New Motherboard and Proccy - suggestions please!

OP
K

kageiit

Broken In
can you please recommend what fans I can purchase for a reasonable price . please give me both LED and non LED options. also what is the reputation of Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm Blue LED 1200 / 2000 rpm fans . is higher rpm always better?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can you please recommend what fans I can purchase for a reasonable price . please give me both LED and non LED options. also what is the reputation of Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm Blue LED 1200 / 2000 rpm fans . is higher rpm always better?

if you don't OC lot and your pc temperature just above normal, add 2 CM fans. costing around 250 for non-LED & 450 for LED. another good option is Xigmatek fans (if you like white or Orange fan). they do their job well. cost same as CM fans. good point. they one of most silent fans around. for best job, get Delta fan or Scythe fan. costing 700-900 bucks. but they worth every penny.

Piyush

Lanaya
if you don't OC lot and your pc temperature just above normal, add 2 CM fans. costing around 250 for non-LED & 450 for LED. another good option is Xigmatek fans (if you like white or Orange fan). they do their job well. cost same as CM fans. good point. they one of most silent fans around. for best job, get Delta fan or Scythe fan. costing 700-900 bucks. but they worth every penny.
at SMC they cost 50 less for LED and non LED
CM Excalibur is beast performer

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
i have my reservations about 955BE stock HSF. One more user reported about high sound/noise. 965BE or X6 1055T should be better.

count me too.... my stock hsf really makes one hell of a noise.... especially while encoding videos.... but don't have the required money to go for cm hyper n520(all gone to get the rig & nokia 5230):)....

OP
K

kageiit

Broken In
Hey guys,

Just bought the following components

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition - 7.4k

Motherboard: MSI 890GXM-G65 - 7k

Power Supply: Corsair VX 450W - 3.5k

Case Fans: 2 x Cooler Master Sickleflow 2000rpm, 90 CFM Red LED Fans - 1k

Total - 18.9k + 5% vat = 20k

Pretty sweet deal!!

I initially wanted to upgrade only my CPU, which meant getting a new mobo to support the CPU, then new RAM to support the mobo, new RAM to support the mobo LOL :shock: !!

Just waiting for the RAM to arrive along with my friend from Canada. Will be getting a case soon maybe NZXT Gamma (if available in kolkata) or else a CM Elite 310. Overall I just almost rebuilt my computer, which I wasnt expecting :smile:!

Btw I bought everything from Binary World, Bangalore. They give better prices than any shop on SP Road!!

Their website is www.bwindia.net

Initially some prices were higher, like corsair 450vx was priced 3.7 without tax, I told them TheITWares -TheITwares Ecommerce was offering same item at same price with tax. they immediately updated price to 3.5k. Similarly with MSI board, lynx-india was offering at 7k while they were offering at 7.4k , again I brought it to their notice and voila, the gave at same price as lynx-india. Also 955 BE is priced at 7.4k which is the cheapest anywhere. Also all parts were brand new manufactured/imported in last 2-3 months.

They are very honest and take positive feedback from customers and give competitive prices. If you find any item cheaper on any Indian website, just tell them and price will be matched or even lowered :smile:!! Especially useful for people in Bangalore. Hope this info helps!!

They also deliver to anywhere in India and their catalog is simply amazing! much more stuff and variety than other sites I have browsed till now. Do give them a try next time you buy something :smile:

Anyways a thousand thanks to everyone who helped me in making choices and giving me suggestions. I couldnt have done it without you!!

P.S: Anyone know If I can get NZXT Gamma anywhere in bangalore (or) hyderabad (or) kolkata (sounds strange but Ill be visiting all these cities soon for a short period of time, so want to get it from anywhere I can). Please help me with this one last thing :smile:

OP
K

kageiit

Broken In
Anyone know If I can get NZXT Gamma anywhere in bangalore (or) hyderabad (or) kolkata (sounds strange but Ill be visiting all these cities soon for a short period of time, so want to get it from anywhere I can). Please help me with this one last thing

OP
K

kageiit

Broken In
ordered NZXT Gamma from Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store for 2.4k ( including vat + shipping ). Now just to wait :)

OP
K

kageiit

Broken In
Pics!!

*img819.imageshack.us/img819/390/dsc03981.jpg

*img85.imageshack.us/img85/5832/dsc03979ns.jpg

*img571.imageshack.us/img571/412/dsc03985tq.jpg

*img576.imageshack.us/img576/5676/dsc03987a.jpg

*img408.imageshack.us/img408/8516/dsc03980r.jpg

Will post pics of cabby once I receive it :grin:

Piyush