Phone for dad at about ₹30k

Which phone should be considered for 30k?

• Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro

• Moto Z2 Play

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (Refurbished)

• All of them are bad

• Something else

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • LG V20

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. Budget?
₹32k max

2. Display type and size?
Minimum 5.5" 1080p

3. Dual sim?
Yes, must with min. 32GB storage in case of hybrid slot

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Anything other than Chinese companies.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Good rear camera. Are there any options with OIS?

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Internet, calls, camera (no gaming). Camera & battery life gets highest priority.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Samsung C7 Pro, C9 Pro, Moto Z2 Play

10. Any other info that you want to share
Don't suggest Honor 8 Pro or Oneplus 5. Even though my dad wants a great rear camera, he doesn't want a Chinese phone (due to lower brand value, I won't let him buy Apple :p).

His current phone is Lenovo Vibe X3 which was a great phone for 20k about 2 years ago, so the new phone must be better than it in almost all respects (except audio quality, which I don't think any top phone can match as it has one of the loudest dual speaker setup i heard, even louder than HTC One M8)

Also how is this: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - N9208 || DUOS || 32GB || 4GB || 5.7" ||16MP 5MP|| Gold | eBay
How good are refurbished phones? Has anyone bought one?

I'm trying to convince him to increase budget & buy LG G6, if that happens no worries.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Moto is also Chinese and anything non-Chinese in your budget is not worth it.
LG has history of sudden mobo death since G3.
I would've waited for Moto G5s (rumored to have dual back cameras).

PS: Not that I'm recommending it or anything but iPhone SE 32 GB is going for around 160$ in US and 26k for here. Source:

Last edited:
OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
My dad needs a 5.5" screen minimum.

I know Moto is Chinese but he's kind of ok with it as it was American once. I can wait for a month at max, so I hope G5S gets launched in India by next month with a 5.5" display instead of 5.2" as G5.

Seeing the good reviews of LG G6, I'm personally inclined towards G6. I can just hope LG would have fixed the bootloop issue. My friend's G4 faced that issue but was repaired by LG for free. V20 had very few reported issues compared to G4 & V10, even G5 (even for G4 it was a very small number of people who faced it). Also those were said to have been caused by faulty charging cable.

BTW I found V20 for 33k. How would that be? Seems good to me except for battery life

Minion

Conversation Architect
LG V20 is available for 32k and still a good device but battery is letdown You can also consider zenfone 3 for its camera and build quality and is way cheaper now

Last edited:
OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
After showing all options to my dad he selected Samsung C7 Pro, due to battery life, cost & brand value. He liked G6 but decided not to spend 12k extra. V20 was rejected due to battery life. OP 3T/5 & Honor 8 Pro were rejected due to brand.

Top Bottom