Need headphones for Rs. 500-550

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
I need headphones for around 500-550 rupees for use on my pc only mainly for listening to music. I will buy from flipkart or similar site. So please suggest me some good headphones.

Since I need the new headphones mainly for listening to music, can I use in ear headphones with my pc or go with the regular over the ear headphones? Which will be better for music on the pc IEM's (in ear monitor) or regular over the ear headphones?

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
If mic not required then better to get philips shp2000 from flipkart @ 470
Philips SHP2000 - Philips: Flipkart.com
or
panasonic rp ht161
Panasonic RP-HT161E-K Headphone - Panasonic: Flipkart.com

Last edited:
OP
G

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
If mic not required then better to get philips shp2000 from flipkart @ 470
Philips SHP2000 - Philips: Flipkart.com
or
panasonic rp ht161
Panasonic RP-HT161E-K Headphone - Panasonic: Flipkart.com

i was interested in IEM's also, so if they work good good with my pc (my mobo is Gigabyte B75) please suggest some good IEM's in my budget or else i will go with one of the two you posted

also mic is not required

Last edited:
OP
G

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
Soundmagic es18 is available on flipkart for 700 and 600 rupees which is a little out of my budget but it is available on SnapDeal for 560...so should i buy from snapdeal or is there any other site with price as ~550 rupees...

also does anyone know if i can buy Soundmagic es18 locally in hyd....

shreymittal

Being Human
Theitdepot - Buy SoundMagic ES18 In-Ear-Headphone (Orange-Grey) online in india
*www.shopclues.com/sound-magic-es-18-headphones-367090.html
*www.pepperfry.com/soundmagic-earphone-es-18-red-black-245934.html

Out of stock
SoundMAGIC ES 18 Earphone - Buy Online with Best Prices @ Shopping.IndiaTimes.com
*www.tradus.com/sound-magic-es-18-h...medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=aff-IA-cuelinks

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Imo opinion shp2000 and shp2500 requires more power so on portable source it may sound low. For desktop its ok but by adding dac / amp volume and sq can increase noticeably.

Given an option for me circumaural headphones any day.
Finally its op's choice but first confirm that you will not blow out iems on higher volume. Wires of iem are short so take that point into consideration

OP
G

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
Its really subjective. What do you prefer: over the ear headphones or IEMs? I prefer headphones and thats why I purchased the SHP 2000. Its good for anything but metal music.

anything is ok as long as they are as loud as possible and clear when listening to music....also whats the problem with shp 2000 and metal music? cause i mainly listen to metal music....

since you already own Philips SHP 2000 i want to ask whether is loud enough for listening to music?

Imo opinion shp2000 and shp2500 requires more power so on portable source it may sound low. For desktop its ok but by adding dac / amp volume and sq can increase noticeably.

Given an option for me circumaural headphones any day.
Finally its op's choice but first confirm that you will not blow out iems on higher volume. Wires of iem are short so take that point into consideration
SHP 2000 works perfectly on my Nokia X2-00 with good bass.

anything is ok as long as they are as loud as possible and clear when listening to music....also whats the problem with shp 2000 and metal music? cause i mainly listen to metal music....

since you already own Philips SHP2000 i want to ask whether is loud enough for listening to music?
Its loud enough. The problem with metal music arrives when there is too high frequency to play. But this happens too infrequently and is an issue only at too high volumes and over-increased terrible from the equalizer. For its price, its a very good piece.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
SHP 2000 works perfectly on my Nokia X2-00 with good bass.

Its loud enough. The problem with metal music arrives when there is too high frequency to play. But this happens too infrequently and is an issue only at too high volumes and over-increased terrible from the equalizer. For its price, its a very good piece.

Nokia x2 is from xpress music range so it must be having better amp. My shp2500 did not perform well when connected to my SE k750/w800 fone. Btw it can differ from phone to phone. These are not the best but nothing can beat them for the price which we are getting. Still the DAC/amp can help them to perform better.
Totally agreed with treble part. shp2700 handles treble well but with slightly less bass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom