 1.8volts. & this RAM runs @ 1.9 volts (just a difference of 0.1 volts sheesh, :( what a miserable start for a Year)

& then i googled & googled & found Official Corsair Memory Support Forum, where i posted the Query & got a answer, that this RAM will not run on this mobo. :(:(:(

link->Intel DG965WH & Corsair CM2X512A-6400

Also In Intel's site there's no mention of Corsair RAM's->Tested Memory

sam is there a way out of this without selling/replacing anything.

damn these Intel mobo's dont even have slightest Tweaking Capability. :x

come to think of it, i've spent all my savings for these two (m/b + RAM=$310). now i cant even think of going/replacing for other stuffs.

Last edited:

assasin

Banned

^^^ Just get a spare ram from one of ur frnds ( or xchange ur ram wit ur frnds) and use it untill u have enuf money to chnge/replace.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

s18000rpm said:
its that RAM thing. i had told my frnd to get me a Transcend RAM (@667MHz), but he wanted me to have the Best, so he bought Corsair 1GB Twin2X CM2X512A-6400 800MHz(512x2) which turned out to be Disastrous to me.:(

my problem-
this Intel DG965WH m/b supports RAM only upto 1.8volts. & this RAM runs @ 1.9 volts (just a difference of 0.1 volts sheesh, :( what a miserable start for a Year)

& then i googled & googled & found Official Corsair Memory Support Forum, where i posted the Query & got a answer, that this RAM will not run on this mobo. :(:(:(

come to think of it, i've spent all my savings for these two (m/b + RAM=$310). now i cant even think of going/replacing for other stuffs.

Oh man sorry for you. You should have opted for an ASUS board. Intel does not officially support overclocking or any tweaking for that matter. and so there boards does not have much tweaking capability. Leme see if I can find some option other than selling/replacing RAM. Give me some time.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

s18000rpm said:

my problem-

Sorry man, but i knew about this. I was going to a review Anandtech and this was the only probs with led to bad rating.

One Guy said, Intel will be updating the BOIS so the MOBO could support BIOS - but i am not sure

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

s18000rpm said:
i've got it confirmed in Corsair Forum, about the RAM Compatibilty.
they said, there's NO WAY that RAM will run on that mobo(dg965wh). :(

so guys can you tell me, what shall i do, i cant return these two (m/b+ram), i was thinkong about selling the mobo & get a m/b which supports this RAM.:D any suggestions for a mobo under 7.5k which also has a advanced (dx10 compatibility) Onboard gfx. (like gma x3000)

Did you try modding the BIOS, visit the BIOS mods forum to see if u can unlock the ram voltage thing, or atleast change the default value and set it to 1.9, ( I did a bit research on modding BIOS when I had MSI-RS480)
2. Zalman VF-900 Cu VGA Cooler

Cost me 100$ for both together.

Other products considered:
Mouse:
1. Razer Copperhead
2. Logitech MX-518

Cooler:
Arctic Cooling NV-Silencer 5 Rev 3.

Porblems:
No problem with the mouse.
For the cooler, the suplies thermal paste was not of very good quality. I would recommend buying and using your own thermal paste.

Hey do let us know the tems after and before installing the HSF

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

s18000rpm said:
my problem-

Well not geting a good response from any of the resourses. Tell me are you net even getting a boot up. If you can reach the BIOS can you check (though the possibility is remote) if you can change the memory timings.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

oh thanks guys. *smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/curious.gif.

i was so frustrated & sitting sad (m/b+ram thing), but now i feel so much better & happy,
Thanks to you Guys & your Support.*smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/thumbs-up.gif.

i couldn't check the mobo yet. (u know, NO CPU cabinet & oem XP).

but i'll try it 2morow morning, i'm just gonna place this mobo on Table( over Sponge) &see whether its gonna boot-up. (thats Safe, right??? :confused:, i've seen Service Engg. do things like this).

btw, in Corsair forum, in my reply, the user posted these pics.
*img95.imageshack.us/img95/4839/nqbiosdg965whwv8.th.jpg *img95.imageshack.us/img95/7066/bioscustomur8.th.png
BIOS pic, Intel Toolkit Integrator pic.

Source & Download Link-> MemSet + Overclock.net

Last edited:

paul_007

Padawan

hardwares purchased:
p4 2.8 GHz dual core cpu ----> Rs 4280
intel 946 GZIS original mobo ----> Rs 4800
512 MB DDR2 667Mhz RAM ----> Rs 3200
80 GB samsung HDD -------> Rs 2000
XFX 7600 GT , 256 mb ------> Rs 10,200
samsung 18 X dual layer DVD writer ---> Rs 2100
Cabinet ... with exhuast fan and side cooling + 450 W PSU ---> Rs 1150

Place of purchase ...... comnet vision...nehru place...new delhi

no problems with this hardware

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

s18000rpm said:
oh thanks guys. *smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/curious.gif.

i was so frustrated & sitting sad (m/b+ram thing), but now i feel so much better & happy,
Thanks to you Guys & your Support.*smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/thumbs-up.gif.

i couldn't check the mobo yet. (u know, NO CPU cabinet & oem XP).

but i'll try it 2morow morning, i'm just gonna place this mobo on Table( over Sponge) &see whether its gonna boot-up. (thats Safe, right??? :confused:, i've seen Service Engg. do things like this).

btw, in Corsair forum, in my reply, the user posted these pics.
*img95.imageshack.us/img95/4839/nqbiosdg965whwv8.th.jpg *img95.imageshack.us/img95/7066/bioscustomur8.th.png
BIOS pic, Intel Toolkit Integrator pic.

Source & Download Link-> MemSet + Overclock.net

these apps will be no use to you if you cannot get into windows, unless you decide to borrow some ram from someone.

If u wish to try modding bios, try apps like Modbin, cbrom etc..... search for these apps and they will take you places where bios mods are done or tutorials, where u will find appropiate app for your bios.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

@Kniwor, but in this Rebels Haven Computer Forum- BIOS Workshop forum i got this answer...
A few modders have added various things like security, calculator, memtest and such things, but no one has added something to the setup menu that wasn't already hidden in the BIOS. And almost never are working voltage settings hidden; so they can't be unhidden. The standard maximum Vcore settings from the DAC is around 1.55V max. No modder can add an option to have the Vcore or Vdimm go higher then the boards hardware has the ability to do. That is why Vcore and Vdimm mods are everywhere. No modder can lock the pci/agp bus frequency when the chipset doesn't do it to begin with.

anyways, 2morow morning i'll test the new mobo & RAM.

wish me luck guys or better pray for me :).
i just wish these two dont have any major compatibility issues & work fine, atleast for next 6 months. (by that time, there'll be the Nvidia & ATi DX10 chipsets available)

abhipal

Journeyman

s18000rpm said:
Thanks for giving the links sam, i really appriciate it. :)

i have my eyes locked on ASUS Vento 7700.

it has NO Bling-Bling thing in it.:D

i saw Asus models (6-7months back) in Chennai.

one thing's for sure, its gonna be wayyy tooo costly. :( but definetly worth it :D.

if i can get this one, my PC will be the Ultimate in Looks. :D
Asus Vento 3600
*img77.imageshack.us/img77/7313/379lcr2.th.jpg :D

What is the price of VENTO 7700

G

gxsaurav

hmm.....i baught, well...nothing but going to buy soon. A cheap chating dubba in mATX form factor

prasad_den

Padawan

1. Purchase date: 07.01.2007
2. Hardware purchased with price: Transcend TSonic 610 2GB for Rs.3200/-
So far so good...!! Am very happy with the performance..

Top Bottom