Official iOS devices thread

Re: iPhone3G owners discussion thread

Just so you know, Apple will replace either the phone or the defective part if a crack develops within the first year of purchase. So he doesn’t need the black model just to hide the cracks. :)
but what would he do after the first year ? swat flies ?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

That’s the standard warranty on almost all consumer electronic goods. It’s assumed that if the product worked just fine for a whole year from the date of purchase, there wasn’t any manufacturing defect in it. After the first year is up, you’re pretty much on your own. Apple does, however, offer warranty extension of up to two years (from the date of purchase) for an additional fee.

gauravsuneja

macaddict

is there any opera available for iphone too?
how do u transfer file if u download some games or application s from net to be installed on iphone .can it be done via bluetooth? where teh installable programs reach first .like in nokia it reaches like an sms in inbox with a tag of bleutooth
do u need data cable for iphone to tansfer application and mp3 or videos to iphone from pc

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

is there any opera available for iphone too?
Dude, it has Safari. What would you need Opera for? And no, it’s not.

how do u transfer file if u download some games or application s from net to be installed on iphone .can it be done via bluetooth?
No, you need to use the included data/charging cable.

where teh installable programs reach first .like in nokia it reaches like an sms in inbox with a tag of bleutooth
You either download them directly on the phone (over EDGE or Wi-Fi) or download them in iTunes on your computer and sync the phone. They show up on the home screen.

gauravsuneja

macaddict

thanks
so what is the function of inbuilt bluetooth then?

Last edited:
OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

@Aryayush

Congrats on the smokingapples initiative.

After a long gap (may be 12 yrs) this is the first device of apple i am using. I am truly amazed that they have still got the ability to create hypes on the look and feel of their prodct. I really remember Mac's impression in the MS DOS/Win 3.11 era.

superczar

-n00b-

iMav and other guys, please don't turn this into one of those countless anything-Apple-needs-bashing threads

Back to topc, Am looking for a notes app that can synce notes from my PC
Evernote works, but since it does not store the notes locally, It's a pain waiting for the notes to be fetched esp. when in a weak signal area
Any good alternative apps?

Also, did anyone get Cro-Mag racer and/or Crash Bandicoot
Wondering which racing game to plonk my money on

Offtopic again, Arya, IIRC, you weren't a big fan of the iPhone last time I was arnd here on these forums, what happened in the interim ;)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Hi friends.

At first I welcome all who purchased iPhone3G in india.

I have also got one 16 GB model (white) from AirTel. Believe me, the interface is really addictive. Nothing can be compared to the marvelous interface of this phone.

I would like to discuss all issues regarding the phone in this thread.

And for god's sake, please don't post comparisons with other handsets like N96, HTC etc. I am bored discussing those. Also no debate in pricing of this set. After all, good things obviously comes with a price.

Hope to hear more from you guys.
Wow dats gr8....:D
Have u installed the cool apps & games ..such as super monkey ball & krash bandicoot 3D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

iMav and other guys, please don't turn this into one of those countless anything-Apple-needs-bashing threads
I hope you are aware of the Official Apple thread on the forum. I am referring to that thread, as the thread starter said this thread is for post purchase discussion.

Also, did anyone get Cro-Mag racer and/or Crash Bandicoot
Wondering which racing game to plonk my money on

Offtopic again, Arya, IIRC, you weren't a big fan of the iPhone last time I was arnd here on these forums, what happened in the interim ;)

Both games are quite good for a phone.3D graphics are commendable.Get CBNC,cro-mag is not worth that money.
Get teleport too.You can control your Mac or PC from anywhere in the world and get a full screen preview of you Mac or PC and with full control.You can launch apps,put your computer on download and do all kinda stuff you'd ever want to do when you are away from it.
Supermonkey Ball is also a must!

Just so you know, Apple will replace either the phone or the defective part if a crack develops within the first year of purchase. So he doesn’t need the black model just to hide the cracks. :)
The chrome Apple logo had 2 scratches when I got it.Actually,I didn't buy it.My Dad bought it without seeing and trying it properly.Can I get the back replaced or should I carry on with it as it is?Plastic back is a scratch magnet and is bound to get scratched over time as I don't prefer using a case and spoil the awesome looks of the iPhone.But I put the case on before placing it on any dusty hard surfaces like my comp table:D
I must say the aluminium back is much better than plastic one.It's scratch resistant and looks better.

BTW I own a 16GB White iPhone 3G.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Uh… you must have me confused with someone else. I, not a fan of the iPhone!? :lol:

I was against buying it unofficially from the U.S.A. due to the warranty thing but Milind bought one in front of me and I just couldn’t resist after that. And I’m so glad I bought it. :D

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

I am trying out various free apps from iTunes store right now.

Labyrinth LE and Audi A4 are my favorites till date.

My 8yrs old daughter loves games like iDoodle 2 and Bubbles.

Also Cannonfire is a much loved game (I used to play it in the Win95 days).

I am thinking of buying some games too. Any suggestions?

goobimama

 Macboy

From what I hear, Billy Frontier is supposed to be a really neat game.

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Today I have tried one paid app - Koi Pond

Its simulates a real pond... with fish. When u touch the water, ripples appear abd the fish goes away from your fingure. A real visual treat :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

^^ Is that all that the app does? How much does it cost?

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Its 0.99$

This app simply gives a demo of the power of graphics, and all the sensors built into the iPhone.

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

I have also tried MagicPad. A 3.99$ application which is basically a notepad with copy-cut-paste abilities. It also allow font change, size change and attribute change of the text (rich text editing).

*magicpad.proximi.com

Top Bottom