New Laptop

aaruni

The Linux Guy
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

Around 50k INR.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

15 inch, but light.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Laptop for college use. Browsing, documents (MS-Office, PDFs, etc), movies, light gaming in DOSBOX, light VM use (Win 7 inside Ubuntu).

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Looking for hackintosh compatible hardware.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Don't really have a brand preference, but have had poor experience with Asus budget laptops in the past.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Looking to purchase this in mid October 2017. Need a big storage drive for dual booting. fHD screen preferred. Purchase place : online, or Bangalore local market.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Around 50k INR.

15 inch, but light.

Laptop for college use. Browsing, documents (MS-Office, PDFs, etc), movies, light gaming in DOSBOX, light VM use (Win 7 inside Ubuntu).

Don't really have a brand preference, but have had poor experience with Asus budget laptops in the past.

Looking to purchase this in mid October 2017. Need a big storage drive for dual booting. fHD screen preferred. Purchase place : online, or Bangalore local market.

October is 4 months away. Bump this thread after September 15th.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
But, in general, what kind of a something am I looking for, based on the questionnaire I filled out?
Dual core ULV i5/i7 with TN 1080p screen, 1 TB storage, no ssd, 4-8GB ram.
If I were you, I'd import a laptop from USA with the help of a friend.

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Is the ULV performance back on track yet? The last I checked, 3rd gen mobile processors outperformed 5th gen ULV counterparts.

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

Void

Right off the assembly line
If you are looking for a compatible OSX86 (Hackintosh) machine go for HP Probook's. They are tried and tested, everything works OFTB, except for Wi-Fi you can easily swap with a compatible Wi-fi chip.

Mohitsingh

Hey,
If you are looking for the best lightweight laptop with window 10 then you have good news because LAVA Company launches their latest delightfully lightweight laptop - LAVA Helium 14 come with Window 10. now Watch your favorite series and play games on the go in 1080p resolution on full HD display screen.

Attachments

• Lava Helium 14.jpg
    Lava Helium 14.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 79

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hey,
If you are looking for the best lightweight laptop with window 10 then you have good news because LAVA Company launches their latest delightfully lightweight laptop - LAVA Helium 14 come with Window 10. now Watch your favorite series and play games on the go in 1080p resolution on full HD display screen.
Hey Lava rep, post complete info or GTFO.
As for the "play games" part, if it doesn't have at least a GTX 1060 6GB, throw it in actual Lava.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Around 50k INR.

15 inch, but light.

Buy HP 15-BE002TX 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5 6th Gen/8GB/1TB/Windows 10 Home/2GB Graphics), Turbo Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Imported from USA, no branded box, etc available. Is it still a trusted buy?

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk
Else you can go with this:HP Pavilion 15-au624tx Notebook (7th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62cm(15.6)- Win 10 with MS Office- 4GB Graphics) (Silver)
Though it comes with only 4GB DDR4 RAM, you can add another 4GB DDR4 RAM anytime later.
This comes with full warranty.
But it's somewhat costly.

dravidworld

If you are looking for a compatible OSX86 (Hackintosh) machine go for HP Probook's. They are tried and tested, everything works OFTB, except for Wi-Fi you can easily swap with a compatible Wi-fi chip.

no doubt that the Probook series by HP is one of the best series out in the market, it’s a step below their business oriented Elitebook but still manages to be pretty solid in terms of the build quality along with the top of the line specs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom