Official Android discussion thread

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
How much does N1 cost anna?? Desire looks bland, yet that looks like a good VFM option.

Don't go for N1. no support in India and it had too many issues earlier (not sure how it is and it is not at all doing well inUSA). Desire is N1 without google branding, with better UI (sense UI) and FM Radio

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
All the issues have been resolved with custom kernels. It is supported by local gray market dealers in terms of repair etc.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Go get it kalpik! I have been on HTC Magic (UK piece) since Nov. 2009 and running on community ROMs. Absolutely no problem whatsoever.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
All the issues have been resolved with custom kernels. It is supported by local gray market dealers in terms of repair etc.

sounds good. btw, have to dig xda-developers for custom Legend kernels. I want to try out Legend without Sense UI and see how the vanilla 2.1 looks. :)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Yay Kalpik be buying a phone!!!! Dibs on the older phone btw :)

That aside I would have still waited for the Desire if my older phone was still in good shape . But its your preference if you are happy with the N1 then go for it!

kalpik

Yay Kalpik be buying a phone!!!! Dibs on the older phone btw :)

That aside I would have still waited for the Desire if my older phone was still in good shape . But its your preference if you are happy with the N1 then go for it!
Desire will always have issues with updates :(

kalpik

^^ Same issues with updates.. Only Nexus One is a "Google Experience" phone.. Anyway, went to Gaffar Market today, availability was an issue.. There were only 2-3 sets in the market and they looked very old! One dealer said fresh stock will arrive today by 7-8 PM. Will call him and then if the stock is there, will go tomorrow!

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
N1 phones are available here dime a dozen :). BTW bits of Froyo has already been made available on N1. Thanks to Cyanogen...again. IMO buy a phone which Cyanogen owns and be rest assured of life time of updates:wink:.

kalpik

Thanks! Are the sets sealed or are they open? I've herd the gray market sets are sold open.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
You can ask for sealed boxes thats not a problem; I have seen both.

In fact you can bargain (500 bucks or so) for opened boxes. Once you power up the phone do a factory reset and thats it Android's startup script will start all over again. But then all this depends upon your comfort level.

Guys if all the chatter at XDA is to be believed; Magic users can get Froyo update sooner than expected :)!

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686105

kalpik

Just ordered Nexus One through ebay.. The seller was a power seller and sounded pretty convincing.. Will get a sealed set! YAY! :D

kalpik

It should arrive by Friday or Saturday.. Will keep you guys informed.. Heh.. This would make me the first person on this forum with a froyo phone :D

Top Bottom