Official Android discussion thread

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Why not use Google Contacts Sync??

Edit : You have to use selective restore. Don't restore All system related apps when changing ROMs especially when they are of different Android Versions and Different Flavors.

Last edited:

insaneYLN

In the zone
Alternative app(s) to substitute default Contacts app on CyanogenMod 9

System service with useful data? What is this???
@amit.tiger12, System service with useful data in Titanium Backup is an entry marked with green colour. I have provided suitable illustrations below.

*i.imgur.com/WgaXwu6.png

*i.imgur.com/EMP1RnU.png

I don't understand why you want to replace default contact app (cyanogen contact app)? Its really good.
@amit.tiger12, I understand "replace" was an inappropriate word. However, I want to use a contacts app to substitute the default CyanogenMod 9 one, because the default app does not have a provision to add/save contact entries to the phone storage. The default app only allows contact entries to be added/saved to a Google account.

Summarily, I would like suggestions/recommendations for contacts app(s) that will fulfill two prime requisites -
  1. Restore contacts data primarily from Titanium Backup.
  2. Store new contact entries to the phone storage.

He wants all of his contacts ;)
@sling-shot, yes sir, indeed!

Don't restore All system related apps when changing ROMs especially when they are of different Android Versions and Different Flavors.
@ariftwister, I always exercise great caution not to restore a System service / Application + Data (system) entry.

A

amit.tiger12

@amit.tiger12, System service with useful data in Titanium Backup is an entry marked with green colour. I have provided suitable illustrations below.

*i.imgur.com/WgaXwu6.png

*i.imgur.com/EMP1RnU.png

@amit.tiger12, I understand "replace" was an inappropriate word. However, I want to use a contacts app to substitute the default CyanogenMod 9 one, because the default app does not have a provision to add/save contact entries to the phone storage. The default app only allows contact entries to be added/saved to a Google account.

Summarily, I would like suggestions/recommendations for contacts app(s) that will fulfill two prime requisites -
  1. Restore contacts data primarily from Titanium Backup.
  2. Store new contact entries to the phone storage.

[MENTION=89911]insaneYLN[/MENTION]

Ok .. You were explaining "system service.."
I thought it was command or backup you did.

Cm contact app directly saves to google even when net is off.. Kidding..
And that's something pretty good, we all lost contacts often. It's best way to sync with google.. It's better than having backup app taking backup everytime.

Contact apps have limited feature, you will not find any app for that restore.
Besides that you can manually do it. File manager, extracting contact's backup files from sd card and copying it to system. This might help you without using titanium backup.

Storing in phone storage, for that apps are contact+, go contacts etc etc try google search, don't know much.

Other than that, please make sure you really did backup for "contact storage" and "phone storage". With file manager extract zip file or check xml file or etc and check for contacts.
There are lot of method to convert from extracted zip or xml files to csv, vcf formats which can be easily imported to phone storage, using different apps.
So let me know if you can see contacts in contact storage phone storage backups. Reply asap.

If you took backup of all apps including system.. Then try only this restoring..
1. Call logs Backup
2. Contacts
3. Contacts Storage
4. Dialer
5. Google contacts Sync
6. Phone/Messaging Storage (SMS/MMS/APN)

3 & 6 are storage, other than that you will find it useful.
Reply asap.

Last edited by a moderator:

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys, I recently moved to Sony Stock LP (5.1.1) from KK (4.4.4). The thing I hate is that, when the screen turns off after screen timeout, it just turns off without dimming the screen. This is so annoying because I never know when its going to turn off. How Can i get the dimming back? I have rooted and xposed installed. So any solution is welcome.

A

amit.tiger12

Guys, I recently moved to Sony Stock LP (5.1.1) from KK (4.4.4). The thing I hate is that, when the screen turns off after screen timeout, it just turns off without dimming the screen. This is so annoying because I never know when its going to turn off. How Can i get the dimming back? I have rooted and xposed installed. So any solution is welcome.
Turn off any smart standby feature or related to display. You will get back to normal dim light.

A

amit.tiger12

I tried turning off Sony's Stamina Mode but still i dont get back the Dim. I think this issue is with Sony's LP firmware.

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk
See something related to display or screen timeout, search everywhere in setting. Which keep your device awake.
Adaptive brightness

Will HTC M10 come to indian market? Or just like the case with M9, they might launch an alternate version? M9+ was a crap device with crappy Chinese made processor and its software was buggy too

A

amit.tiger12

You are damn right. Its Adaptive brightness. But after turning off, I kinda miss it. Its like Auto Brightness.
Auto brightness is good thing but sensors drain battery fast. So its best to adjust brightness manually.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Alternative app(s) to substitute default Contacts app on CyanogenMod 9

@insaneYLN

Ok .. You were explaining "system service.."
I thought it was command or backup you did.

