Need the best Printer (Print + Copy + Scan) for around 4k-5k

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Vyom please let us know what happens with service. Do you think you need to reinstall the firmware?

Surely I will keep this thread updated. But I don't think that's a firmware issue. Looks like the header of scanner is jammed.
It was making much noise while scanning. Eventually it seems it's jammed for good.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Since I yet again forget to update this thread, here's the story.

A serviceman from HP did came and spend an hour troubleshooting the MFD. As it turns out the serviceman said the fault lie with a loose spring that was causing the scanner head to not getting back at the start position after a scan. Now the MFD works perfectly again and I just tested it again today by scanning using the mobile App.

After the service was done the guy also gave a paper receipt of the service and gave his personal number in case we need him again. I would say this was a very good service experience. HP excelled with flying colours in RMA department. :D

maverick121

Journeyman
I had got hp 3445e.But the display of the printer had some dead pixels,so returned.Is this issue common [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] can you confirm this from your printer

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
No dead pixels on the display of my printer maverick121. But its a display that probably is not even used much. And it won't have any impact on the quality of the printing.
Anyway, I think you will get a new printer now anyway. Perks of shopping online?

maverick121

Journeyman
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] When you pay for a product,no one wants a defective product and yes it has some scratches inside the scanning panel lid.But the printer had all the packing and stuff(the cardboard and the inner coverings).

And online shopping... Amazon is the best.Quick delivery,Quick Pickup and even offered me price match on the new printer.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] When you pay for a product,no one wants a defective product and yes it has some scratches inside the scanning panel lid.But the printer had all the packing and stuff(the cardboard and the inner coverings).

And online shopping... Amazon is the best.Quick delivery,Quick Pickup and even offered me price match on the new printer.
Once they delivered my product to my neighbor. When I received from them it was open. Neighbors said it was received in this condition but I don't believe them. Anyways I can do nothing except drop Amazon forever.
Delivery courier was India post

maverick121

Journeyman
[MENTION=166916]theterminator[/MENTION] Only buy amazon fulfilled stuff and the best service is offered when its shipped by Amazon Transportation Services(Their own Courier) but i got some consignments from amazon recently via Indiapost.It was fast,perfect packing .. no complaints.Only downsite is you need go and collect from Indiapost office when the post man is there.. but its not an issue at all,since its small stuff they send through indiapost.

pgmadhav

Broken In
I am planning to buy a Multifunction printer. I have found that HP inkjet printer are economical and consume very less ink. I have zeroed on HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515. My budget is Rs. 4000. Any suggetions?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am planning to buy a Multifunction printer. I have found that HP inkjet printer are economical and consume very less ink. I have zeroed on HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515. My budget is Rs. 4000. Any suggetions?

I suggest you to read the page 1 of this thread. If you don't have the time.. then here's the Tl;dr version:
HO Deskjet 1515 is a pretty good printer and in fact I got inclined to buy that too when I was searching for a new MFD. But later choose Deskjet 3545 because of two main things:
1. Wireless support: This is handy to print documents from any device that is connected via Wifi, like Laptop and phones. So its pretty helpful for me.
2. Looks: The look of 3545 is so good that I could have chosen this even if it comes without wifi support. (I have a thing for black in gadgets. :p)

But if your budget is very strict, you can go ahead with 1515. Only thing you will miss is Wireless support (and looks). 3545 have gone costly now with Rs 6223 on FK. 1515 is for Rs 4199. A difference of 2k is only worth if you want wireless support.

pgmadhav

Broken In
I suggest you to read the page 1 of this thread. If you don't have the time.. then here's the Tl;dr version:
HO Deskjet 1515 is a pretty good printer and in fact I got inclined to buy that too when I was searching for a new MFD. But later choose Deskjet 3545 because of two main things:
1. Wireless support: This is handy to print documents from any device that is connected via Wifi, like Laptop and phones. So its pretty helpful for me.
2. Looks: The look of 3545 is so good that I could have chosen this even if it comes without wifi support. (I have a thing for black in gadgets. :p)

But if your budget is very strict, you can go ahead with 1515. Only thing you will miss is Wireless support (and looks). 3545 have gone costly now with Rs 6223 on FK. 1515 is for Rs 4199. A difference of 2k is only worth if you want wireless support.
Thanks dost!!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thanks dost!!

Canon PIXMA MG3570 All-in-One Inkjet Wireless Printer - Canon : Flipkart.com

if you want wireless etc for cheaper
I have MG3170,similar model(dunno the difference,specs etc is exactly the same)

great printer,works very well

rvlkiran

Right off the assembly line
Canon PIXMA MG3570 All-in-One Inkjet Wireless Printer - Canon : Flipkart.com

if you want wireless etc for cheaper
I have MG3170,similar model(dunno the difference,specs etc is exactly the same)

great printer,works very well

Yes, but B/W cartridge cost is 850 Rs (PG740|eBay), and page yield is 300 pages, which makes it Rs 2.83 per page just on ink. [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] has analyzed the cartridge/page yield costs in one of his posts in this thread, please look at the table.

But later choose Deskjet 3545 because of two main things:

Yes, and for me [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]'s detailed analysis of page yield/cartridge cost (Rs. 1 per page) also swung the deal in favour of HP 3545.

Last edited:

gshraju

Right off the assembly line

[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION],
Hi there,
Very useful thread.....I am also willing to buy HP 3545...
Only one more clarification needed...How about Canon Ink Efficient E560.....It says 800 pages black & white printing......
Any cons and pros for that model compared to HP 3545?

Last edited:
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION],
Hi there,
Very useful thread.....I am also willing to buy HP 3545...
Only one more clarification needed...How about Canon Ink Efficient E560.....It says 800 pages black & white printing......
Any cons and pros for that model compared to HP 3545?

Hi gshraju. I am by no means an expert on printers. All I did was research on the printers as per my needs. You should analyze your requirement, needs and then and probably use the calculator described on first page to decide what printer you should take.

Top Bottom