** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
512 & 4098 rates are when line is in perfect condition & you are not far from local exchange.493 & 3999 are fine values in this regard.

@music2soul run tracert filehostsite in command prompt & compare the results with another connection(Tata) on same system.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
512 & 4098 rates are when line is in perfect condition & you are not far from local exchange.493 & 3999 are fine values in this regard.

@music2soul run tracert filehostsite in command prompt & compare the results with another connection(Tata) on same system.
The modem also shows achievable rates far higher than these values such as 12xx/16xxx. I live around 3 kms from exchange.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Line rate is simply how much the door is open. It can be opened full, or half, or lesser.
I prefer the door to be fully open :)

Looks like I have to talk to the broadband department in the nearest district centre to understand this. I will do so this week.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
But BSNL never keeps its door fully open for ADSL line. Rather they prefer to close it as much in their legacy of functioning.

harry10

Gadgets freak
So, went to bsnl exchange. Gave application to change to 599 2mbps flat plan. Was told it will be changed by tomorrow itself. Do we receive any sms for plan change ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
People who are on 675 plan or higher, could you please post your line rates for both upstream and downstream?

Mine shows upstream as 493 and downstream as 3999 while I am expecting 512 and 4098 respectively.
I talked to a person known to me in the broadband section. He says that those lines connected tp UTStarcom switches in exchange show the readings similar to mine while those connected to Nokia-Siemens switches show the proper value of 512/4096. He also assures me that there is no difference in the actual speed attained.

razpor

Broken In
I am on bsnl broadband plan 1199,i have never seen speeds above 3 mbps that too on very few occasion.
Youtube works flawlessly(even 720 p at times) but all other sites with streaming component(netflix etc) buffer way too slow and to add to it download speeds are pathetic even with download managers,to make it even worse many downloads show up corrupt after downloaded(while unpacking )
it doesn't end here,torrents work too slow too... some private trackers give good speed but nothing more than 150-180 kB/s (200 kb/s is the most i have seen for a few secs)on a 4mbps connection is nothing to boast about.

Have been trying to make my local exchange guys understand my issue,all they have is "sir speed ka ab kya ho sakta hai" :banghead:

what options do i have??

here are my line stats,they are good making me believe fault is at the exchange but how can i make these morons understand this
*i.imgur.com/6QwbKJV.png?1
*[img]*i.imgur.com/6QwbKJV.png?1

Last edited:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
BSNL updated plans on their website:

*www.bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_less_speed.html
*www.bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_high_speed.html

2Mbps minimum from 599 Rs.
Progress!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am on bsnl broadband plan 1199,i have never seen speeds above 3 mbps that too on very few occasion.
Youtube works flawlessly(even 720 p at times) but all other sites with streaming component(netflix etc) buffer way too slow and to add to it download speeds are pathetic even with download managers,to make it even worse many downloads show up corrupt after downloaded(while unpacking )
it doesn't end here,torrents work too slow too... some private trackers give good speed but nothing more than 150-180 kB/s (200 kb/s is the most i have seen for a few secs)on a 4mbps connection is nothing to boast about.

Have been trying to make my local exchange guys understand my issue,all they have is "sir speed ka ab kya ho sakta hai" :banghead:

what options do i have??

here are my line stats,they are good making me believe fault is at the exchange but how can i make these morons understand this
*i.imgur.com/6QwbKJV.png?1
*[img]*i.imgur.com/6QwbKJV.png?1
Try with another laptop/mobile to rule out any software/system issue.Also try downloading something from microsoft site(some big setup like
Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7 which is 1.7gb iso file) using jdownloader 2.If same result then ask local exchange people whether they have set the speed at 4mbps for your connection's DSLAM port at local exchange.

harry10

Gadgets freak
BSNL updated plans on their website:

*www.bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_less_speed.html
*www.bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_high_speed.html

2Mbps minimum from 599 Rs.
Progress!
Indeed. I hope soon they give a 4mbps unlimited as well for like 899 or something.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
As per the current plan setup, there will not be 4mbps flat as it will make other higher end plans obsolete.

Better to stick with 675 as they may give no-fup offer in coming months also.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi, iam currently using BBG combo ULD 945 plan and which is supposed to be now 4 Mbps minimum until 20GB. I am still getting the old speed of 2Mbps when the plan was launched (as per my checking multiple times on speedtest) Is there any way to verify and rectify this?
Also, as per the bsnl website there is a new plan called BBG combo ULD 999 plan. Can someone help me with major difference in these plans. Talking to BSNL CC was not helpful at all.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
BBG Combo ULD 945**
Upto 4 Mbps till 20 GB, Upto 2 Mbps beyond

BBG Combo ULD 999@

Upto 4Mbps till 30 GB, upto 2 Mbps beyond

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
BBG Combo ULD 945**
Upto 4 Mbps till 20 GB, Upto 2 Mbps beyond

BBG Combo ULD 999@

Upto 4Mbps till 30 GB, upto 2 Mbps beyond
I got the speed part. I wanted to know more about monthly charges and landline rates/ free calls etc. We still use landline a lot.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you suggest how to check this?. I am not using Bsnl modem. I am using tp link td-w896 nd Wi-Fi router

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk
In any modem just see the status/line status page & see the line rates(upstream for upload,downstream for download). Also BSNL local exchange people need to set your DSLAM port(an instrument connected to your phone line at local exchange which then connects to broadband backbone network) speed also to 4mbps(in many places they are still set to 2mbps) if they haven't already done it.

Top Bottom