** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
So, I stumbled upon a page by my bsnl ssa in which whole customers' details of this ssa was given. Including mobile phone numbers and addresses. I guess this is some internal page which was indexed by Google. Mailed ssa sde. Hope they take it down.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
*s16.postimg.org/k6x80onbp/screenshot-www.bsnl.co.in-2017-04-14-06-06-31.png
*s16.postimg.org/vle7t7oed/screenshot-www.newstelecom.info-2017-04-14-06-05.png*postimage.io/*certificity.com

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Anyone getting the increased 4mbps speed?
I am still getting 2mbps. Complained in cc.
That might be because they have a speed cap in your area. It is same in my place too. A year or so back, I switched to 4Mbps plan and always got ~1.7Mbps. Complained it online and also to the local branch; asked them to remove the cap. They didn't bother to do so. Had to switch back to another plan as I was paying extra for nothing.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
They increased the speed after complaining. Already used 11Gb though. So only 9 more 4mbps data for me. ;(

schizophrenic

Broken In
hi,
does anyone know about *www.bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BBG_ULD_1199.html this plan? doesnot seem to appear on the selfcare portal

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Well,Folks I haven't left BSNL fully for now,even after switching over to ALLIANCE BROADBAND (Cable Broadband,Kolkata)network service.
I just went to the local BSNL exchange office and surrendered the Broadband connection only,but keeping back the voice/telephone landline.
It is under General India Plan.
I have the option to revert back to BSNL if anything FEASIBLE occurs relating to BROADBAND bandwidth + cost,and surrendering the cable broadband.

For this decision I am really Thankful to @topgear & @whitestar_999 ,for their valuable advice ,whenever I intended to switch from BSNL to Cable Broadband services,a year or two ago,as discussing in this Forum.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Any one else having trouble downloading torrents on BSNL broadband? I have the 2mbps unlimited plan and I'm getting abysmal sppeds on all torrents. Normal downloads using IDM are working fine.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
I did that. It's not a problem with a particular torrent, I have tried various healthy torrents with good amount of seeds.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Any one else having trouble downloading torrents on BSNL broadband? I have the 2mbps unlimited plan and I'm getting abysmal sppeds on all torrents. Normal downloads using IDM are working fine.

Use forced encryption if you are not using it already.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forced encryption is not necessary & may even result in further reduction of speeds.What you should do is "optional encryption"(encryption for your outgoing data but allow incoming data encrypted as well as non-encrypted) meaning those who want to use encryption can connect to your torrent client using encrypted data stream while those who don't want to use encryption can also connect to your torrent client."Forced encryption" means only those who also use "forced encryption" setting in their torrent client can connect to you & that number will always be lower than those who don't use "forced encryption" in their torrent client.

Also try some latest linux torrent using a different torrent client like tixati or utorrent(older 2.2.1 version,just google it).

Top Bottom