[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
WTF my dads Axis Bank card is unable to complete transaction for Windows 8 upgrade. This is bad. A 699 INR transaction is failing :(

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
An update - Axis Bank Master Debit card works on Google Play subject to one condition - billing is not in INR.
I bought an app which was billed in EUR, but when I try to buy Camera Zoom FX or NFS Most Wanted which is billed in INR, it doesn't work.
Additionally, my card successfully worked with my VPS provider who doesn't use 3DSC and is based in Germany.

sahisxy29

Right off the assembly line
last week I opened an accoutn with hdfc just because I wanted to use the visa international card with paypal :|

just checked that paypal and hdfc are not compatible.. then i googled a bit and found this forum and seriously I feel like (facepalm)
i should have googled before lol

a frnd of mine attached his visa debit card with paypal and it works so I thought of doing the same :p
but ended up like this :|

afaik axis debit card with work with paypal?
I mean my main purpose is to attach my debit card with paypal so that I can send payments from my paypal account.
should I opt for axis?

ps: Nice forum :D
btw.. do you have to answer this random question again and again before you make a post :O

Thanks

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico your card is still working for international payments?
yes, it is.

last week I opened an accoutn with hdfc just because I wanted to use the visa international card with paypal :|

just checked that paypal and hdfc are not compatible.. then i googled a bit and found this forum and seriously I feel like (facepalm)
i should have googled before lol

a frnd of mine attached his visa debit card with paypal and it works so I thought of doing the same :p
but ended up like this :|

afaik axis debit card with work with paypal?
I mean my main purpose is to attach my debit card with paypal so that I can send payments from my paypal account.
should I opt for axis?

ps: Nice forum :D
btw.. do you have to answer this random question again and again before you make a post :O

Thanks
Axis Visa Debit Card should work.

alekhkhanna

So was wondering what happened to my perfectly fine Axis Card and chanced upon this thread.
Just to update, tried 2 different Axis Visa Debit cards on Play Store (both mapped to different accounts) and none of them work.

Is there a way to change the region of your store i.e. make it show prices in $ or Euros and not INR (as it apparently works with foreign currencies) ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Did you choose your country when it's was asked first time when you turned on the phone (or flashed the ROM)?

It shows me prices in INR.

I guess that can be done from Google A/c too.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Did you choose your country when it's was asked first time when you turned on the phone (or flashed the ROM)?

It shows me prices in INR.

I guess that can be done from Google A/c too.

I contacted Google on this issue as well just in case there was a way to force all transactions to USD or some other currency, but they said it's not possible at the moment.

The prices are always shown in INR, but the final charge on your card varies. It might be in INR (mostly) or some other currency that the developer desires.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
So was wondering what happened to my perfectly fine Axis Card and chanced upon this thread.
Just to update, tried 2 different Axis Visa Debit cards on Play Store (both mapped to different accounts) and none of them work.

Is there a way to change the region of your store i.e. make it show prices in $ or Euros and not INR (as it apparently works with foreign currencies) ?
Which one? Visa or Mastercard?

debarshi

Otaku
My VISA is working fine.........
And the price you see in Google Play is just the converted price......... When you are actually billed, you will be charged in the currency of the developer's country..
Just check the list of transactions in Google Wallet and you'll see.
When I bought Fruit Ninja, I was charged in AU$

But it shouldnt be INR because paid apps are not allowed in India yet AFAIK

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
My VISA is working fine.........
And the price you see in Google Play is just the converted price......... When you are actually billed, you will be charged in the currency of the developer's country..
Just check the list of transactions in Google Wallet and you'll see.
When I bought Fruit Ninja, I was charged in AU$

But it shouldnt be INR because paid apps are not allowed in India yet AFAIK

Wrong. Paid apps were recently allowed in India after which my master card stopped working. I am not able to buy Camera Zoom FX or NFS most wanted which is being billed in INR.

But on the same card I was able to buy Missed It which was charged in EUR.

debarshi

Otaku
I just bought Camera Zoom Fx in discount..... The transaction went smoothly

But yes you're right......... My last transaction on 22nd October was in $, but yesterday, both of Camera Zoom FX and PowerAmp was billed in INR..........

benujacob

just got the card.. its Master Card i told them i need Visa but they delivered Mastercard :(

Axis Bank | Titanium Rewards Debit Card - Features & Benefits

Top Bottom