New PC in 7 years!! :D Help needed to finalize a config.

Launch of Trinity seems far but buying a PC is a necessity. I want 2 PC's. What should I do?

• Buy a low budget PC and wait for Trinity (which would be my primary PC later)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Forget Trinity. Buy an Intel rig now, and upgrade to GFX next month.

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Call up the repair guy, repair my Pen 4, and wait for Trinity.

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Trinity is launching on November 22. Just got an invite for the launch. Should be in markets after that. There you go Mr 7 years in Tibet.
Well. I would have to wait to buy Trinity now. I would just say bad luck for me. :|
btw u didn't buy from PC shops in Delhi?
I tried to. But AMD mobo are difficult to get in market. Specially this one was. Even quality PSU are rare. And if its available, its costly.
@ op
Why are you after Trinity? Any specific purpose?
You need a powerful workhorse or a not so expensive balanced multimedia rig??
I need an all rounder within a budget.

Meanwhile following are some benchmarks/technical specifications of my mobo Gigabyte E350N with AMD E350 processor and AMD Radeon HD 6300 Graphics onboard GPU.

*i.imgur.com/msDiv.png

*i.imgur.com/Wm2Ly.png

*i.imgur.com/UlYn2.png

*i.imgur.com/TCaBf.png

*i.imgur.com/Eo3nq.png

3D Mark 06 Score: *www.3dmark.com/3dm06/16994980

*i.imgur.com/1tR8U.png

3D Mark Vantage result: *www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4408020

*i.imgur.com/4lM3h.png

Couldn't calculate real world benchmark cause haven't installed much games. But while playing Black Mesa, FRAPS reported around 20-30 fps on 1024 x 800 res, and around 40-50 on 800 x 600 fps.

icebags

Technomancer
good job with benchmarks. :) and how does it feel while using it for daily usage ? office docs like multiple sheets of odt/doc/xls/mail/internet browsers etc ?

Top Bottom