Cm contact app directly saves to google even when net is off.. Kidding..
And that's something pretty good, we all lost contacts often. It's best way to sync with google.. It's better than having backup app taking backup everytime.

Contact apps have limited feature, you will not find any app for that restore.
Besides that you can manually do it. File manager, extracting contact's backup files from sd card and copying it to system. This might help you without using titanium backup.

Storing in phone storage, for that apps are contact+, go contacts etc etc try google search, don't know much.

Other than that, please make sure you really did backup for "contact storage" and "phone storage". With file manager extract zip file or check xml file or etc and check for contacts.
There are lot of method to convert from extracted zip or xml files to csv, vcf formats which can be easily imported to phone storage, using different apps.
So let me know if you can see contacts in contact storage phone storage backups. Reply asap.

If you took backup of all apps including system.. Then try only this restoring..
1. Call logs Backup
2. Contacts
3. Contacts Storage
4. Dialer
5. Google contacts Sync
6. Phone/Messaging Storage (SMS/MMS/APN)

3 & 6 are storage, other than that you will find it useful.
Reply asap.
@amit.tiger12, firstly, I apologise for the rather late response, but I was absorbed in various commitments. Concurrently, thank you for the suggestions and continued assistance.

I will strive to give the suggested apps a try in due time, particularly Contacts+. Can contacts data; previously backed up on Titanium Backup be restored to Contacts+?
Alternatively, I will also endeavour to extract relevant data from the NANDroid backup of the previous custom TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware and hope the denouement comes to fruition.

I will keep you in the loop. Nonetheless, your help and advise are earnestly appreciated.

A

amit.tiger12

Re: Alternative app(s) to substitute default Contacts app on CyanogenMod 9

@amit.tiger12, firstly, I apologise for the rather late response, but I was absorbed in various commitments. Concurrently, thank you for the suggestions and continued assistance.

I will strive to give the suggested apps a try in due time, particularly Contacts+. Can contacts data; previously backed up on Titanium Backup be restored to Contacts+?
Alternatively, I will also endeavour to extract relevant data from the NANDroid backup of the previous custom TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware and hope the denouement comes to fruition.

I will keep you in the loop. Nonetheless, your help and advise are earnestly appreciated.
No you can't restore other apps backup to other apps using titanium. You can extract backup of titanium and try it importing manually from app or app's data folder in system.

sohan_92

In the zone
Can anyone suggest a neat guide to root Samsung grand prime? And what factors should I consider before rooting the phone?

P.S - I have already googled but I want suggestions from digitians who have done it.

A

amit.tiger12

Can anyone suggest a neat guide to root Samsung grand prime? And what factors should I consider before rooting the phone?

P.S - I have already googled but I want suggestions from digitians who have done it.

I need this too!!

Try KingRoot app, from their official website, it supports most devices available easy to root and unroot from device itself. If you just want to root your device use kingroot. For custom recovery rom kernel you have to root from computer using available method, search xda for that..

insaneYLN

In the zone

You can extract backup of titanium and try it importing manually from app or app's data folder in system.
@amit.tiger12, could you kindly guide me with the gradual process? I experimented with the Contacts+ app, and am highly enamoured by its features.

A

amit.tiger12

@amit.tiger12, could you kindly guide me with the gradual process? I experimented with the Contacts+ app, and am highly enamoured by its features.

Ohhkk. Link broken with what we were discussing, long time ago.
Still what kind of help you want.
Btw got your contacts back???

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Sony launches Xperia X and Xperia XA in India - GSMArena.com news

Sony going full retard with the pricing :rofl:

Should've been 20k and 8k max instead of 49k and 21k for Xperia X and XA respectively.

Asus announces ZenFone 3, ZenFone 3 Deluxe, and ZenFone 3 Ultra - GSMArena.com news

Asus, drop that naming scheme -_- and for once, launch a compact 5" phone with proper hardware.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Sony launches Xperia X and Xperia XA in India - GSMArena.com news

Sony going full retard with the pricing :rofl:

Should've been 20k and 8k max instead of 49k and 21k for Xperia X and XA respectively.

Asus announces ZenFone 3, ZenFone 3 Deluxe, and ZenFone 3 Ultra - GSMArena.com news

Asus, drop that naming scheme -_- and for once, launch a compact 5" phone with proper hardware.
I don't get it, anyone with little common sense will understand that at these prices the phone will flop.. why even release it..

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom