Official Android discussion thread

dreams

Gracias Senor
I am getting it from Canada Telus. Without contract, I believe it was declared for 500C$

Sure, wil post my experience.

3GS rocks and I bought it only for the touch UI.

Hey guys, I want to restore my Hero to original ROM without any recovery or MoDaCo or anything. Any help? Can't get much help on google.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Did you perform nandroid backup before flashing? If not its gotta be difficult finding the OEM ROM.

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Yes, iPhone 3GS is a fantastic device too bad it can't be modded.
Thats not true mate! There is a very active hacking community for iPhone..

Btw, currently using Super D 1.8 (yes, back to donut again), but will flash king's Hero Eclair rom today..It has multi-touch support in browser, maps and gallery app :)

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Never been much into iPhone :). I thought JB was the only thing that you can do on that device.

BTW I have tried that ROM; it was FAST :shock:!!!! The only gripe I had was I couldn't configure my Exchange mail account on it. Otherwise the ROM was good.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I feel the Urge to move to Eclair. Might do so soon. There are ROM;s fopr 31A right? And Sunny you can download the official OEM ROM from HTC's site can't you ?

Oh can I? I haven't been able to access HTC site lately. Gotta call AirTel about it. I think they've blocked the site or something.
Lucky you guys. Hero has only MoDaCo ROM. :(

ksundar

Broken In
'Incredible' news:

Just htc incredible is spotted!

*i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq156/ksundar/htc_incredible.jpg

Specs are still speculative!

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Bad news!!!! Delivery expected tomorrow 2000 hours :(

Keep us updated dude. BTW brand new HTC Hero is available for 25 grand in Mumbai!

I feel the Urge to move to Eclair. Might do so soon. There are ROM;s fopr 31A right? And Sunny you can download the official OEM ROM from HTC's site can't you ?

For 32B, plethora of Eclair ROMs are available. I have not done much of a Googling for 32A. I am sure the same may true for 32A boards too. I have used this xROM Eclair build for 32B and found it impressive. Give it a shot if you like.

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624075

Lucky you guys. Hero has only MoDaCo ROM. :(

I am sure ROMs are available for Hero too. Since we dont own it we haven't done much of a research on it. Check out this Eclair build for Hero. Do a proper research before flashing since it requires you to flash the SPL.

*android.modaco.com/content/htc-her...-2-1-r4-for-gsm-hero-now-with-online-kitchen/

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor
Keep us updated dude. BTW brand new HTC Hero is available for 25 grand in Mumbai!
My bad..This phone was purchased last year and took this time in sending it here. My sis had no time in shippin it here.

BTW, In mumbai, is it frm grey market?

Pat

Beyond Smart
New breakthrough for G1/MT3G owners, Eugene has managed to overclock the processor to 780 MHz and its running stable on MT3G atleast (Will try out on G1)! There is a ROM for G1 already that utilizes this hack, trying it out currently :)

dreams

Gracias Senor
Update: Received the phone today morning. Waiting to reach home and examine. Keeping fingers crossed.

dreams

Gracias Senor
New Update: Went open and saw the beauty. Gorgeous. Connected everything and powered it, saw the cute animation on Hero logo :) Gud.
Was using AirTel sim and the welcome screen was to unlock it. After much hiatus, decided to shell out some euros in unlock-now.com and voila, within 10 minutes the code reaches me.
Used the code and successful. Cant wait to setup all accounts, so skipped all. UI is somewat cluttered, and more was the menu. UI is slightly lagging for touch, maybe, first use. Need to full explore.
Accessories supplied silicon base case, 3.5mm HP. Gud for a start.
Is there a stylus for this?
Stock music was played and it was okish. Not much of a sound output, may be due to the case, but it had opening in the speaker hole. Will use my songs and videos and let u ppl know.
2GB SD was accompanied with the Hero. No time to completely explore, so give me some time and will let u knw.
Thanks.

Top Bottom