Networking - Pl. Suggest software to monitor data usage from dial up connection

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Hi,
We were surprised to find that the internet data usage shown by Tata Photon prepaid dongle was consumption of 800MB on a single day when to best of our knowledge the dongle was ON for hardly 2 continuous hours but it was normal browsing. 800MB full throttle in just 2 hours on 3.1Mbps does not seem possible. Interestingly the other small entries like 6 MB, 10MB etc appear fine to me on other days.

I asked Tata Photon to share the details like IP addresses/URLs and detailed MBs uploaded/downloaded from it but they refused. All I can see is a single entry of 800MB at a specific time say 7PM on a single day.

I wish to know if someone can suggest a suitable data monitoring software (Windows 8.1) preferably free that can kick in once Photon dialer connects and stops when it disconnects. It should not kick in for other connections like WiFi.

I will try to make a rough picture of data usage and try to map it with what Photon shows before concluding anything.

My google search continues but in case someone knows upfront or has experience is using such software, can please recommend.
Thanks

meetdilip

Computer Addict
NetWorx : bandwidth monitor, connection speed test, data usage log

Choose adapters you wish to monitor

Hrishi

Same thing happened with me for My Vodafone 4G Postpaid.
They took off 10Gigs of usage in a day, and said it was me. I fought for it, and got it back...
Obviously it wasn't me, I barely had used 100mb since renewal.

These things happen often.

In your case, see if they can get you statistics detail for data used. You have all the right in the world to ask for it.

If it's not legit and you have pushed them hard, they will have to acknowledge and fix it.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Same thing happened with me for My Vodafone 4G Postpaid.
They took off 10Gigs of usage in a day, and said it was me. I fought for it, and got it back...
Obviously it wasn't me, I barely had used 100mb since renewal.

These things happen often.

In your case, see if they can get you statistics detail for data used. You have all the right in the world to ask for it.

If it's not legit and you have pushed them hard, they will have to acknowledge and fix it.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
Whom did you mark a mail in Vodafone to get your data back?

Top Bottom