rish1

Cyborg Agent
Are those prices confirmed?
coz, Nokia X is announced at an approx of 89EUR (~7.5k)

taxes are higher in Europe..
in vietnam Nokia X was listed for 110$ whereas lumia 525 Sells for 160 $ ( 10,000 similar price in India )

also there was leaked information stating Nokia X will be released for Rs 6500 and will be followed by a massive Marketing campaign during IPL

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
If Nokia X is manufactured in India (Chennai), then I guess it could escape the excise duty bringing the cost down but not much.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
^ If you mean first time smartphone users then Nokia X/X+ or Lumia 520 is a good start for the respective OSs.

moniker

Broken In
The clincher should be the elusive soc. If it's a dual core krait or snapdragon 400 then that and 768 MB of RAM is quite decent for a sub 10k phone.

If it gets popular enough then the forked software and inability to access Google services wouldn't matter. Just replace the recovery and flash gapps! Sure devs can do it, it has been done for kindle fire. Though it remains to be seen how open Nokia would be to share proprietary libs for camera, Bluetooth etc to enable devs to compile from pure AOSP source.

satinder

DELHIITE
Thanks for opening this thread !
This is my bookmark now !
I hope I will soon have these in my hands !
I will like to have this for Myself and Family too !

Nokia X
Nokia X Dual SIM - Affordable dual SIM smartphone with Android apps - Nokia - India

Nokia X+
Nokia X+ Dual SIM - Affordable dual SIM smartphone with Android apps - Nokia - India

Nokia XL
Nokia XL Dual SIM - Affordable dual SIM smartphone with Android apps - Nokia - India

Last edited:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
The clincher should be the elusive soc. If it's a dual core krait or snapdragon 400 then that and 768 MB of RAM is quite decent for a sub 10k phone.

If it gets popular enough then the forked software and inability to access Google services wouldn't matter. Just replace the recovery and flash gapps! Sure devs can do it, it has been done for kindle fire. Though it remains to be seen how open Nokia would be to share proprietary libs for camera, Bluetooth etc to enable devs to compile from pure AOSP source.

The soc is nothing great,, it is dual core cortex A5 with Adreno 203 same as galaxy core

but for this price range it is good enough.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Oh! Same chip on all 3 phones?

Yes on all 3 chipset is the same..

The thing is Nokia is aiming to price these Below Lumia series.. That is why they used an older SOC whereas the newer Snapdragon 200 with cortex A7 wouldn't have been cost effective..

and there will be more Nokia X like Devices released this year..

Nokia talks about the X release regions, and expanding the family

also keep in mind Lumia 520 is an exception where it was Sold at loss/No profit to gain Market share for windows..

they would be making some Money with this device

ashusood331

Broken In
Many people are taking the new Android-based smartphone Nokia X has a horrible interface which is prone to slow response and lags while operating its important features. Nokia has not disappointed consumers with its smartphone & basic models but yes cannot ignore the fact that new technology can be beaten due to its less competitive features whose example is this Nokia X, X+ & XL
The reviews shows:
- the slow response occurs when lot of apps are run on the device which makes it operating bit slow
- when the android version fails to response to multiple tasks opened.
- The UI is slow as compare to other Nokia models example: Asha series
- the plastic body makes it a poor response as compare to Nokia better models

The more the multi-tasking the more the phone will lag & show slow response. As the Nokia Lumia 520 is not much expensive then the Nokia X smartphone but I believe that Nokia could easily offer a cheaper Windows Phone device if the Android version is not resulting in good reviews.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Many people are taking the new Android-based smartphone Nokia X has a horrible interface which is prone to slow response and lags while operating its important features. Nokia has not disappointed consumers with its smartphone & basic models but yes cannot ignore the fact that new technology can be beaten due to its less competitive features whose example is this Nokia X, X+ & XL
The reviews shows:
- the slow response occurs when lot of apps are run on the device which makes it operating bit slow

The more the multi-tasking the more the phone will lag & show slow response. As the Nokia Lumia 520 is not much expensive then the Nokia X smartphone but I believe that Nokia could easily offer a cheaper Windows Phone device if the Android version is not resulting in good reviews.

All I could make out from readingyour post twice is that you are referring to multi tasking and its slow.

FYI, multi tasking in mid and low end droids are expected to face such issues and its not Nokia as a company or their Android adaption that has anything to do with it but the h/w itself. Droids are spec hungry when it comes to multi tasking and its accepted universally.

moniker

Broken In
Cortex A5. Epic fail. When will this crap ever die? Just when I thought I have seen the last of the android phones having this, out comes Nokia with the very dreaded soc. :facepalm:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Read that these X series lags very much..

The reviews shows:

Yes it will lag because it is still on jellybean.. once it gets the kitkat flavour it won't lag and low ram and weak cpu won't matter that much...

As far as i know Nokia is the best Brand till date that has been the very best With supporting Devices with updates ..Nokia is still the king with updates..

Android 4.4 will make it fluid and smooth with no lag. ICS and Jelly bean are very specs hungry
unless you have a decent quad core with 1 gb ram ( moto G ) it will lag and be slow..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cortex A5. Epic fail. When will this crap ever die? Just when I thought I have seen the last of the android phones having this, out comes Nokia with the very dreaded soc. :facepalm:
This.

There were so many people who purchased Cortex-A5 devices back then and then complain about Android being laggy and ****.

blackpearl

The Devil
This is nothing but disappointment. People want a Lumia like phone but running true Android, not some Android-Windows amalgamation on crap hardware. This is not the Nokia-Android phone people were dreaming about.

Top Bottom