Need For Speed Payback

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Developer: Ghost games

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Release:2017
NEED FOR SPEED 2017: PAYING IT BACK

Join us as we go Under the Hood of Need for Speed to discuss customization, offline experience and what to expect for 2017.

Hey Everyone,

We wanted to drift by and talk about a topic that we know you’re just as passionate about as we are…the next Need for Speed.

By now many of you will have heard the talk that a new game is in development here at Ghost Games. We’re happy to announce that by the end of 2017 you will be playing a new Need for Speed game.

We’ll have a lot more details to share as we get closer to EA PLAY in June. In the meantime, we can share a few details about various aspects of Need for Speed, what they mean to you, to us as developers, and to the franchise as a whole.

First up, we wanted to say thank you. When we launched the reboot back in 2015, we were blown away by the amount of feedback you gave us. It was clear how passionate you are for Need for Speed, which is a large part of why we’re here today.

Customization, we love it, you love it, everyone loves it. What’s not to love? Rest assured that we’re committed to customization having a home within the Need for Speed series. It’s not going away and it will play as strong a role as ever as we move forward into the next game and beyond.

Woop woop…let’s talk about cops. There’s nothing more satisfying than getting into a cop chase and feeling the heat on your tail as you tear it up through the city. Cops in pursuit, racers up ahead and then out of nowhere BAM! They bring a Rhino to a street race. You got this?

Whether you’re checking out your freshly customized ride or smoking the competition in an event up in the canyons, you’re going to want a world that not only looks beautiful, but offers you the space in which to do the things you want. We’re dialing up the action and allowing you to tear up the tarmac, and dirt, to your heart's content.

Burn rubber as you throw a car around a corner sideways and floor it as you hit an epic jump away from the cops. We’re building the world, but what you do in it is the aspect that excites us most.

Let’s finish on one of the biggest discussion points around the last game: always-online. To say that this is a topic you're passionate about would be an understatement, and whenever there’s a topic that gathers as much attention and feedback from you as this did, we take note.

So, when release day rolls around for the next Need for Speed, you will be able to play through a single player experience completely offline. Before you ask, and we know you will, this does mean you will be able to pause the game.

Need for Speed has an amazing history and at Ghost we feel very honored and privileged to be driving it forward. We’ll be speaking to you again very, very soon.

Here’s to a bright future, together.

- Ghost

chaoseater

Right off the assembly line
I hope this won't be a letdown again from NFS franchise. They just keep promising and never deliver.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Talking about the era after Underground 2, for me the good NFS games were Most wanted (original, not the 2012 piece of shit), Carbon and The Run.
There must be a solid story in single player mode, and single player means OFFLINE! I don't know why many of the companies have forgotten that

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Talking about the era after Underground 2, for me the good NFS games were Most wanted (original, not the 2012 piece of shit), Carbon and The Run.
There must be a solid story in single player mode, and single player means OFFLINE! I don't know why many of the companies have forgotten that
are Carbon & Run good ? I haven't played them and also Carbon 2

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
@Zangetsu

Carbon 2? I think there is no such game.

I liked Carbon only because there was some story. It came just after original most wanted, and follows the story after it. I would say it isn't a great game (most wanted is definitely better) but yes, very much likable.
Need for Speed Run.. I personally loved that game! There is literally no repetition as you are supposed to reach first to New York, involved in a high class illegal race, all the way from western coast of US! Very fast paced, no bullshit of buying and customizing vehicles, just start and race! You would be driving through famous cities (San Francisco, Chicago etc.) and you would really some tough time while evading the police. The main character feels very livable so the player is always feel engrossed in the game. I've personally played and completed this game many times. A must try I would say.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Yes, and believe it or not..I've played (or tried and got bored) each and every NFS game, which were released for PC, since the Need for Speed II (which was originally released in 1997) ;)

avanildutta

Journeyman
Looks like a Fast and Furious story. Looks good though.

Also, if anyone want to race on MW2005, let me know.
Is MW2005 available anywhere to buy now.. Have searched it a lot. Couldn't find one copy. Really want to play that game again so bad...

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

Hrishi

Bored of the NFSMW lineup, they're doing the same thing what Fast and Furious is doing to its Franchise.
Just throwing more and more action scenes and eye candies, at the expense of poor plots and immersion.
I hope they bring back, the good old NFS era. Manual controls, good ol cop chases and a gripping plot.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Is MW2005 available anywhere to buy now.. Have searched it a lot. Couldn't find one copy. Really want to play that game again so bad...

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk
I too searched but couldn't find. Right now, I do not own the original game but we can play online via GameRanger.

ellydev

Broken In
The trailer does look like "Fast and Furious" one - I thought about it after first few seconds of it. I hope they will do a good work on the story mode so it's not going to get too boring too fast.

Top Bottom