My New Blu-Ray Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheshn

Journeyman
Hello everyone, my brand new Blu-Ray Writer :)

LG WH14NS40 - purchased through a friend from Chennai. Cost 6600/- (No courier charges).

(*for chennai-ites, not from Ritchie Street - from Parrys :wink: )

Please note even after resizing the images are around 2.6megs all together - sorry if it loads slow.

*s15.postimg.org/algm937kn/BR_DSCN0980.jpg
*s24.postimg.org/ejy94nw01/BR_DSCN0984.jpg
*s13.postimg.org/ipy0mf237/BR_DSCN0992.jpg
*s24.postimg.org/6bwbjo43l/BR_DSCN0993.jpg
*s21.postimg.org/ej1l3mnoj/BR_DSCN0986.jpg
*s21.postimg.org/e54uhrsyr/BR_DSCN0989.jpg
*s17.postimg.org/diieb21h7/BR_DSCN0991.jpg

OP
maheshn

maheshn

Journeyman
@Nerevarine, pack of 10 (spindle)(Verbatim brand) cost 1200/- on flipkart. Local market should cost less.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I have the same writer bought from amazon in December last year for 4.8K. It is a very good drive. I am yet to try burning a blu-ray disk. I mainly use it for backing up a few blu-ray movies I have to hdd.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Whats the use of purchasing a Blue Ray writer for Rs 6600 and then buying Rs 120 a disk?
Why not buy a 1 TB HDD itself for around Rs 7000? :/

OP
maheshn

maheshn

Journeyman
Whats the use of purchasing a Blue Ray writer for Rs 6600 and then buying Rs 120 a disk?
Why not buy a 1 TB HDD itself for around Rs 7000? :/

Not that its' meant for the public, but its purpose is to reduce my home's music collection (3 generations, starting from my grandfather's 78rpm records now painstakingly digitised, to a whole lot of recordings made by father & friends during concerts, mine and my brother's accumulation,etc... you get the picture :-D ), to about one-fifth of its size. And no, I'm not mentioning numbers.

Why discs? Well, there is already 2 backups on several external HDD's, but these too can, and do fail. I have had no fewer than 3 seagate's fail on me at various ages, so it is for alternate backup (and will be obviously kept in a separate location). P. S. Planning to use either gold-quality media or Millenniata's M-Disc for somewhat future proof backups.

Also when 1 HDD fails you lose a LOT at one go. When 1 disc fails obviously it doesn't affect the rest of the stuff :-D

Hope I answered your question. :-D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have myself experienced the loss of data collected over the course of 1 year due to a crashed hard drive. Luckily it happened years ago, when I was in college. Didn't have something as precious as songs from many generations! :p

Still I can understand your feelings. And while external hdd's are a quick way to keep a backup, it's not completely reliable. Multiple backups are the way to go. Maybe someday I would be able to afford a Blue Ray disks to take my backups. Or maybe a RAID 1 setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom